Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner (74065 Views)

Iran Says Nothing Will Be Left In Israel If It Dares To Attack Iranian Territory / Iran Says It Struck Bases Of A Dissident Militant Group In Pakistan(photos) / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by OneKinGuy(m): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by oyichi: 6:56am On Jan 11, 2020
That is foolish. By the way, my W5 is rebooting itself, I have disconnected the power flex, flashed the phone but it is still rebooting itself, any technician in the house?, help!
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 11, 2020
KingAzubuike:

That's Obama alone, what about bush, Clinton, bush snr, ronald and Harry Truman
https://www.pri.org/stories/if-obama-apologized-1-civilian-drone-victim-every-day-it-would-take-him-3-years
You'll find that I'm not ready to engage anyone in this back and forth argument of US and middle East.
I'm no war expert.

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by ddeola: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2020
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by AlBaqir(m): 6:57am On Jan 11, 2020
Validated:
Shame on Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. He was busy shouting the missile launched was a ‘slap on the face’ for US but it was ‘not enough’ ... so, they now sacrificed 176 innocent lives. Funny, not one US citizen was hurt.

To say they have been denying this for past days makes it so painful. The UN should disarm Iran immediately because that is how they will "unintentionally" unleash nuclear arsenal on the region and be denying it.

It was sad and unforgivable that aviation industry was not shut down amidst the tension.

Your darling U.S. also denied for almost a month when she shot down Iranian airliner killing 290 on board, 60 of which were children.

War time, innocents suffer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by livebyday(m): 6:57am On Jan 11, 2020
[s]
Sterope:
US has brought down an Iranian passenger plane before. Both countries have been known to also cause civilian casualties in other wars. Lets not make this an Iranian thing.

It is great that Iran took responsibility and did not attempt to cover it up. Their stupid ego has caused the lives of innocent people. If the stupid people in power cannot learn from this incident, Iranians are doomed.

[/s]

I suggest next time you don't comment on issues you don't understand properly

Just skip to the romance section

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by bolicks: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2020
Those blaming Trump for everything can now see incompetence. So sad Really

6 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Temptee101(m): 6:58am On Jan 11, 2020
shocked

176 innocent souls gone like that, this is totally absurd

Iran should really be dealt with. I'm really angry right now knowing the plane was actually shot down by them after all the continuous denial

What a useless terrorist country
What a useless leader
What a useless military defence

Smh...

RIP to those who lost their lives. This is so unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 11, 2020
gr8keeng:
that is why no one should pray for war.... there was a heightened tension in the region and the Iranians mistook the plane for an aggressor so they shot it down, now innocent lives are gone..... both sides are guilty of this.
You are obviously confused.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Mouthgag: 6:58am On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

This is like the dumbest reason ever. They mistook the plane for an aggressor's? The same plane that took off from their own very soil? What manner of foolish mistake was that one?
They couldn't even carry out a simple monitoring of their airspace and they wanted to go into war with USA?

Death on ME ME ME ME .
OKAY
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by timesup234: 6:58am On Jan 11, 2020
Mishael42019:
i doubt you’re gonna end well

Keep insulting God on this forum soon you’ll see his wrath
god has no wrath. Stop being an idiot. god dont exist and if he does then he is a bastard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by tiwiex(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2020
CutieKing:
That's the point....they have equipments they obviously lack the technical know how to operate.Their so called Russian advanced radar couldn't identify passenger plane from that of military.
God forbid war breaks out,Iran would just kill all their citizens thinking they are targeting an enemy.so sad.
More reason they have no business having a nuclear weapons.

Not so easy. The US shot down an Iranian passenger plane in 1988 and denied it for months. 274 were killed. This recent tension was started by Trump and this is one of the unintended consequences of war. Trump stepped down because he knew Iran had goofed and had something to gloat a boat. He is just a kid.

Back to identifying aircrafts. Even till now, technology is not matured enough to identify aircrafts with accuracy. This was a combination of issues heightened by the tension and time of day.

Not defending Iran and I feel sad this has happened. Considering, they didn't want to hurt anyone in the base, I don't think they wanted casualties. They probably thought it was another drone. I mean this is a tense period.

The tables have turned on them now and I trust Trump will milk the opportunity well but he created a situation for collateral damage in the first place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 11, 2020
timesup234:
god has no wrath. Stop being an idiot. god dont exist and if he does then he is a bastard
quote me again if I be a man of God let the curse of gehazi be to you since you want to test my God.

Just one more quote from you

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by layzie: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
Empiree:
Google is your friend

If u don't have a source, then take down ur claims and apologise for misleading people. U don't come here making claims and referring us to Google.

15 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Subduer: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
FrLukas:

Iran should be DEMILITARIZED IMMEDIATELY. All forms of weapons, including pistols should be removed from that country. Let them make do with bows and arrows

2 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by BoboKush(m): 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:
And this is a nation that wants to fight a world power. Smh. I'm sure it's with flat bed and arrows they'll use to assume all the threats they've been spewing. Foolish country of terrorists

This is exactly why Iran must never posses advanced military weapons. Imagine the height of irresponsibility.

You only have missiles, you've caused families to mourn. 176 people killed like rats. More bad is that over 70% of them were below 40 years old. Imagine the toll on their families.

If you only had missiles and did this, what would happen when you have nuclear weapons. These weaponry comes with discipline, intelligence and responsibility none of which Iran has. From the killing of innocent aid workers, to destabilising the gulf region, to destroying an independents country's embassy the tyranny and irresponsibility of Iran continues. What a sick shit hole country

But US killed 60 civilians and u didn't maintain same energy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Mouthgag: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
The US government already knew this because they had satellite cover over Iraq and Iran all throughout the period. They shot it down INTENTIONALLY, you have to be super naive to believe it was a mistake. They knew it was an Ukrainian airline, so the idiots thought, Oh it must he Westerners trying to flee Iran to avoid being stuck in the terrorist country before it develops to having a full blown crisis with America. These wicked terrorists were so stupid and full of wickedness they didn't even bother to check the flight manifest. They just shot it down thinking it was people from Western countries they were killing. See the picture below? Can you see the holes are pointing inside? Which proves it was an external force hit. If it was internal, the hole would be pointing outwards. That's a missile shrapnel tearing into plane during impact. That's why they rushed to the crash site to find the black box and they were hiding the black box to cover the truth. But unfortunately, America already had satellite evidence they fired the missiles that crashed the plane. And unfortunately for them 95% of the people on that plane were Iranians.
95%...

So many olodos on nairaland.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by isahsalee: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
vicdom:

You lack adequate reasoning undecided

What's this one saying?

Both parties are guilty.

US killed over 60 innocent civilians in Afghanistan 2 days ago just because they wanted to kill one Mullah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by NORSYK(m): 7:01am On Jan 11, 2020
This is an act of terrorism not an act of war. Their intention was to kill human beings on a large scale. They succeeded. They are guilty of crime against humanity. The people they killed have nothing to do with either Iran or USA conflict. Those people are innocent.

5 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by timesup234: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Mishael42019:
quote me again if I be a man of God let the curse of gehazi be to you since you want to test my God.

Just one more quote from you
You and your god are bastards. Brainwashed donkey
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by BERNIMOORE: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Staro:
I even understand that the 60 Canadian citizens who died are actually Iranians
by birth who were granted Canadian citizenship.

Meaning that nearly 150 Iranians have just been wasted due to its military's incompetence.

And this is the same country that wants a Nuclear Weapon.

plus 40 that volunteered to die just to accompany Suleimani quassem to burial it brings total of Iranians that died to like 190 how do you describe this kind of people?

10 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 11, 2020
Now how long will it take Nancy Pelosi and the democrats to believe Iran actually shot the jetliner down?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by sotall(m): 7:03am On Jan 11, 2020
OneKinGuy:

It's clearly a mistake. they had surface to air missiles which automatically shoots down any thing around its range

This defence is lame.

That aircraft took off from Iranian airport.

Where the authority not aware that their airport was active?

I have never seen a country worse than Nigeria in terms of poor leadership

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by arantess: 7:04am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

I am really shocked that this is true.

Which kain yeye mistake be that?

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

We can now see why they must not have nuclear weapons..
They will mistakenly Target Israel

6 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Subduer: 7:04am On Jan 11, 2020
Trump should DEPOSE the Mullahs now, before they cause another world war.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Empiree: 7:06am On Jan 11, 2020
layzie:

If u don't have a source, then take down ur claims and apologise for misleading people. U don't come here making claims and referring us to Google.
guy, you kidding right?. Ukraine aircraft was hit by missile 4yrssho ago and Russia was the only one cable of firing missiles. Mainstream media blamed Russia just like they are blaming Iran now.

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 11, 2020
170 people are gone because of revenge

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Subzero047: 7:07am On Jan 11, 2020
[s]
gr8keeng:
that is why no one should pray for war.... there was a heightened tension in the region and the Iranians mistook the plane for an aggressor so they shot it down, now innocent lives are gone..... both sides are guilty of this.
[/s]

Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by awoo47: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2020
Racoon:
shocked Vendetta gone wrong.Guess they have seen how revenge can be a bitter-sweet act? The suspicion have been strong that Iran shot down the Ukrainian plane but they shamelessly deny it.The USA have long collate satellite image evidence on this wicked act.Shame on iran.Bloody nation of radical terrorists.
why dem deny am
it's nt lyk dey didn't knw immediately
shameful act

3 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by maynation(f): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2020
Sterope:
US has brought down an Iranian passenger plane before. Both countries have been known to also cause civilian casualties in other wars. Lets not make this an Iranian thing.

It is great that Iran took responsibility and did not attempt to cover it up. Their stupid ego has caused the lives of innocent people. If the stupid people in power cannot learn from this incident, Iranians are doomed.

Do you people ever review your posts before clicking one the 'submit' button?
US took down an Iranian jetliner before? Does this make any sense to you?
Why didn't US take down an Egyptian jetliner with majority of the passengers being US citizens? So whilst Iran was trying to pay US back as an art of war they now shot down a plane killing a lot of their very own citizens?? You can do better.

18 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by abeeee(m): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2020
CutieKing:
That's the point....they have equipments they obviously lack the technical know how to operate.Their so called Russian advanced radar couldn't identify passenger plane from that of military.
God forbid war breaks out,Iran would just kill all their citizens thinking they are targeting an enemy.so sad.
More reason they have no business having a nuclear weapons.
They didn't talk about identification........ The plane was said to have taken a turn towards a highly protected military facility so someone erroneously did what he did........

There is no country that doesn't make mistakes .....
Go and check us war logs leaked by Julian Assange

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Russian-Major General Roman Kutuzov Killed By Ukrainian Forces. GRAPHIC PIC. / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record / 10-Foot-Long Alligator Stuns Residents In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.