Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay (1076 Views)

Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman / Bayelsa: Lawyers differ on Supreme Court’s ouster of David Lyon / Umahi: "South East security Outfit Coming" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Anambralstson: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2020
The Anambra and Enugu state governments on Sunday differed on the possibility of establishing a South-East security outfit similar to the South-West’s Operation Amotekun.

The Anambra State Government said he was satisfied with the security measures it had taken and as such, it was not contemplating a zonal security arrangement.

But the Enugu State Government said it would implement any arrangement for the security of the South-East.

The two South-East states stated this on Sunday as there were indications that the South-South was awaiting the result of Operation Amotekun launched by the South-West.
The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, had on Friday applauded the South-West security outfit, which was launched on Thursday to check killings and kidnapping in the zone.

You don’t change a winning formula – Anambra commissioner
Asked if it would agree to a similar security outfit in the South-East, the Anambra State Government described the security system in his state as one of the best in the country.
The state Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba, in an interview with one of our correspondents, said, There is no need changing a winning formula. We are not contemplating any change with what we have.
“What we have is very effective. We advise other states about our security system. Even those in South-West should learn from us.
We are willing to share the secret of our success on security with anybody. Operation Nkpochapu is only one aspect of our security system. We are looking at the security architecture holistically.
“Planning is key in security. Here you talk about the causes of violent crimes; how do you stop them? We reward those who give intelligence. We work with the police. We pay them reasonable allowances. We provide them equipment. We use technology to fight crimes.”

S’East govs have established forest guards – Enugu gov
But the Enugu State Government said it would abide by any arrangement for the security of the South-East.
The state Commissioner for Information, Mr Chidi Aroh, disclosed this while responding to an enquiry by The PUNCH.
Aroh said, “The South-East governors established forest guards, but whatever is for the region, questions should go to South-East Governors’ Forum and whatever they decide, Enugu State will implement it.”
The South-East Governors had on July 28, 2019 after its meeting in Enugu announced it would establish forest guards in the five states of the zone.
The Chairman of the forum and Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, who read the resolution of the governors, said that zone would set up both a committee and a centre for South-East Integrated Security Monitoring and Intelligence gathering in Enugu to oversee the outfit.
https://punchng.com/amotekun-anambra-enugu-differ-on-south-east-security-outfit-ssouth-delays-project/
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kozmokaz(m): 11:33am On Jan 13, 2020
I think anambra is one of the most secured states i the country

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by jimyjames(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2020
South East is ahead of south west in anything security

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kayfra: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2020
This is exactly how Biafra will not load.

Zero consensus
Zero Administrative skills
Zero cohesion
Zero shared goals

Everybody feels superior. They call it republicanism, but it just makes the people weaker.

It's what you get with different clans of various origins practicing a caste system (Osu). The only unity is in wailing

Igbos must unite grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by valarmorghulis: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2020
jimyjames:
South East is ahead of south west in anything security
lipsrsealed

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by mekussa(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2020
kozmokaz:
I think anambra is one of the most secured states i the country

You say what?... Ask anyone from the farming communities in Ayamelum and neighbouring farming areas of Anambra north if they could comfortably go to their farms to bring in their harvests this year... Answer is no.. Why? Fulani's.
Since the government started paying herdsmen compensation, they grew bolder. I admit... Most parts are safe but.. The OMAMBALLA region is not.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Zero consensus
Zero cohesion
Zero shared goals

Everybody feels superior. They call it republicanism, but it just makes the people weaker.

It's what you get with different clans of various origins practicing a caste system (Osu). The only unity is in wailing

Igbos must unite grin

Sorry for your reasoning. No nation agrees on any resolution 100%, people are bound to disagree it doesn't make it bad or good.

Regarding Osu, Osu means Out-cast, it's not an Igbo word, it's English word, meaning various society can out cast an individual depending on certain reasons.

Abobaku which is the killing of the innocent in your land, decent and awesome, people like you have poor morals.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kayfra: 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

Sorry for your reasoning. No nation agrees on any resolution 100%, people are bound to disagree it doesn't make it bad or good.

Regarding Osu, Osu means Out-cast, it's not an Igbo word, it's English word, meaning various society can out cast an individual depending on certain reasons.

Abobaku which is the killing of the innocent in your land, decent and awesome, people like you have poor morals.

The dirty linens (differences) are not aired in public. It's a clear sign of battle of supremacy which is the albatross of Igbo leadership.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
Obiano should not try any form of amotekun or amutaoku in anambra state.

Other SE states who wants to, should go ahead but anambra state government position is clear.....They are not interested.

Measures the state government has taken so far is welcome and has to be stamped further upon.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Zero consensus
Zero cohesion
Zero shared goals

Igbos must unite grin

Everybody must not practice amutekun. That's outright rubbish and trash.

As if it is not same yoruba people they will be intimidating and man handling.

Touch any herdsmen and seen FG naked amotekun in day light.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
mekussa:

You say what?... Ask anyone from the farming communities in Ayamelum and neighbouring farming areas of Anambra north if they could comfortably go to their farms to bring in their harvests this year... Answer is no.. Why? Fulani's.
Since the government started paying herdsmen compensation, they grew bolder. I admit... Most parts are safe but.. The OMAMBALLA region is not.

The issue has been addressed because no one has heard of any escalation.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kayfra: 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Everybody must not practice amutekun. That's outright rubbish and trash.

As if it is not same yoruba people they will be intimidating and man handling.

Touch any herdsmen and seen FG naked amotekun in day light.

You don't have to practice Amotekun. Nobody asked you to.

Do something regionally and harness collective strength is all we are asking you to do.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

The dirty linens (differences) are not aired in public. It's a clear sign of battle of supremacy which is the albatross of Igbo leadership.

I'm sorry. We're Republican in nature. We don't empower individuals over institutions, there's no one politician of South East extract bigger than the East. Same with the USA political structure, you're free to have lords commanding you. What's battle of supremacy? All five Governors accepting same methodology, please kindly Google "Nigeria Crime rate according to states", you may have to understand why anyone of them may not subscribe to regional security.

East is very peaceful, in fact UN voted the most peaceful place in Nigeria. Outside the Army invading homes in the name of IPOB, can you state any security issues in recent times in the East.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

Even Ritual killings in Osun can't be controlled again but still they are poor.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Anambralstson: 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Zero consensus
Zero cohesion
Zero shared goals

Igbos must unite grin
You are so United and you lost Kwara to Fulani people I will take Amotekun what ever they call them serious, the day they will free your people from Fulani, scrap out emirate in Kwara, till then I see them as toothless OPC

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kayfra: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

I'm sorry. We're Republican in nature. We don't empower individuals over institutions, there's no one politician of South East extract bigger than the East. Same with the USA political structure, you're free to have lords commanding you. What's battle of supremacy? All five Governors accepting same methodology, please kindly Google "Nigeria Crime rate according to states", you may have to understand why anyone of them may not subscribe to regional security.

East is very peaceful, in fact UN voted the most peaceful place in Nigeria. Outside the Army invading homes in the name of IPOB, can you state any security issues in recent times in the East.

Where's the UN article if you don't mind sharing?

You've already empowered your governors and representatives (both Federal and State) and all they have to do is come up with a decision that is mutually beneficial. Not just arguing for arguing sake

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

You don't have to practice Amotekun. Nobody asked you to.

Do something regionally and harness collective strength is all we are asking you to do.

If regionality means any form of amotekun hold it and don't give us.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Where's the UN article if you don't mind sharing?

You've already empowered your governors and representatives (both Federal and State) and all they have to do is come up with a decision that is mutually beneficial. Not just arguing for arguing sake

This is the url, thanks.

https://punchng.com/seast-safest-place-live-says-un/
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by kayfra: 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

This is the url, thanks.

Thanks for sharing. It's a bit dated though (2016) and doesn't justify not having regional security in addition to the police force. Just my opinion
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by mekussa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

The issue has been addressed because no one has heard of any escalation.

I tell you it has not.... This scenario I painted here is my eye witness account from my trip to the village last month. It hasnt gotten to killings yet. They are at the level of eating your unharvested rice, cowpea and yams.That you haven't heard doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Thanks for sharing. It's a bit dated though (2016) and doesn't justify not having regional security in addition to the police force. Just my opinion

Sure! I wish to share the latest crime update with you, but then... Since 2016, you hardly see the statistics in public domain.

But then, going through the previous years, hardly see Eastern states in top 10.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
mekussa:

I tell you it has not.... This scenario I painted here is my eye witness account from my trip to the village last month. It hasnt gotten to killings yet. They are at the level of eating your unharvested rice, cowpea and yams.That you haven't heard doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Which place?

At level of?

Draw attention and the situation will be solved unless someone benefits from it.

Sounds unbelievable because if there is/are we would have known.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MXrap: 2:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Very thoughtful of Anambra- light of the nation
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

This is the url, thanks.
Stop wasting your time educating him.
lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
kayfra:

Zero consensus
Zero cohesion
Zero shared goals

Igbos must unite grin
[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop wasting your time educating him.

lalasticlala Mynd44

Hahahahah... Sometimes, you need to change the wrong inherent narrative with facts.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
MasterKernel:

Hahahahah... Sometimes, you need to change the wrong inherent narrative with facts.

Doesn't worth it.

That's just the fact.
Re: Amotekun: Anambra, Enugu Differ On South-east Security Outfit, South-south Delay by MasterKernel: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Doesn't worth it.

That's just the fact.

Brother, I've seen many turn to a new leave when faced with facts and figures. Sometimes, we change our stance based on information available to us.

Example, My cousin once told me that we Igbos aren't united, giving me a case study of Igbos not voting Ojukwu during his Presidential election, but guess what?... I didn't know what to reply him.
But after many years, I got the reply, which is, the people felt it wasn't what he preached earlier, and that regional vote can't make him President, so they opted for variable and alternative option.

(1) (Reply)

IMO Gubernatorial Judgment-a Painful But Legally Correct Verdict / BIAFRA: Ahead Of Parents Burial, Nnamdi Kanu Sets Date To Address Biafrans / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.