Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,957 members, 7,852,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract (890 Views)

Kazuyoshi Miura Playing Actively At 53! World's Oldest Professional Footballer / World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contact At 52 / Egypt Goalkeeper Essam Al-hadary To Become The Oldest Footballer In World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by NwekeUG(m): 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
IgbereTV reports that a Japanese striker, Kazuyoshi Miura, nicknamed “King Kazu,” has signed a new 12-month contract with first division club Yokohama FC to take him into a 35th season of professional football.

Miura, who turns 53 in February, played just three times last season as Yokohama earned promotion from Japan’s second tier.”I was able to renew my contract with Yokohama FC,” Miura said in a statement made available to IgbereTV.

His words: ”I will make daily efforts to achieve the goal of staying in the division but won’t forget the feelings of gratitude and to enjoy football. I will do my best to be able to contribute to the team’s wins.”

He holds the Guinness World Record for the oldest professional player to score a competitive league goal, and in March 2017 he became the oldest player to appear in a professional match, surpassing Englishman Stanley Matthews’ old record.

Miura started his professional career at Brazilian club Santos in 1986 and went on to play in Italy, Croatia and Australia.He appeared for the Japanese national team on 89 occasions between 1990 and 2000, scoring 55 goals.

http://igberetvnews.com/1243451/worlds-oldest-footballer-signs-new-contract/

Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by NwekeUG(m): 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by Ogegeodey(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Him want die for field?
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Him want die for field?

grin
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by Bantino(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Good for him
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by Righteousness89(m): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
Serious Grace @ Work!!
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by internationalman(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
One of the benefits of using real age..

Most Nigeria players don't play more than 35 years..

Simply because by the time they are 35 in football their real life age is already 45.
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by klever18(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
wtf?am proud to be a Japanese
Re: World's Oldest Footballer Signs New Contract by Bruno3000(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin The Methuselah of world football. Age is just a number sha.

(1) (Reply)

Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 Live / Drama As Manchester United Scores After Full Time. / Amazing! 74-year-old Egyptian Grandpa Becomes World’s Oldest Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.