Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,225 members, 7,953,859 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% (376 Views)

Buhari Signs 2019 Finance Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes / Buhari Signs Law Stopping VPs Who Complete President’s Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% by AkuYAY: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
YBTC News-The increase of Value Added Tax (VAT) rate form 5 Per cent to 7.5 Per cent has taken effect following the signing into law the Finance Bill, 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday

The 2020 Appropriation Act is based on the 7.5 Per cent VAT rate.

President Buhari made this known via his Twitter handle saying “I am pleased to announce that this morning I signed into Law the Finance Bill, 2019.

“This is the first time, since the return of democracy in 1999, that a Federal Budget is being accompanied by passage of a Finance Bill specially designed to support its implementation, and to create a truly enabling environment for business and investment by the private sector.

“I thank the leadership and members of the Ninth National Ass.......

Read more here:https://ybtcnews.com/2020/01/13/buhari-signs-financial-bill-into-law-vat-now-7-5/

Re: Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% by thesicilian: 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Don't care really. We lived fine when petrol pump price was N5, we're still doing well now that it's N145.
Re: Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% by kunleweb: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
We've seen more pro-government policies in this administration momuch more than the predecessor's but I somehow wonder why those who almost crucicified the previous for one tenth of this are. Mute. These VAT increase with the closed borders alone would have been a weapon in the hands of those activists. Wonder what happened to all of them tongue
Re: Buhari Signs Financial Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2020

(1)

Enugu Wheelbarrow Empowerment: Youth Group Reacts / Supreme Court Orders Immediate Swearing-in Of Uzodinma As Imo Governor / GIAS 2020: UAE, Others To Invest In Akwaibom Aviation Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.