Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Do Not Need Your Blessing To Join APC, Akinyemi Replies Kashamu - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Do Not Need Your Blessing To Join APC, Akinyemi Replies Kashamu (224 Views)

Independence Day - A Curse Or A Blessing To Nigeria / Engr Adeola Sosanwo Celebrate With Senator Prince Buruji Kashamu, A Political Co / Group Commends Kashamu's Leadership Qualities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Do Not Need Your Blessing To Join APC, Akinyemi Replies Kashamu by Ponmile001: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
My attention has been drawn to an article with the above title which surfaced on various social media and news platforms yesterday, 11th of Jan. 2020 which was credited to one Austin Oniyokor - the Media Adviser to Ex-Senator, Buruji Kashamu. Ordinarily, the article and its contents would have been allowed to remain in the deepest pit of forgetfulness due to its lack of substance but for the calls, texts and WhatsApp messages I have received in respect of same mainly because the pallid article have my names repeatedly mentioned to gain undue attention, I wish to state unequivocally that I, Otunba Kolawole Akinyemi (Tonight) have been in the mainstream of Ogun State politics since 1977/78. As such, my names have remained a strong, popular and relevant brand in politics which does not require Senator Buruji Kashamu's name as a brand to be known in the corridors of Ogun State's politics. It may interest you : Austin Oniyokor to know that Senator Buruji Kashamu only joined Ogun State and by extension, Nigeria politics in 2010 with the introduction of his Omo- Ilu Foundation. The different years between 1977/78 to 2010 are long years of political existence and relevance for anyone to be wished away overnight.

My decision to change my political affiliation from PDP to APC is one of my fundamental human rights provided me by Section 40 of the Constitution of FRN, 1999 and as amended in 2011. Therefore I seek no or require no "permission or blessing" of and from any person to enjoy such right. My declaration for and "DEFECTION" to APC should not be of concern to anyone, or is APC not a recognised political party in Nigeria by INEC ? My declaration and defection to APC was not done in the closet and it was done in my full names without any attachment of anybody's names. Therefore, "DROPPING" of somebody's names name and/or "dropping" of Senator Buruji Kashamu's name does not exist anywhere in my journey to APC. As such, Senator Kashamu's name should not be used as an excuse of taking Ogun State's citizens for a ride for too long. The good people of our dear State are well informed and highly educated to be taken for granted for this so long.

It may be true that since March 2019, there have been no direct communication between Senator Buruji Kashamu and my very self but channels of communications between us are not completely broken down. Communication links have continued to exist between us through proxies to which Austin Oniyokor himself is one. Let your conscience bear you out if actually you have one.

The public acceptance of our association is quite a huge one in the present circumstance; that our association lasted Eleven (11) solid years unbroken in which Senator Buruji Kashamu provided leadership and direction in what is now termed "BREAD AND BUTTER POLITICS" by Austin Oniyokor through his watery article. It cannot be an offence to any sensible person, should I decide to have my politics played in a different playing ground devoid of bread and butter politics. After all, "now is the time for governance and delivery of the dividends of democracy" as stated by Senator Kashamu himself through his media Adviser in the article. Let those who have ears and eyes hear and see what kind of politics that is therein played and preached. I only hope sincerely that the dividends of democracy in Ogun State will not be allowed to continue to be at crisp and craps of some few self appointed leaders of themselves alone.

Finally, if joining APC as a political party in Ogun State and Nigeria in this 21st century is a blackmail to some group of individuals, then I have no apology but to say that let my joining APC remain a blackmail to all those who felt blackmailed for life ! Austin Oniyokor, I hope you will always remember that those who live in a glass house should not throw (play with throwing) stones. Itan tan lenu sugbon o ku sikun.

Signed :

Otunba Kolawole Akinyemi (Tonight)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Enemies Of Destiny Fulfillment: Toyin Minaibi Ogboye / Fr. Mbaka Performs Cleansing Of Imo Governor’s Office / Are You Looking For Project Free Tv Alternative Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.