Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada (11431 Views)

Top 10 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria. / List Of Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria 2018 / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by Engineer11985(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Many people shy away from applying to universities in Canada, because they feel that the tuition fees is too high. Well, the truth is that a lot of Canadian universities are cheap; their tuition fees are very low compared to universities in places like USA, UK and Australia. I have written many articles on low tuition universities in Canada, so you can check the achieves section of this blog to access these articles.

Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls.

Important facts about Canada that you should know

Canada ranks high as one of the world’s leading destinations for international students, a home of international students from diversecultural background and experiences, it is known for cities with large ethnic mix and furthermore it’s a beauty place to study.

This popularity Canada enjoys is largely due to the fact that unlike other parts of the world, the cost of tuition and living in Canada is very affordable, though not cheap but affordable and with planning students can make preparations ahead for a life of studies in Canada.

Unlike Australia, United Kingdom and USA that are like counterparts, Canada ranks rank in providing affordable tuition and living expenses.

Canada offers the lowest tuition fees for foreign students unlike its counterparts.

Tuition rates at U.S public varsities for bachelor degree course for example are 30% higher than those in Canada, while fees of private universities are much higher

In today’s post I shall be providing an updated list of top 10 lowest tuition universities in Canada with their respective tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.

Before I do this, will like us to look at benefits of studying in Canada, cost of living, admission requirements, possibility of working and studying in Canada etc.

We can assist with admission and visa processing into low tuition universities in Europe, Kindly call: +2349060294376 or +2348054323165 for more information

Why many student choose Canada?

You may be asking yourself this question. Why thousands of students worldwide prefer or choose to study in Canada. Find the reasons below:

The first reason is that many international students are attracted to the high rankings of colleges and universities in Canada. Universities like University of Toronto, McMaster University, and University of British Columbia rank almost the same with the Ivy Leagues and prestigious universities in the United Kingdom and other places. While the education system in Canada is fantastic, it’s still cheaper compared to those in other developed countries such as USA, United Kingdom and Australia.

The second reason why international students choose to study in Canada is the beautiful nature in Canada. Canada is known for its beauty and has fascinating animals and plants. Since places like Vancouver, Quebec, and Nova Scotia are popular tourist attractions, alot of international students wish to study in Canada to feed their eyes and view the beautiful and magnificent nature.

The third reason is that Canadian universities and colleges offer undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs with very low and affordable tuition fees. Apart from this, professional degrees such as MBA and Medical doctors can be obtained by paying low tuition fees. I need to state that these tuition figures change according to your program or course of study, so numbers are an average.

Cost of living in Canada for students

Cost of living can be defined as the amount an individual student needs to take care of his/her feeding, accommodation, transportation, buying of books, recreation etc in a period of time. This amount usually changes depending on the lifestyle an dispending habit of a students. In Canada, it is estimated that a student needs about $600 to $800 per month for his/her day to day living. Here’s the breakdown:

Accommodation (bedroom apartment) – $400 approximately per month.
Books and supplies – $1000 per year
Movies – $8.50 – $13
Average restaurant meal – $10 – $25 per person
Groceries – $150 – $200 per month

HOUSING

Most universities offer on-campus residences designated for international students, although

acceptance of study does not guaranty automatically you will get accommodation on campus. Students have to apply separately for on-campus housing.

The cost for on-campus housing varies across provinces and institutions and depends if students want a private apartment or shared apartment, meal course also must be taken into effect.

Students can choose to live in apartment’s off-campus. Rents vary ranging from $400 CDN to $1,500 CDN per month depending on apartment choice, city and neighborhood. Remember that utilities have to be put into consideration, utilities such as electricity, phone, internet, cable television, and insurance as well as personal expenses.

Most universities provide assistance in getting accommodation both on and off campus.

These services are provided through the housing office or student services.

TRANSPORT

Depending on proximity, many students walk or take bike to campus daily. Public transportation in form of buses, commuter trains, ferries are readily available for transport. On the average students can plan $100 Cdn monthly for transportation even though discounts are offered by many transport providers.

For students that intend to own a car and drive themselves to campus daily, it should be noted that provincial government are responsible for provision of drivers’ licenses so upon arrival students will have to contact ministry of transportation in theprovince of study to check if they are eligible and then apply.

HEALTH INSURANCE

All foreign students must have an health insurance in Canada. Medical insurance are available to all international students from province to province.

Provinces like Saskatchewan, Labrador, British Columbia, New foundland, Manitoba and Alberta provide medical cover for international students under their health care insurance plans but this depends on length of stay too.

Admission intake periods

Almost all programs in Canadian colleges and universities have 3 intake periods in a year. These three intakes are winter, spring and fall. You will need to contact the school and find out the available intake periods for your chosen program. You can do this by calling or sending a mail to the admissions department. Remember that you need to apply as early as possible, for instance, if your program intake period is by January (winter), ensure that you apply 6 to 8 months in advance so you will have enough time to process your visa.

Work while studying

International students are allowed to work while studying in Canada. You can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break). A work permit does not guarantee that you will find a job. It is your responsibility to look for work. Even if you work off campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.
Read more: https://studyabroad365.com/2019/12/comprehensive-list-of-cheapest-universities-in-canada-for-international-students/

4 Likes

Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by unclefresh(m): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
I have a cousin that wants to school in Canada , pharmacy precisely do u know how much it will cost yearly
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by edoairways: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Engineer11985 I can't find the cheapest universities in Canada
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by Aquarite: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2020
I cannot see the list of cheap universities in Canada. kindly resend.
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by Makah00: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author=Engineer11985 post=85677087]Many people shy away from applying to universities in Canada, because they feel that the tuition fees is too high. Well, the truth is that a lot of Canadian universities are cheap; their tuition fees are very low compared to universities in places like USA, UK and Australia. I have written many articles on low tuition universities in Canada, so you can check the achieves section of this blog to access these articles.

Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains. It’s also home to Niagara Falls, a famous group of massive waterfalls.

Important facts about Canada that you should know

Canada ranks high as one of the world’s leading destinations for international students, a home of international students from diversecultural background and experiences, it is known for cities with large ethnic mix and furthermore it’s a beauty place to study.

This popularity Canada enjoys is largely due to the fact that unlike other parts of the world, the cost of tuition and living in Canada is very affordable, though not cheap but affordable and with planning students can make preparations ahead for a life of studies in Canada.

Unlike Australia, United Kingdom and USA that are like counterparts, Canada ranks rank in providing affordable tuition and living expenses.

Canada offers the lowest tuition fees for foreign students unlike its counterparts.

Tuition rates at U.S public varsities for bachelor degree course for example are 30% higher than those in Canada, while fees of private universities are much higher

In today’s post I shall be providing an updated list of top 10 lowest tuition universities in Canada with their respective tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.

Before I do this, will like us to look at benefits of studying in Canada, cost of living, admission requirements, possibility of working and studying in Canada etc.

We can assist with admission and visa processing into low tuition universities in Europe, Kindly call: +2349060294376 or +2348054323165 for more information

Why many student choose Canada?

You may be asking yourself this question. Why thousands of students worldwide prefer or choose to study in Canada. Find the reasons below:

The first reason is that many international students are attracted to the high rankings of colleges and universities in Canada. Universities like University of Toronto, McMaster University, and University of British Columbia rank almost the same with the Ivy Leagues and prestigious universities in the United Kingdom and other places. While the education system in Canada is fantastic, it’s still cheaper compared to those in other developed countries such as USA, United Kingdom and Australia.

The second reason why international students choose to study in Canada is the beautiful nature in Canada. Canada is known for its beauty and has fascinating animals and plants. Since places like Vancouver, Quebec, and Nova Scotia are popular tourist attractions, alot of international students wish to study in Canada to feed their eyes and view the beautiful and magnificent nature.

The third reason is that Canadian universities and colleges offer undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs with very low and affordable tuition fees. Apart from this, professional degrees such as MBA and Medical doctors can be obtained by paying low tuition fees. I need to state that these tuition figures change according to your program or course of study, so numbers are an average.

Cost of living in Canada for students

Cost of living can be defined as the amount an individual student needs to take care of his/her feeding, accommodation, transportation, buying of books, recreation etc in a period of time. This amount usually changes depending on the lifestyle an dispending habit of a students. In Canada, it is estimated that a student needs about $600 to $800 per month for his/her day to day living. Here’s the breakdown:

Accommodation (bedroom apartment) – $400 approximately per month.
Books and supplies – $1000 per year
Movies – $8.50 – $13
Average restaurant meal – $10 – $25 per person
Groceries – $150 – $200 per month

HOUSING

Most universities offer on-campus residences designated for international students, although

acceptance of study does not guaranty automatically you will get accommodation on campus. Students have to apply separately for on-campus housing.

The cost for on-campus housing varies across provinces and institutions and depends if students want a private apartment or shared apartment, meal course also must be taken into effect.

Students can choose to live in apartment’s off-campus. Rents vary ranging from $400 CDN to $1,500 CDN per month depending on apartment choice, city and neighborhood. Remember that utilities have to be put into consideration, utilities such as electricity, phone, internet, cable television, and insurance as well as personal expenses.

Most universities provide assistance in getting accommodation both on and off campus.

These services are provided through the housing office or student services.

TRANSPORT

Depending on proximity, many students walk or take bike to campus daily. Public transportation in form of buses, commuter trains, ferries are readily available for transport. On the average students can plan $100 Cdn monthly for transportation even though discounts are offered by many transport providers.

For students that intend to own a car and drive themselves to campus daily, it should be noted that provincial government are responsible for provision of drivers’ licenses so upon arrival students will have to contact ministry of transportation in theprovince of study to check if they are eligible and then apply.

HEALTH INSURANCE

All foreign students must have an health insurance in Canada. Medical insurance are available to all international students from province to province.

Provinces like Saskatchewan, Labrador, British Columbia, New foundland, Manitoba and Alberta provide medical cover for international students under their health care insurance plans but this depends on length of stay too.

Admission intake periods

Almost all programs in Canadian colleges and universities have 3 intake periods in a year. These three intakes are winter, spring and fall. You will need to contact the school and find out the available intake periods for your chosen program. You can do this by calling or sending a mail to the admissions department. Remember that you need to apply as early as possible, for instance, if your program intake period is by January (winter), ensure that you apply 6 to 8 months in advance so you will have enough time to process your visa.

Work while studying

International students are allowed to work while studying in Canada. You can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break). A work permit does not guarantee that you will find a job. It is your responsibility to look for work. Even if you work off campus, your studies must be the main reason you are in Canada.
Read more: https://studyabroad365.com/2019/12/comprehensive-list-of-cheapest-universities-in-canada-for-international-students/[/quote hello sir, can I message you
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by careergigo: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2020
You've written well but i've an updated list of tuition-free universities in canada. You can go through the list via https://careergigo.com/cheap-universities-in-canada/

I hope this helps..

If you need any related update, feel free to send a dm or you can always feel free to reference the page.
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by inform50(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2020
Wow! This article is really helpful to me I have been searching for this since.
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by Joshoutcast: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Ive been trying to look for information about studying in canada for a bachelors degree,on this nairaland platform but havent been able to gather viable information ,probably because im relatively new and dont know how to use this platform well ,
So i would appreciate if anyone who could offer help or answers to my questions or direct me to the thread for this kind of discussion
Im 19 years old and currently in my third year in the university of ilorin ,tho i plan to start afresh at a university in canada ,i need any vital information you can give me concerning schools,tuition ,visa handling,visa requirements ,educational requirments ,advise on how to apply for schools (just on how to increase my chances of admission) and tips on how to make sure my visa gets accepted ,cuz i heard after admission before the visa decion ,you are required to pay a non refudable deposit of your school fees to tge school, abeg i no get money to waste ,also concerning things like BTA or the amount needed to be in your bank account throuhgout your stay ,can it be arranged ,like the way its done for US or do you have to genuinely have that amount in your banks ,also i have a relative in canada although ive never spoken to her before ,i ssked my mom to reach out to her shes my moms cousin, is here presence or input in my application relevant or not ,
Pls nairalanders ,i need answers especially from people who have done this before or people in the process too so that we can help each other also incase you can direct me to the right threads that have similar discussions thanks
Re: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada by Chydobe: 12:55am On Aug 20, 2022
TOP 10 UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA / BEST UNIVERSITIES IN CANADA / STUDY IN CANADA

Canada is one among the numerous countries in the world known for its wonderful and excellent educational sector.  With over 200 universites in Canada, it is very hard to select one which offers good and quality education.

This article brings to limelight the top 10 universities in Canada according to the interantional ranking system.

Click on link below to see the latest top 10 universities in Canada

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-canada-best-ranked-universities-in-canada/

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Set To Commission Post-graduate Centre Built By CBN At ABU / I Need Admission Without Jamb Into Any University. / Presidency- We’ll Teach Nursery School Pupils Software Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.