Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President (1914 Views)

Currency Swap: Adamu Garba's Conflicting Opinion On Tinubu’s Chances / APC Primary: Tinubu's Chances At Risk Over Exclusion Of Statutory Delegates / Jide Sanwo-olu Thanks Tinubu, After Emerging As Lagos APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by thegeniusmedia: 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Theoretically speaking, the 2019 general elections averagely conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) which gave the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari a second term of another four years should not be over celebrated by Nigerians. This is because, overtly viewing, Buhari has the back-up of strong willed, popular and well respected, followed politicians who control the medulla oblongata of their supporters even at the expense of the supporters’ wills.

One of the pillars that held the president and his second term ambitions firmly is Asiwau Bola Ahmed Tinubu, national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). Prior to the elections, the Jagaban Borgu did all at his capacities to campaign vigorously for the President’s victory over his main and major opposition candidate, Alhai Atiku Abubakar.

As the man in the face of this piece, Asiwau Tinubu is being rumoured in certain segments of the Nigerian populace to be gunning and yearning for the coveted number one seat of the Akinola Aguda House in Aso Rock, Abuja. Though, Asiwaju has not formally come out to declare to Nigerians his intention to run for the country’s number one plum job, the intensity of his admirers and “haters” alike have been discussing and going about the issue have generated heated controversies and debates in the political and general space of the nation and beyond.

While many are confidently beating their chests that Asiwaju Tinubu would never think of contesting for the presidency, let alone declaring such, some Nigerians in their own best opinions believe that the 3rd democratically elected governor of the Centre of Excellence remains the best man for the job, if he decides to thrown in his cap in the presidential battle ring come 2023. This is if the presidency should be zoned to the South West. However, judging by overall public opinion and feelers being scooped from those in the know viz-a-viz close political watchers and strategists, Asiwaju Tinubu stands tall in overcoming all obstacles and rock of Gibraltar that may stand his way during the 2023 polls. Why? You may ask, one must not conclude on what perhaps may not be conclusive, people should learn to belief in the policy of “never say never” in democracy or anything they do not have personal or direct control over in life.

To be candid, democracy is strictly about the game of electoral numbers and the votes and wishes of the majority and not the minority feels must happen. That is why it is often said that, in democracy, the minority will have their say, but the majority will always have their ways, except it is not under a free or fair electoral contest. If this statement above could be put into consideration, then Tinubu have merge as Nigerian’s 16th president/commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces.

Perhaps, if it is the wish of the Nigerian masses, most especially majority of
eligible voters of the country that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is their desired candidate for the presidency, so shall it be. Delving into some of the reasons for the anti-Tinubu campaigners which could be deduced internally, some are of the view that Tinubu does not have age on his side while some attributed his possible impossibility to his massive wealth, exposure and socio-political antecedents etc. But the question that needed to be asked on this three attributes are, when has age, wealth or political exposure of a man became part of the criteria that qualifies him or her for any electoral position. We usually define democracy as the government of the people,
by the people and for the people thereby nature, status and exposure have never been included in this globally popular definition.

If leadership is about the disadvantages of age, wealth and exposure before such person could be considered for public office, then United States President Donald Trump and some very old African leaders, doing so well in their countries today, won’t ever be voted for by their people.

Be that as it may, those who do not want Tinubu to be Nigeria’s president come 2023 may also have their reasons. For instance, they perceive him as not being a perfect man and one with so many “baggages” and it is also a common belief amongst Lagosians that the ex-governor had practically bought half of the state with his stupendous wealth. This group of people also affirm that Tinubu has pitched his “boys” and “girls” in powerful offices from Aso Rock, to the National Assembly,various state government circles and States’ houses of Assembly. Thereby, using these men and women as cronies whenever they are needed. They also attested to the fact that Tinubu could conveniently get whatever he wants at the snapping of his fingers from the Presidency.

Now,with all the afore-mentioned, the Jagaban has more than enough enemies in his political career just like any other politician; but the amazing thing about him is the fact that despite all this flaws and down sides ,the gentleman is still waxing stronger.

And for all purpose and intent, i think what Nigerians in general should know is that democracy is the rule of what the majority wants and not what the minority feels about it. Let me also say at the risk of stirring the hornet nest that the moral compass and social virtues of any leading political figure are also very key , but those not necessarily the sine qua non largely required to land one as the chief executive of a country; because at the end of the day, the will of the majority of the people and other factors will come into play in determining who becomes the President of the most populous black country on earth.

Let me also quickly submit here that, though, Tinubu must have played several roles in the political past of Nigeria via his membership of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) where he fought assiduously with other democratic like-minds for the return of Nigeria to democratic rule before it’s realization in 1999, he might have very tedious underground work to do peradventure he wants to contest for the 2023 elections in Nigeria despite his rich wealth of political experience, sagacity and leadership qualities including hig level of continental exposure, optimal financial muscle (which is an added advantage for his
victory) and many more. Tinubu has severally being compared with the likes of political and democratic legends like the late age Obafemi Awolowo, Owelle Nnamdi Azikiwe, Sir Aminu Kano and the late Bashorun MKO Abiola.

Whichever way the pendulum swings, political watchers and enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting 2023 general elections and just like ex-President Obasanjo would say, I Just Dey Siddon Look. Nigerians are sitting down, looking, gazing and following developments as regards the presidential ambition of Asiwau Bola Ahmed Tinubu come.....https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2020/01/11/2023-x-raying-tinubus-chances-of-emerging-as-nigerias-next-president/

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by nairamaniac: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jagaban!!!

I only know he would improve the economy to a great extent that looting wouldn't even be noticed.

Just as he did to Lagos and set the ball rolling for fashola

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by LegendaryLover(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
i honestly don't see him taking this con3 anywhere.
we need bright INTELLECTUAL young minds there.

i mean creative problem solvers.
take the power sector for example. they've all come and gone, but the fact that i still have to run my generator several hours everyday is a cause of concern.
any leader that can solve this problem once and for all will have my support.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Osaze007: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Tinubu is really giving igbos headache and nightmare

6 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by kettykings: 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
I thought Buhari said he would hand over to youths, is Tinubu now a youth?

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by viyon02: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=nairamaniac post=85718551]Jagaban!!!

I only know he would improve the economy to a great extent that looting wouldn't even be noticed.

Just as he did to Lagos and set the ball quoterolling for fashola[/] So you know he will loot the country if he become the president and you still want him to be the president? are you are a criminal.

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Racoon(m): 11:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
If Tinubu helped to enthrone the catastrophe Nigeria have today as a ruler then imagine what hopelessness lies ahead with such a character taking the country on another gwonpy ride.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by tribalmall: 12:02am On Jan 12, 2020
Leaders like Atiku n Obi right ?!

LegendaryLover:

take the power sector for example. they've all come and gone, but the fact that i still have to run my generator several hours everyday is a cause of concern.

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by slimfit1(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2020
With the way he turned Lagos to his public property I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Natilolo(m): 12:08am On Jan 12, 2020
Only God has the final say.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by ZombieTERROR: 12:09am On Jan 12, 2020
Racoon:
If Tinubu helped to enthrone the catastrophe Nigeria have today as a ruler then imagine what hopelessness lies ahead with such a character taking the country on another gwonpy ride.

A man who has never condemned the killing of his people by the Fulani herdsmen simply because he cares more about his political future

A man who was eager to ask about cows on the scene of an attack just to absolve the herdsmen of any wrong doing.,

A man so corrupt that he used two bullion vans to distribute looted funds for vote buying...

Tinubu is the real definition of evil and greed

3 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by LegendaryLover(m): 12:17am On Jan 12, 2020
tribalmall:
Leaders like Atiku n Obi right ?!

what is this one saying?
where did u see me mention the above in my submission.

Oga take ur time oo.

I said young creative problem solvers. i didn't put any names. or are u seeing things that are not there.

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by futuregovernor: 12:18am On Jan 12, 2020
Xratin nonsense! I did not read but I just think he can't be president

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by MelloJelly: 12:57am On Jan 12, 2020
I'm yoruba and i don't like him

1 Like

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by tribalmall: 4:03am On Jan 12, 2020
Just sighting examples.

LegendaryLover:

what is this one saying?
where did u see me mention the above in my submission.

Oga take ur time oo.

I said young creative problem solvers. i didn't put any names. or are u seeing things that are not there.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Yebosola(m): 4:06am On Jan 12, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

A man who has never condemned the killing of his people by the Fulani herdsmen simply because he cares more about his political future

A man who was eager to ask about cows on the scene of an attack just to absolve the herdsmen of any wrong doing.,

A man so corrupt that he used two bullion vans to distribute looted funds for vote buying...

Tinubu is the real definition of evil and greed

Your hatred for Tinubu has be clouded your sense of judgement. On lighter mood, don't you think all your above epistles is CV of any potential Presidential candidates in Nigeria, show me any Nigerian politicians that is not corrupt, I will show u a married woman with 2 kids that is still a virgin. grin
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by jidamsel43(m): 5:11am On Jan 12, 2020
Tinubu ambition will definitely destroy APC. Though he may have his way to get the ticket but the party will collapse without any root .

The leaders in Yourubaland do not support his ambition because they don't want to crest another semigods

2 Likes

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by LabDNA: 5:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Yebosola:

Your hatred for Tinubu has be clouded your sense of judgement. On lighter mood, don't you think all your above epistles is CV of any potential Presidential candidates in Nigeria, show me any Nigerian politicians that is not corrupt, I will show u a married woman with 2 kids that is still a virgin. grin

And why should that status quo be maintained? Didn't you preach 'change,'?

If Tinubu succeeds in grabbing APC ticket which I pray for, the fraudulent 'Chanji' party will collapse and he will lose at the national level.

When Buhari was said, young people show get ready to take over as he won't be contesting, he wasn't thinking of tinubu.
As it stands, Yusuf buhari stands more chance of grabbing that ticket than Tinubu.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by helinues: 5:55am On Jan 12, 2020
After X raying, also X scan as well.

A day without Tinubu's story is an incomplete day to our brothers from the other side
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by stonemasonn: 6:29am On Jan 12, 2020
LegendaryLover:

Please tell me, among all the political juggernauts we have today, who is more of a "creative problem solver" than Tinubu?
I prefer Osinbajo though.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 12, 2020
Osaze007:
Tinubu is really giving igbos headache and nightmare

The article is to praise Tinubu.. but you see only Igbos... read bro, it does not hurt.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:
After X raying, also X scan as well.

A day without Tinubu's story is an incomplete day to our brothers from the other side

Even on an article eulogizing Tinubu and has nothing Igbo... you guys are either too lazy to read or just cant assimilate..

All you dream and think is Igbo Igbo Igbo...
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by helinues: 7:18am On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:

Even on an article eulogizing Tinubu... you guys are either too lazy to read or just cant assimilate..

All you dream and think is Igbo Igbo Igbo...

Are we not saying the same thing?
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:

Are we not saying the same thing?

What are you saying... please don't add dumb to the attributes..
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by helinues: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:

What are you saying... please don't add dumb to the attributes..

You mean you are adding dumb to the attributes?

Ayam not understanding

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:

You mean you are adding dumb to the attributes?

Ayam not understanding

grin... it is finished.. dont really expect you to understand.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by helinues: 7:35am On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:

grin... it is finished.. dont really expect you to understand.

When did it start that I wasn't aware and suddenly finished?

Are you a confusionist?

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:

When did it start that I wasn't aware and suddenly finished?

Are you a confusionist?

You not understanding "it is finished" means a lot, aswell as using the word confusionist in that statement..

It's one things to be a hater, it's another thing to hate ignorantly..
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by ZombieTERROR: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2020
Yebosola:

Atleast you know and accept that Tinubu is corrupt
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by APCNig: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2020
The Jagaban Borgu has not said anything about 2023 but those from the region of 5% inconsequential votes are already fasting and praying. Whom God hath blessed, no idiot can curse.
Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by ItooWorWor(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2020
Jagaban the nightmare of.... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: X-raying Tinubu’s Chances Of Emerging As Nigeria’s Next President by nairamaniac: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=viyon02 post=85719232][/quote]

Yes, I know he would loot. But I never said I was gonna vote him.

However being faced with 2 evils or more, the lesser evil could be helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Why Buhari Won’t Address Nigerians -by Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.d. / Apc Group Excited Over Possible Osinbajo/zulum 2023 Presidential Ticket / See The Next Plan Nigerians Got To Overthrow President Buhari From Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.