Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,681 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

{CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? (1115 Views)

Nigeria’s Greatest Obstacle To Economic Development Is Bad Governance / The Curious Case Of First Bank / 'Never Be Ashamed Of Your Hustle' - Man Who Sells Yam Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

{CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2020
{CURIOUS} Side hustlers, what's the No.1 obstacle to your hustle?

You need the money but something is stopping you. What are you struggling with when it comes to having a side hustle? What will make the difference for you right now?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by popsy2(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2020
Electricity

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2020
popsy2:
Electricity
That's interesting? How many hours of electricity do you get a day?

and how long do you usually need the light for to pursue your hustle in peace?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by popsy2(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2020
Hamzashaf99:

That's interesting? How many hours of electricity do you get a day?

and how long do you usually need the light for to pursue your hustle in peace?

Haven't had power in 3 days now. I require not less than 6 hours power daily. I run gen set most times.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
popsy2:

Haven't had power in 3 days now. I require not less than 6 hours power daily. I run gen set most times.
I feel your pain. I had to get a solar energy generating set. I need my laptop powered most hours of the day.

If you can afford it, its cheaper and easier than gen.

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by popsy2(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hamzashaf99:

I feel your pain. I had to get a solar energy generating set. I need my laptop powered most hours of the day.

If you can afford it, its cheaper and easier than gen.

Thanks for that. Solar? Are they any good? A close friend bought one last year and it was less than optimum for the purpose. Getting quality product down here is sort of rocket science nowadays. Particularly so when buying a product you are not too versed about.

Mind pointing me to a good one?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Gedifok: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Laptop...no money to buy laptop
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by naijacutee(f): 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
More time! I have started outsourcing though.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:03am On Jan 12, 2020
popsy2:

Thanks for that. Solar? Are they any good? A close friend bought one last year and it was less than optimum for the purpose. Getting quality product down here is sort of rocket science nowadays. Particularly so when buying a product you are not too versed about.

Mind pointing me to a good one?

Yes. I was initially using a small one just to charge my phone before I got the laptop.

But this one can cost quite a sum, but I can guarantee you that this is one of the best investment I've made this year.

It is a product of QASA, and comes in two sizes.

I use the bigger size, and it can power my entire house and refrigerator.

What I also love is that it charges with both sunlight and electricity.

Keep in mind that that the generating set is like a battery. The more you use it to power more items, the faster it drains.

I only use mine for my most important work.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:05am On Jan 12, 2020
naijacutee:
More time! I have started outsourcing though.
Awesome.
As an entrepreneur time is never enough. You may do the task better, but it may not necessarily be the best use of the time you have available.

I'm curious, where do you get people to outsource the work to?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Gedifok:
Laptop...no money to buy laptop
Seems like a tight situation. What exactly do you need the laptop for?

Could you substitute it with a phone or tab?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by popsy2(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2020
Hamzashaf99:

Yes. I was initially using a small one just to charge my phone before I got the laptop.

But this one can cost quite a sum, but I can guarantee you that this is one of the best investment I've made this year.

It is a product of QASA, and comes in two sizes.

I use the bigger size, and it can power my entire house and refrigerator.

What I also love is that it charges with both sunlight and electricity.

Keep in mind that that the generating set is like a battery. The more you use it to power more items, the faster it drains.

I only use mine for my most important work.

That sounds great. Could you be more exact as to the cost and perhaps, the product model. I think I am hooked on this one.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by naijacutee(f): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Hamzashaf99:

Awesome.
As an entrepreneur time is never enough. You may do the task better, but it may not necessarily be the best use of the time you have available.

I'm curious, where do you get people to outsource the work to?

I found people here, and on Twitter. I currently have 2 people employed on a part-fulltime, part- contract basis. One guy creates 4 emails for me weekly for N15K each month. He is free to freelance and get other jobs. In addition I pay him for any extra writing tasks that he undertakes and it works out for both of us.

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by simple250: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
For me working with unskilled worker is the major setback ,you cannot do your job alone and this workers are not ready to work all they are after is money no zeal at all ..
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by tck2000(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
naijacutee:

I found people here, and on Twitter. I currently have 2 people employed on a part-fulltime, part- contract basis. One guy creates 4 emails for me weekly for N15K each month. He is free to freelance and get other jobs. In addition I pay him for any extra writing tasks that he undertakes and it works out for both of us.
15k per month for 16 emails?...Well,if you need another guy to help you on that,please give me a mention!
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
popsy2:

That sounds great. Could you be more exact as to the cost and perhaps, the product model. I think I am hooked on this one.

Its a Qlink/QASA product. The small one goes for 150k, the one I use is 350k. Plus installation around 380k.

I had to make some sacrifices initially to get it, but its totally worth the price

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by popsy2(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hamzashaf99:

Its a Qlink/QASA product. The small one goes for 150k, the one I use is 350k. Plus installation around 380k.

I had to make some sacrifices initially to get it, but its totally worth the price

Thanks so much. That's very helpful. I will surely look it up and probably get one soon enough.

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by naijacutee(f): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
tck2000:
15k per month for 16 emails?...Well,if you need another guy to help you on that,please give me a mention!

Have you got any experience?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
popsy2:

Thanks so much. That's very helpful. I will surely look it up and probably get one soon enough.
I'm happy to be of help. All the best

1 Like

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by tck2000(m): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
naijacutee:

On creating mail?...Yes.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by ardrockltd(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
following
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by oazeez1991(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Mine is money to rent a Shop.

No money to rent a shop having just concluded my service year late last year, then going into business with the token I could save during service, but not enough to cover for shop rent.
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by ufotty2001: 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Electricity
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by naijacutee(f): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
oazeez1991:
Mine is money to rent a Shop.

No money to rent a shop having just concluded my service year late last year, then going into business with the token I could save during service, but not enough to cover for shop rent.

You can "rent a shop" for 10% of the cost by putting your products online.

2 Likes

Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by tck2000(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
naijacutee:

Not needed again?
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by WalkerMichael(m): 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
Data! Number One. Data cost (WITH ZERO VALUE) is on the high side in this part of the world
Re: {CURIOUS} Side Hustlers, What's The No.1 Obstacle To Your Hustle? by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
simple250:
For me working with unskilled worker is the major setback ,you cannot do your job alone and this workers are not ready to work all they are after is money no zeal at all ..
Now thats a tough one. Getting people to work t the same level as you is often not easy.

Here is what I would have done, considering I meet people like that.

1. Check that you are not setting the standards too high. If you feel like working 18 hours on your biz is OK for you, most people may not be so committed to doing the same.

2. When employing, find people who are passionate about it. If they really love the work, it won't be hard to make them do it.

3. I would partner with someone who is skilled and passionate if I can. Two efficient cooks are better than 10 inexperienced ones.

(1) (Reply)

Desirable Skills To Learn And Make Money Online During This Lockdown / Make Money With Baxi Mobile App [for Free]. / Lesgupnigeria: Notice To All Nairalanders On Business Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.