Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

All Works And No Play Makes Jack An Expert - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All Works And No Play Makes Jack An Expert (251 Views)

Special Private Tutors, Engineering Works And Graphic Designing / Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps / Undergraduate Project Topics, Research Works And Materials For Graduating Studen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Works And No Play Makes Jack An Expert by branhampaul: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
There is a popular cliché that even two years old kids now state, and that is, all works and no play makes jack a dull boy. On this stand-point, I choose to differ. This cliché simply means or advices against working all through or reading all through, and that we should mix some playing into our lifestyles. No doubt playing is necessary. Like the playing of computer games, etc.

Looking at this cliché, it sounds more like something which was invented by some persons who do not like to work; whenever they are playing, and are been warned for too much play, they quickly conjure up the phrase that all works and no play makes jack a dull boy.

In a stretch of thinking, there is no way all works and no play can make a person dull; and by dull: I mean whatever relevant interpretation that can be given to the term. Some of us, when we work, we take such work as fun (play) because it is enjoyable and rewarding. For myself, programming a website or making a hip-hop beat is a work but at the same time it is fun for me. I could spend the whole day making beats or programming a website only taking breaks to eat, and yet I will not feel any slight dullness.

The above cliché as I stated earlier was formed by lazy persons and there is no rational base for thinking it applies to all or even some persons. The cliché might come into play if the person is doing a job that he does not enjoy or he is being forced to do. In this contemporary society of ours, people are advised to do a job that they will enjoy doing. Even if you start with a certain job and you do not enjoy the job, as time passes, if the job is rewarding, it will become fun for you.

I believe, in all reasonableness, that all works and no play will make a jack an expert in his field of specialty. He will be more skilled than his peers in that same field. We hear stories of successful people today who tell us about how they struggled in trying to be great; about how they spent extra amounts of time developing themselves and this hardwork made them distinct and pushed them to a top position higher than their peers. It is all work! Because you do not play does not mean you will be dull. As I stated earlier, if you enjoy your job, it becomes fun for you as well. So if you stay at the job throughout, it is enjoying, and the sign of dullness does not come through.

Lazy People or some persons always find excuses or ideas to justify their actions. Instead of them saying, I feel like playing now, it was turned to, all works and no play makes jack a dull boy.

This aforesaid phrase has become rampant in our communities and environs. People accept quotations, positions, without thinking if such is correct. That is the world for you!

All works and no play makes jack an expert!

- PaulPipAr

http://paulpipar.cf/articles/noplay.php
Re: All Works And No Play Makes Jack An Expert by dawnomike(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
I agree with you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JAMB – Why We Suspended NIN For UTME Registration / All You Need To Know About QUARKS / How To Make Ur Data Subscription Last For All Network...simple Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.