Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) (2929 Views)

JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination / UTME 2019: JAMB Commences Sale Of Change Of Course Form / Chapter 1 Summary Of Sweet Sixteen For JAMB 2020 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by solaugo1: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2020
JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Application Process)

SALE OF 2020 UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION (UTME) AND DIRECT ENTRY (DE) APPLICATION DOCUMENTS IN NIGERIA AND FOREIGN CENTRES

1.0 2020 UTME/DE APPLICATION
1.1 Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria for academic session beginning in 2020

2.0 SALE/REGISTRATION PERIOD
2.1 The period of sale/registration for all candidates (UTME/DE) including those from Foreign Countries is from 13th January 2020 to 17th February 2020.

3.0 GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
3.1 The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutions and Colleges of Education are five (5) O’L Credit passes including Mathematics and English Language. Details are available in the brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centres and JAMB State-Offices. It is available for download on www.jamb.gov.ng and on Android Mobile App from the Google Play store

3.2 Direct Entry
Candidates with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
(a) A minimum of a credit pass in five(5) subjects at not more than two sittings with at
least two prescribed subjects (for each discipline) at Principal or Advanced level. No subject shall be counted twice at both Ordinary and Advanced Level
(b) Two passes (in prescribed subjects for each discipline) at the Advanced-Level
Examination of IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with SSŒ/GŒ,
NTS/NBC credits equivalents in three other subjects
(c) Passes In two major subjects In the NŒ with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents In Three other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. For Education courses, Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject
(d) Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma and the O’L requirements
NB - DE CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR JAMB REGISTRATION
NUMBERS WITH WHICH THEY GAINED ADMISSION TO NCE/NID/DIPLOMA AND
PREVIOUS DEGREE PROGRAMMES. QUALIFICATIONS AWARDED BY EXAMINATION BODIES (IJMB, CAMBRIDGE, WAEC, JUPEB, etc) APPROVED BY NIGERIA SHALL NOT REQUIRE ANY PRIOR JAMB NUMBER.

4.0 ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
4.1 Every candidate is to note that the 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institution, Polytechnic/Monotechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy or the Police Academy

5.0 STEPS FOR 2020 REGISTRATION
A. PROFILE REGISTRATION
i. One Cell (mobile) number can be used by one candidate only. The Cell phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2020 Application/Examination
ii. Candidate sends his/her name [Surname, First-Name, Middle-Name (If any)] by text
(SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names =40 characters in all to 55019 e.g Tinubu Adamu Odumegwu Sumame and first name are mandatory
iii. A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number

B. SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE/LOSS OF PROFILE CODE
i. To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, send the [CORRECT Surname Ant-Name
Middle-Name] to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number
ii. To retrieve a lost Profile Code, send [RESEND] to 55019 as text message from the same mobile number

C. JAMB ePIN SELLING POINTS
The ePIN outlets are:
i. NIPOST and eleven Participating Banks (ACCESS, ECOBANK, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, FIDELITH, JAIZ, SKYE, STERLING, UNION, UNITY and ZENITH)
ii. Four Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Tranzad (PocketMoni), TEASYPay and Packway
Projects (Readwash)
iii. Two participating Micro Finance Banks: FUD MFB (Dutse) and Regent MFB (Abuja)
Iv. Two online Payment Platforms: SystemSpecs (Remita) and InterSwitch (Quickteller)
v. POS (Citi-Serve)
vi. ATMs of banks listed in 5C(I) above (InterSwitch)
vii. USSD (NIBSS & ERCAS) for mobile banking
viii. Nigerian Embases in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London

D. DUTIES OF PARTICIPATING BANKS/OUTLETS
i. Collect the Profile Code from candidate’s phone
ii. Collect payment and vend ePIN by SMS to candidate’s phone
iii. Facilitate POS Payment, if necessary
iv. Issue Evidence of Payment
v. Collect Centre Service Fees, If requested by the CBT Centre

E. SIX DIFFERENT MODES/METHODS OF PAYMENT/PROCUREMENT OF ePIN FOR
REGISTRATION (CHOOSE SUITABLE ONE)
I. PAYMENT THROUGH BANKS INCLUDING MICRO FINANCE BANKS
(a) Present Profile Code and pay by cash or card
(b) ePIN is then delivered to the candidates unique telephone number

II. PAYMENT THROUGH POS
This is available at State Offices of JAMB + CBT Center, other POS outlets and any CBT
Centre that demands it
(a) Present Profile Code and pay by card

III. PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS
This is available at CBT Centres and Other Outlets
(a) Present Profile Code and pay by cash

iv. PAYMENT USING ATM
This Is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks listed in 5C(I) (InterSwitch
Channel)
(a) Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB
(b) Enter Profile Code and pay
(c) ePIN is then delivered to the candidates unique telephone number

v. ONLINE PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL.
(a) Visit JAMB website: www.jambgov.ng
(b) Click Purchase of 2018 Application Document
(c) Enter your Profile Code
(d) Select payment method (InterSwitch or Remita)
(e) Make payment
(f) ePIN is then delivered to the candidates unique telephone number

vi. PAYMENTS USING USSD (NIBSS/ERCAS)
(a) Dial *565*6*55019#
(b) Enter Profile Code
(C) Select bank and allow the prompts to complete payment
(d) ePIN is then delivered to the candidates unique telephone number
vii. Procedure for the eight foreign centres only is as follows:
(a) Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries
(b) Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight
designated centres as indicated on the website

F. HOW TO RECOVER LOST ePIN AFTER PAYMENT
i. If ePIN is not Received or Last, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 for UTME or DE
respectively from the unique number
ii. The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidates unique number
AFTER SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT AND OBTAINING ePIN, CANDIDATE SHOULD PROCEED
TO ANY OF THE JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES TO COMPLETE HIS/HER
REGISTRATION

G. REGISTRATION CENTRES
i. In line with the Boards regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB Offices will be allowed to register candidates
ii. Each candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of accredited centres is on our website CLICK HERE for FULL List of Accredited CBT Centers State-By-State, with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment

H. REGISTRATION PROCESS AT CBT CENTRES:
The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for completion of
registration. The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the profile comes up automatically on the Input of the e-PIN by the CBT centre
Candidates are to:
i. Pay NOT mare than N700 as Service Charge to the C& Centre
ii. Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, among others
iii. Provide choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines)
iv. Provide qualification with grades and dates, if not awating result
v. Upload relevant certificates, if not awaiting result
vi. O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on the portal of JAMB
vii. Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certificates for DE only
viii. Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
(a) Mock examination (optional)
(b) Examination for UTME (actual examination)
ix. Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
x. Do Biometric enrollment (ten fingers)
xi. Review entries and confirm correctness
xii. Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
xiii. Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
xiv. Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of
registration
xv. There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been
empowered for real time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre
other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Offices. Any candidate who is
registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified.

6.0 DATES AND VENUE FOR UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION
6.1 The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) will conduct its 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) between March 14 and April 4.
6.2 The venue of the examination will be at any centre in the candidates chosen examination town(s)
JAMB DOES NOT POST ANY CANDIDATE TO ANY EXAMINATION TOWN (OR GROUP OF TOWNS) OTHER THAN THE ONE CHOSEN BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE POINT OF
REGISTRATION. CANDIDATES ARE, HOWEVER, ADVISED TO REGISTER ON TIME
BEFORE THE AVAILABLE SPACES IN THEIR TOWN OF CHOICE OR GROUP OF TOWNS
ARE EXHAUSTED AND THEREFORE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

7.0 REGISTRATION FEE/PROCUREMENT OF REGISTRATION ePINs
7.1 Registration Fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred (N3, 500) Naira Only. Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira Only is paid to obtain the reading text INDEPENDENCE for UTME Candidates and The Last Days at Forcados High School for DE Candidates and $20 for Candidates from the eight foreign centres
7.2 A CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrodiure and other vital matenals is also given free
7.3 Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable
7.4 Candidates are advised to keep as private and confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs

8.0 OPTIONAL MOCK-EXAMINATION
8.1. As was done last year, the Board will also conduct a mock examination In all the accredited cbt centres to prepare and familiarise INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment.
8.2. The mock examination date is February 18, 2020
8.3 The CBT Centres are allowed to collect, through their bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (N700) only for this exercise from only interested candidate after notification of centre has been received by the candidate. The payment for mock examination by the candidate shall be made to the centre to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination. No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB. DO NOT PAY FOR MOCK UNTIL JAMB ASSIGNS YOU TO A CBT CENTRE. NO ONE SHOULD PATRONISE FRAUDSTERS, MANY OF WHOM ARE NOW IN CUSTODY FOR DEFRAUDING PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES. ONLY JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES CAN DO VALID REGISTRATION AND SERVE AS EXAMINATION CENTRES

9.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
9.1 All candidates must mandatonly register their profiles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN.
9.2 The registration fee is non-refundable.
9.3 As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (#700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (#700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
9.4 All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These financial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all fees.

Read More @ https://utme.assure.ng/jamb-commences-sales-of-2020-utme-and-de-application-step-by-step-application-processes/

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Awkuzuboi(m): 11:47am On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks a bunch very comprehensive post. Lemme start working on mine.
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Chibossboi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Pls
Do jamb accept awaiting result for a DE applicant?
My ND results are not out.
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by climaxtutor: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
Success is sure! CLIMAX TUTOR ACADEMY the sure way

1 Share

Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
pls, wen will jamb registration close?
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by lilachiever(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
ObiaboAdoka:
pls, wen will jamb registration close?

Read the write up and don't be lazy.
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by izzyvol(m): 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Chibossboi:
Pls
Do jamb accept awaiting result for a DE applicant?
My ND results are not out.
Which polytechnic
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by SamgoldBaba: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Which course can be studied without Physics in O level result?
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Gurugabby: 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
I WANT 2 DO DIRECT ENTRY TO OAU CAN I USE ANOTHER O LEVEL RESULT APART FROM THE ONE I USED FOR REGISTRATION OF MY OND FOR MY DIRECT ENTRY FORM
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by yetunsbay(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
SamgoldBaba:
Which course can be studied without Physics in O level result?
No way
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by ajilegend(m): 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please how can a DE candidate get his previous JAMB registration number of previous institutional certificate?
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by SamgoldBaba: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
yetunsbay:
No way
Ok, Including social science courses?
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Chibossboi(m): 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
izzyvol:

Which polytechnic
Fed poly bida
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Omololaeni(f): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
All the best to the applicants

1 Like

Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by klever18(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Chibossboi:
Fed poly bida
hahaha bida students don suffer
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by simiife: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nawa oo,to upload result is war again,i don dey CBT centre since 7am,i neva still thumbprint.
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Omololaeni:
All the best to the applicants
and you too.
You too want follow write jamb no dey form, include yourself in the good wish too wink
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Chibossboi(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
klever18:
hahaha bida students don suffer
No b small ooh
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Omololaeni(f): 12:13am On Jan 15, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
and you too.
You too want follow write jamb no dey form, include yourself in the good wish too wink

Lolz the last born in our house sef is a graduate not to talk of me. Jamb ke, God cleared that path for me so many years ago.
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by Ebenezar2020(m): 12:29am On Jan 15, 2020
Omololaeni:

Lolz the last born in our house sef is a graduate not to talk of me. Jamb ke, God cleared that path for me so many years ago.
your own better
Re: JAMB Commences Sales of 2020 UTME and DE Application (Step-By-Step Procedure) by laosy(m): 2:07am On Jan 15, 2020
Time for jambites to get back to study, wish you luck in your forth coming exam.

Meanwhile, jamb pin for sale, contact 09090630256 on WhatsApp

(1) (Reply)

Free Report- How To Read And Pass Any Exam / See Crazy Way Student Celebrated Their Rag Day / Latest Update On ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.