Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 (37031 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by seunmohmoh(f): 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
I scored 237 and I'm still here praying for admission.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by TruthinAction: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
But many northern students in my days were offered admission without their complete weac results but on the ground that they present such results before they graduate. I don't know if they still do it.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by TruthinAction: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/372296-another-nigerian-student-denied-university-admission-after-scoring-300-in-utme.html

If she is brilliant enough, let her enrol A level GCE. If she makes it, she will seek for direct entry into 200 level next academic session. No year lost.

I had tried that in my days but just had a big setback. I was seriously sick two months to the exam but I still got C in physics. If not for the sickness, I am sure I should have made at least B, C D for those who understand the A level grading system. Mind you, all the study was within one year of preparation as against the two years usually used for A level exam. The exam seems to have fizzled out but I think students should try it. If you fail JAMB or didn't meet up, go for A level. Even if you didn't pass the A level, you are in a better position to score higher in JAMB in your next attempt.

Again, why always a she? Are they trying to demand sex for admission?
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by mindtricks: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
My dear Nigeria, giant shame capital of Africa, anything is possible.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by igwedehxy: 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
What of a school that sold post UTME form for direct entry candidates only to tell them after the exam that there is no space. See ehn this country is a big joke.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by igwedehxy: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
abdullkabar:
That's how I was denied admission that year, scoring 295 in jamb and 233 in post utme

Which school ?
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by Toneyo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Who else noticed that girls are showing more signs of academic brilliance than guys? Any reason for this? undecided

Betting. That has eaten up their brains.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by micflo28(m): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
optimus106:

Guy get sense o

na 2020 be dis.
Mugu
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by adeniyi65(m): 11:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Everyone just do as they like, why permit awaiting results if you won't wait for them?
That's where the problem come from.why are you permitting awaiting result when you can't wait for the result of the last ssce exam.i just wonder.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by wisdomdc: 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
When you tell students to write ssce before they leave secondary school, they will think you are joking, my dear go and start lecture and be planning for two things while making necessary connections there. Thank me later
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
emperor863:
Reading through the story and as a Stakeholder in the education sector of the country, I am of the opinion that Unilorin should be blamed. The reason for this is the somewhat abnormal way of doing things in that school.

What they aim to achieve is actually lost on me. Why should a Government University conclude admission processes before the release of NECO results for instance? Why are they always in a hurry to start and end an academic year. Does that make them better than universities that always consider our children that write NECO? As far as I am concerned, this is not the case.

A time would come when an articulate and liberal minister of education would be appointed. Then we would push for the review of the current primitive activities of the university.

Just imagine.

but the lady results wasn't ready yet na who is to blame... she is young 17 what's d depression her dad is talking of some of us finish school with good grades no good jobs we didn't commit suicide na... let her try this time she ll get it...
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by abdullkabar(m): 1:22am On Jan 14, 2020
igwedehxy:

Which school ?
OAU
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by ddeola: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2020
Yeye WAEC . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by 9gerian: 10:01am On Jan 14, 2020
But it would have been uploaded if the waec system didn’t delay the release.

Suppose the girl is the president’s daughter, would her case not have been considered on its merit, especially since she did well in the post utme exam?

This kind of cases can derail the progress of the growing youths! Hard-work should be rewarded not frustrated! angry

TRIUMPHANT01:
Before anyone make any bad assertation about the educational system(even though we all know it is not something to write home about), please read the whole story again and again. Apparently, it wasn't the system that was at fault but him( his daughter), they weren't able to upload the REQUIRED subject(mathematics) before the portal was closed.

Sorry to say, our educational system is not a respecter of intelligence or scores, it is made for those with adequate information.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by Joanzuby: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2020
Then what is the essence of writing jamb
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by dietola01(m): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2020
micflo28:
Just like a first class is working for NPOWER and a 3rd class is working for NNPC. Nigeria should be used to test nuclear weapons
lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by Aliyullahi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Same thing happened to me as well. Though. In my WAEC, I had a pass in Maths and I wanted to study Accounting. I was given en Admission but my course was changed due to my pass in Maths. The GCE I did was useless until we were to do 300 level clearance.
It's not really the School's fault here, Its like using Petrol to rub body when their intention was to burn the individual alive. She should try again next year. She has age on her side nah.
UNILORIN doesn't accept awaiting result but they sometime give them a chance too.
With this publicity, She might have put other Candidates that might want to use awaiting result at a near jeopardy in the nearest future. The School might ban the use of awaiting result entirely in the coming admissions.
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by VanGap: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
More Pictures below.

Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by Kayprincefav: 12:33am On Mar 24, 2021
UNILORIN Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session

The University of Ilorin, UNILORIN Admission List for the 2020/2021 academic session has been release by the school management. All candidates that applied for the University of Ilorin post UTME screening exercise are hereby informed that can now check their admission status online.

How to Check UNILORIN Admission List

Presently, prospective candidates of the university can only check their admission status on the JAMB admission status checking portal. The procedures for checking are given below:

i. Visit the JAMB admission portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/.
ii. Login to your Jamb profile using your username and password.
iii. Scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
iv. Select your Exam year and enter your registration number in the column required.
v. Lastly, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your UNILORIN admission status.

Read more here [https://www.latestadmissionnews.com.ng/unilorin-admission-list-for-2020-2021-academic-session/]
Re: Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 by mdsne(m): 1:40am On Dec 04, 2021
sunshineV:
To enter unilorin no hard. Just find any immam that's popular and find a lecturer that run admission process 50k now and 50k after the admission. I swear u will receive admission

NOTE: the immam Must have plenty beards oooo so they will respect him
damn nigga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2017: Oloyede Made Everyone Look Brilliant / Governor In Kenya Donates Oversized Shoes To Primary School Pupils (Photos) / Evans, JAMB Snake & Jacob Zuma Featured In UNILORIN's Criminology Exam Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.