Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician (867 Views)

Northern Politician In PDP States Are Only Deceiving Gej,no GEJ Poster On Displa / Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician / Open Rebuke To Northern Governors By A Northern Politician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Missy85(f): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2010
Forget northern votes – Shuluwa, PDP chieftain
From ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi
Sunday, December 05, 2010

•Shuluwa
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) elders in Benue State may have queued behind the state governor, Gabriel Suswam, to jettison zoning and endorse Goodluck Jonathan as the presidential candidate in 2011, there are some of political big wigs in the state who are not favourably disposed to that arrangement.

Also while some members of this group have chosen to either remain silent or sit on the fence, one man who had decided not to hide his feelings is Chief Abu King Shuluwa. The former Plateau State PDP Caretaker Committee Chairman who is a staunch believer in Suswam has said that even though he agrees with Suswam on every other matter, he will not and can never agree with him on this matter of zoning.

In this interview with Sunday Sun, Shuluwa who expressed joy at the emergence of Atiku Abubakar as the PDP consensus candidate from the north insisted that, “2011 is not for the south and since Jonathan is not from the north, he will never get our votes.”

Atiku versus Jonathan
Atiku has the capacity more than anybody in every way because he is a crowd puller. Is Jonathan a politician? Jonathan has never contested any election in his life. If you go through the antecedents of Atiku you would see that in 1991/92, he contested as governor of old Gongola State twice and he won but Babangida cancelled it and later disqualified Atiku and all the contestants as of that time. Atiku contested to vie for the president of the country with Abiola. He was to be given the vice president but he was denied again. In 1999, he contested for the governor of Gongola state and won and they brought him to contest as vice president and he won.

Atiku’s chances
I am 99% sure that Atiku will get the PDP presidential ticket and eventually win at the polls. You know very well that gentleman’s agreement is a gentleman’s agreement. There was a gentleman’s agreement between the north and south and we allowed Obasanjo to do eight years which he did. Umaru did four years and of course, Jonathan is a continuation of Umaru.

Is there a possibility the North will relinquish power to the south in 2015 if it gets it in 2011
[/b]Why should we be talking about 2015 now? Let’s finish what we are on now. We don’t know what will happen. There could be changes between now and 2015. Let’s not anticipate what will happen. Let us go on with what is on ground now. If he does well and we decide that he should continue what is wrong about that?

After all after Obasanjo did eight years, southerners are saying Jonathan should also continue for another four years in addition to the continuation of Umaru Yar’Adua. So, we may also ask Atiku to go ahead and do eight years. In any case, unless there is another agreement between the north and south, the first agreement was that the south should do eight years and then give it to the north for eight years. Unless we go into another agreement, if not it would be thrown to anybody[b]

Interesting. Their true plan is slowly coming out. Are these people taking Igbos for a ride again?
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by McKren(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2010
When the time comes the very PDP constitution stopping Jonathan and making his Presidential run immoral; will make Atiku going for a second term also immoral and the owners of PDP will also rise up to defend the PDP zoning formula.

So no need to be paranoid.

When we get there we will cross the bridge.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2010
McKren wrote:

When the time comes the very PDP constitution stopping Jonathan and making his Presidential run immoral; [b]will make Atiku going for a second term also immoral and the owners of PDP will also rise up to defend the PDP zoning formula.[/b]So no need to be paranoid.

When we get there we will cross the bridge.

Dude you are damn desperate to get an Igbo man in there come 2015 with the most silliest strategy ever know in the books of politics - trying to make a politician honour his words when there is no constitutional limitation on him to do so! pathethic reasoning of the highest order. Am really afraid for the Igbo nation if your type is what they are breeding to take over the political space, it simply means tthe North will always easily use your naivety in politics to hold on to power perpertually.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2010
The accepted relevance of atiku in nigerian politics glaringly shows how hopeless and immoral nigeria is as a country.atiku is a prolific rogue,looter and a fugitive,yet he is seen as the one capable of ruling nigeria where there are suppose to rational and civil citzens.What a Bleep up.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Faeb: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy:

Dude you are damn desperate to get an Igbo man in there come 2015 with the most silliest strategy ever know in the books of politics - trying to make a politician honour his words when there is no constitutional limitation on him to do so! pathethic reasoning of the highest order. Am really afraid for the Igbo nation if your type is what they are breeding to take over the political space, it simply means tthe North will always easily use your naivety in politics to hold on to power perpertually.

Is McKren Igbo? shocked
And I'd been thinking he was maybe Hausa all this time! Chei!
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by McKren(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy:

McKren wrote:

It is not down to you to lecture me on Ndigbo on politics ok? When your people were busy going about telling all who cared to know that the Northerners were you allies, where were you. I thought the South South and the North have always been allies?

what went wrong this time? oh you are no longer allies because you find it too difficult to have Jonathan shoved to one side.

Sorry it is too late. Get ready to have a taste of your own dose.

Jonathan will be shoved to one side in 2011. The PDP zoning fromula was crafted by Ekwueme and Hausas. We are going to keep honouring it. We own the party; Jonathan does not and the party will not throw away what keeps it in power because of Jonathan. Jonathan got to where he is today because of zoning. If he wants to run in 2011 elections he should start forming a new party because he will never get PDP ticket.

It is not up to you to lecture Ndigbo or the IgboNation what is good for them OK? we know how Nigerian politics works, we are big players in the game and we know what is good for us ok? Jonathan is a nobody, he should enjoy the much favour he has recieved from the party and go back home.

PDP will defend its zoning policy and we have better candidates to present.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Blazay(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2010
Is that what he stated?
Or a "Northern" politician stated that?
A second term agenda by proxy sounds good to me.
Next Atiku article please.
I can't get enough of him.

Also while some members of this group have chosen to either remain silent or sit on the fence, one man who had decided not to hide his feelings is Chief Abu King Shuluwa. The former Plateau State PDP Caretaker Committee Chairman who is a staunch believer in Suswam has said that even though he agrees with Suswam on every other matter, he will not and can never agree with him on this matter of zoning.

Don't you just love politics without bitterness?
Not a single gunshot like we have in the wild, wild west.
God bless Adedibu and co.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by redsun(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2010
Why is pdp is so sure of winning the presidential election?What makes them ideologically better than other parties in nigeria?Or is it because they have master the act of rigging elections and buying the votes gullible that guarantees them the presidency?

What does nigerians vote for?Backwardness or progress?Because if nigerians vote for progress,pdp will be one of the least political party in nigeria.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by McKren(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy

Once upon a time, Ndigbo used to be the ones who stood up against the North. You guys in the South South were celebrating your ability to undermine your neighbours and form cladenstine alliances with the Northerners.

You used to call Igbos arrogant and told us how your abilities to form partnership with the North in which most often than not you were always holding the wrong end of the bargain.

Now by a special grace of God we have a zoning policy that has made it possible for an Ijaw man to be the President of Nigeria and an Idoma man to be the Senate President and yet you want to jettission such a policy. Some of you have forgotten where you come from, you think Jonathan will be in office forever.

Without a zoning policy, Ijaw will not smell number 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 in National politics and it will take at least 100years for this country to produce an Ijaw President. So be careful what you wish for. Before you abuse Igbos and Northerners remember that democracy is a game of numbers and the last time I checked I don't know anybody who win elections by making ethnophobic and tribal slurs.

If I was an Ijaw man right now I will be advising Jonathan to honour the PDP zoning because that is the only way to guarantee that we keep having opportunities at the Fedral level because of the FG power sharing formula.

So ilunguboy go and chill, Ndigbo know what they want and if we were going to risk our political future it will not be for those who clearly once betrayed us.

If Jonathan Goodluck was Ibibio or Efik then the noise you are making will make sense. But the Ijaws have a history of betraying the Igbos and it will be politically risky for Igbos to jettissiona zoning formula in the PDP that gives all Nigerians opportunity just to favour Jonathan over the North.

That is political sucide and any igbo proposing that needs their head examining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by McKren(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2010
Besides that after election, if a post election violence occurs in any part of the country because various ethnic groups were fighting to win the elections, Igbos are usually the easy target because we have more people scattered in all parts of Nigeria.

Zoning is not perfect but it is effective to ensure peace after elections in Nigeria.

That post election peace in Nigeria can not be taken for granted and not even Jonathan Goodluck's ambition is more important than the security of this country.

Let him run, he will surely loose at the PDP Primaries.

It is that simple.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by stranger: 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2010
Blazay:

Don't you just love politics without bitterness?
[b]Not a single gunshot like we have in the wild, wild west.[/b]God bless Adedibu and co.

It only shows how passionate we are in our belief!
Got to love a man/people of passion!
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2010
McKren.

So 've got to be an SS person to support GEJ because it favours me to do so as my Brother?.

Let me bust your bubble, am not!!.

Just because the idea of Zoning will supposedly position a person from your ethnic stock for Aso Rock in 2015 is all this your love for zoning all about - simple and stop making it to look like is the next best thing after the invention of slice-bread.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by McKren(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy:

McKren.

So 've got to be an SS person to support GEJ because it favours me to do so as my Brother?.

Let me bust your bubble, am not!!.

Just because the idea of Zoning will supposedly position a person from your ethnic stock for Aso Rock in 2015 is all this your love for zoning all about - simple and stop making it to look like is the next best thing after the invention of slice-bread.

Right, what is wrong if that is the case?

That was always the idea of zoning, so that everybody know when to take their tun.

so whats wrong if I am preparing to take my turn? Or you think by making noise I will chnage my mind?

Sorry that will not happen and if anything if during the PDP primaries you make a lot of noise about these I trust all the Hausa \and Igbo delegates to protect the interest of their own tribe and then in a situation like that there can be only one outcome.

so if I were you I will not make so much noise about 2015, if anything it is giving amunition to your opponents.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2010
The reason illunguboy is against zoning is because he wants to eat his cake and have it.

After enjoying zoning from 1999 - 2007 . . . . .it will be 2048 before the Yoruba will produce the next President and he does not want to wait for his turn.

Talk about GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by excanny: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy:

McKren wrote:

Guy, why are you trying so hard to hang yourself over nothing?

What's wrong with an Igbo man wanting to get into Aso rock in 2015, if he's qualified? Does the constitution restricts him based on his ethnicity?

Quit crying over spilled milk, and be more worried about the happenings in the SW where Tinubu is about to be knocked out of the presidential race after all his labours, to be replaced by an Chris Ngige, an Igbo.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by igbobuigbo: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2010
The alternate question should be how many years will GEJ do if he gets back there in 2011? When he is done, will he hand over to an Igbo man?
Atiku has spoken (will hand over to an Igbo in 2015). He is the only one who can unspeak what he has spoken; so let us not rush to judgement with an interview granted by an obscure element of northern origin who is not even northern enough, being from Benue.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Blazay(m): 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2010
krendo:

The reason illunguboy is against zoning is because he wants to eat his cake and have it.

After enjoying zoning from 1999 - 2007 . . . . .it will be 2048 before the Yoruba will produce the next President and he does not want to wait for his turn.

Talk about GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mu he he he

I dey laugh o
Like OBJ, like[b] ilung[/b]a-long throat
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by Blazay(m): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2010
stranger:

It only shows how passionate we are in our belief!
Got to love a man/people of passion!

Sure.
Natural born killers.

Poor Bola Ige and co passionately murdered in cold blood for rituals.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by jaygetta(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
To say that, after constantly reading views by the likes of Igbobuibo,I personally feel that Nigeria has gone to the dogs is a gross understatement.Nigeria is finished! If you have just 1million people with Igbobuigbo's mindset in Nigeria, then I guarantee you: There's no doubt in my mind that the next Nigerian Civil war is bound to happen next year. What happened to:"May the best man win"? Why must the President be from a certain Region even if he's unqualified for the post?! Who goes into a Presidential election "begging" to promising to do a bad job for 4 yrs then leave the clean up to another man from another region? U guys are sick.
Re: Atiku May Do 8 Years - Northern Politician by calyx: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
The Zoning arrangement might just be the tool that Nigeria, at this nascence of its democratic experience, will deploy to avoid the maladi that is the case in Cote d'Ivoire today.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian High Commission Versus Nido-malaysia: Threat Of Mass Arrest Of Members / Is It Possible To Turn N7.5 Million Into N100 Million In 18 Months In Naija / Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.