Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade (562 Views)

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) / Best 10 Latest Naija Songs Trending in October 2020 | "Lonely" Tops Chart / Top 20 Hottest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by demolinka(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Watching Lil Wayne proclaim the 'litness' of the Nigerian entity took me sent me to the peak of cloud Nine. Like, we are so blessed and talented in this nation, the whole world can't afford not to notice. Especially our MUSIC; talent plenty sóté e dey confuse us. And sometimes, it's easy for a lot of good stuff to get lost in the super talented multitude.

Here's a list of 10 songs from the last decade that could have strolled into the A-list with a bit more push and attention:

Touching Body - A sumptuous work of melodic art from the combination of Nigeria's J-Martins and Ivorien DJ Arafat, of blessed Memory

Ongbalarami Larami - Oritsefemi prolly dropped this one to show naija that he never forgot his Celestial roots

Gbese - Would be contending for naija hit of the decade if it had been done by Burna or Wizzy. Still, much respect to Qdot on this one.

Mabuza Mabuza - Only Zoro could take an Igbo Catholic hymn and turn it into a street jam. Brilliant tune.

Kokose - Sound Sultan teamed up with Wizkid to produce this catchy vibe, with cool dance steps too.

Gbemileke - The original was really good, then Skuki turned it up a notch bringing on Tiwa Savage for the remix. Madt tins!

Eko - Soti dropped this one to cement her place as the quasi-beyonce of naija music. Great song!

Work It - Some say outdoing the success of 'God Win' would have been impossible. But this song was a really good attempt by Korede Bello

Mosquito Killer - Agege bred Small Doctor took the streets by storm with this up-tempo tune. Solid.

Soke - Somehow, this song just never got the respect it deserved. Big Kudos to Niniola and Sarz on this.

Dance - Timaya + Rudeboy? Mad ooooo!

Add yours, let's celebrate those songs 'that almost blew up.'
Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by Abfinest007(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
these songs u just mentioned doesn't worth d hype
Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by demolinka(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Abfinest007:
these songs u just mentioned doesn't worth d hype
For me, give these songs to any of the 'hot artistes', they'll turn Megahits
Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by majamajic(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Chinny Baby - Flavour

Raindrop - 2face

Sweet Love - Wizkid

Baby I love u ( remix ) - Ducan mighty

Awwww - Dija

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by EbukaHades10(m): 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
When Op was thinking of creating the thread Vs when Op created the thread.

All those songs there need to be burnt to ashes if possible

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by demolinka(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
EbukaHades10:
When Op was thinking of creating the thread Vs when Op created the thread.

All those songs there need to be burnt to ashes if possible
Burn fire...oya drop your own
Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by EbukaHades10(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
demolinka:

Burn fire...oya drop your own

Yung L - SOS

Dare- Pray

Black magic - Repete / Bastard.

Waje ft Patoranking - Left for good

Burna boy - Like to party

Ajebutter 22 - Omo pastor

SDC - Happy weekend sir / Feel Alright

Bez - Stupid song

Praise - Rich and famous

Erriga - Welcome to Warri, Headpan, Motivation, (virtually all songs on the Erigma II album)

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by demolinka(m): 1:17am On Jan 10, 2020
EbukaHades10:

Yung L - SOS

Dare- Pray

Bez - Stupid song

Praise - Rich and famous

Erriga - Welcome to Warri, Headpan, Motivation, (virtually all songs on the Erigma II album)

Sharp!
Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by Simplecity(m): 2:18am On Jan 10, 2020
EbukaHades10:

Yung L - SOS

Dare- Pray

Bez - Stupid song

Praise - Rich and famous

as i see Dare Pray ....i know say you be sabi pesin....chop knuckle ..let op be listing small doctor as song of decade....crap

1 Like

Re: 10 Of The Most Underrated Naija Songs In The Last Decade by demolinka(m): 7:51am On Jan 10, 2020
Simplecity:
as i see Dare Pray ....i know say you be sabi pesin....chop knuckle ..let op be listing small doctor as song of decade....crap
Lol. No be so bro. On a good day those songs for the list go scatter everywhere, but no solid publicity to carry Dem. Ok see Dare 'pray for me', I no fit put am because e dey everywhere that year and e scatter things.

Oya u sef add those songs wey suppose blow but d bomb no detonate

(1) (Reply)

Kobe Bryant Died In Helicopter Crash! Was It Karma? / DOWNLOAD MP3: TY Bello – Blessings Only You Can Give Ft. Yetunde Bankole-Bernard / Wizkid Allows Bella Shmurda To Perform At His Concert At O2 Arena [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.