Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Breaking News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News (625 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News by bstmaketa: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2010
Nuhu Ribadu is to formally make his declaration on the 14th of this month. Follow Ribadu on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ribadu)to know more about him as well as his visions for the nation. copy the above link and paste on your web browser, click on
"like" to follow Nuhu Ribadu on facebook
Re: Breaking News by fodiyo(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2010
at the expence of being abused, i need to ask;
on moral ground, is it right for Ribadu to contest against GEJ who granted him amnesty?
now that a merger plan is on going between ACN and CPC, what is Ribadu's chances?
dont u think Ribadu should wait for the next four years from now?
just thinking.
Re: Breaking News by Gbawe: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2010
fodiyo:

at the expence of being abused, i need to ask;
on moral ground, is it right for Ribadu to contest against GEJ who granted him amnesty?

Jonathan simply did what is right. Ribadu is then not forever obligated to do what will please Jonathan . Ribadu should do what he feels is right for Nigeria even if GEJ's Ox is gored . In any case, Ribadu may feel that his obligation to Nigerians far outweight any sense of eternal gratitude to GEJ.

now that a merger plan is on going between ACN and CPC, what is Ribadu's chances?

Ribadu's chances are good . In a head to head , like that conducted to choose the PDP Northern consensus candidate , I think Ribadu has a good chance of beating others to emerge the ACN and CPC candidate if the two Parties are genuinely considering a merger . I think the emergence of Atiku should have given us all a lesson in pragmatism. Everyone focused on "popular" IBB but in the end it boiled down to who was deemed most electable or has the potential to be made most electable across the entire Nigeria.

dont u think Ribadu should wait for the next four years from now?
just thinking.

Why should he ? If he believes that he has solutions to Nigeria's problems we should all commend him for standing up to be counted . Do you think suffering Nigerians deserve to wait another 4 years while misruling usurpers despoil Nigeria further??
Re: Breaking News by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2010
I dont see ribadu defeating Gej at any level in 2011 merger+amalgamation
Re: Breaking News by Gbawe: 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2010
toba:

I dont see ribadu defeating Gej at any level in 2011 merger+amalgamation

GEJ should actually focus on defeating Atiku for the PDP Presidential ticket before anyone can start to talk of him defeating Ribadu et al in the 2011 Presidential race. Personally , I think Atiku will defeat GEJ to clinch the PDP Presidential ticket.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Founder Named Time’s Person Of 2010 / Dora Akunyili Receives Party Member Card From Apga / Will Goodluck Jonathan Win The Upcoming Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.