Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths (408 Views)

Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / "Why I Married My Sister" - 25-Year-Old Anambra Teacher / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by branhampaul: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
In our present society, it would not be an oasis in the desert to find persons who nurture and bear the idea that, "men are stronger than the female counterpart". This position, I strongly dissociate and differ myself with.

I vehemently believe that strength is not universal - in this sense I mean possessed solely by one gender; because one is stronger in "digging" does not mean he would be stronger in bearing "pains" or being "patient". It takes strength to be patient. I propose that men are not stronger than women; it would all depend on the circumstance and factual scenery. Some circumstances could reflect women to be stronger than men. This is life; common sense tells us that some things are spread or distributed; strength is one of these things.

Here is how my sister strengthened my believe that, ladies and males are on equal strengths. She proved to be as strong as us - the boys in my father's house.
In my house, we have taps that supply us water - just like taps in normal houses. These taps dispense water in our bathroom, kitchen and some strategic places. We also have a big drum (barrel for storing water) in the house where we store water in case the taps do not rush for sometime.
Whenever there is no water coming out from the inner house tap we have to go fetch from the outside (downstairs; because we live in the first story; the house is a three story building). Fetching from outside to fill the drum is not easy because one has to carry those big white paint buckets filled with waters to climb-up the stairs several times before the drum gets filled. We, the boys at home, most times do not fill up the drum because we get exhausted.

One day, during one of the periods when our inner tap was not rushing and we were fetching from outside to fill our inside drum, I came back home to find that the drum which was empty before I left home that day has been filled. On enquiring who got it filled, I was told, that it was my sister - this got me shocked! So, in addition, I completely believed that strength is not general but individualistic. The drum she filled is the same drum that I and my brothers sometimes find hard to fill. This is a feat, and I congratulated her. Something new was learned today. By learning something new, an ignorance spot was cleaned. My sister that I am talking about is the fifth born in the house and she is just 14 years of age.

In fact, I find the phrase "what men can do women can do better" derogatory because there is no need for such statement. Such phrase conjure up the assumption that men are stronger and I strongly disagree.

- PaulPipAr

http://paulpipar.cf/articles/onequal.php
Re: My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by GraGra247(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
branhampaul , So now you'll make the innocent 14 year old girl to do the work of 3 men everyday just to prove that she's strong or even stronger.

I mean that's if this story is even true and not fabricated by an undercover lady
Re: My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by lilmax(m): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
house filled with weak men

This one is bringing equal bla bla bla into it
Re: My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by uzedo1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
lilmax:
house filled with weak men

This one is bringing equal bla bla bla into it

The story self get as e be undecided
Re: My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by Blakjewelry(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Strength is most times a thing of the mind, in other word you are as strong as your will

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Strengthened My Believe On, Ladies And Males Are On Equal Strengths by branhampaul: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
GraGra247:
branhampaul , So now you'll make the innocent 14 year old girl to do the work of 3 men everyday just to prove that she's strong or even stronger.

I mean that's if this story is even true and not fabricated by an undercover lady
Reading is enough; do not add what is not implied. It will be greatly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

... / How Lockdown Gives This Man The Opportunity To Spend Time With His Family / Name One Thing You Have Stopped Doing Or Using Since Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.