Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (1378 Views)

Who's Interested In Learning Python For Data Science (from Scratch) / Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
MySQL is a platform for writing query languages.

Brief introduction, Installing MySQL
and Getting Acquainted with the Interface.

The program we will be working with in this course is called MySQL
Workbench. It is the Oracle visual tool for database design, modelling,
creation, manipulation, maintenance, and administration. Professionals
refer to this type of software as “Integrated Development Environment”
or IDE. So, Workbench will be our IDE.

And, if you wonder what Oracle is,
this is the software company that owns
the MySQL version of SQL.

You could also wonder why we would need a server. Sticking to the basic
theory of operation of computer networks, MySQL Workbench acts as a
client program – a client of a MySQL Server. The server is, practically, nothing more than a machine that provides
data and services to the same or other computers.

The data could be provided locally or online. Regardless whether the
server is installed locally on your computer or is being accessed
remotely over the internet from another computer, you will need a Server
to use MySQL. In our case, we installed the server locally. Briefly, the server will perform all calculations and operations you execute in
Workbench. You will be writing queries through the Workbench interface, in the
form of raw code, which MySQL server understands and processe.
Finally, when it finalizes its calculations, it will bring the respective
results back to you in the form of an output displayed on your screen.
Watch this YouTube video on how to download and install MySQL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBcTJnIuzo
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Tutorial continue tomorrow.....I am not gonna rush anything, I will try and explain to the last letter. typing no easy.
Topic to cover tomorrow - Terminologies in MySQL.
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
.pls, pardon me for not continuing. I have been busy
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
.h
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
h
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by dauddy97(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
hj
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by NIKEDEEDS(m): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Am in
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by untoldtools: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
You got a follower bro.

Please kept at it. Thank you.
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by MyChoice1: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
dauddy97:
Tutorial continue tomorrow.....I am not gonna rush anything, I will try and explain to the last letter. typing no easy.
Topic to cover tomorrow - Terminologies in MySQL.

Great! I'm in
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by yusufobinna1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
I'm game
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by id2011(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
Okay
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by Folaoni(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
Following
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by Enzymes101(m): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
i stand gidigbam with you on this one Bro
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by IceColdVeins(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Following
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by yusufobinna1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2020
Following bro
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by Knox123(m): 8:03am On Jan 18, 2020
grin
Re: SQL -MySQL Tutorial for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence by Pato5(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2020
@OP your statement is not correct.
Microsoft owns MySQL not Oracle.
Oracle owns SQL and PL/SQL
I used the later at work.
While the both work the same way, their key words and syntax differ a bit. if you can write scripts in one, you can understand the other.

(1) (Reply)

. / Mobile App With Ionic - Cors / English Dictionary In Xml/json Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.