Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Arms Importation: Un Takes Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Importation: Un Takes Action (772 Views)

Buhari Takes Action; Withdraws 2016 Budget To Change Figures (just See) / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Ogun State Takes Action On The Killings By Fulanis @ Isheri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2010
ARMS IMPORTATION: UN takes action

THE United Nations, UN, is sending a six-man team to Nigeria to inspect the arms shipped in 13 containers from Iran and intercepted last month in Apapa port, Lagos . This followed a formal complaint lodged before the United Nations by the Federal Government. A source, who pleaded anonymity said, yesterday, that the UN team would also meet with top government officials to deliberate on the issue. It will be recalled that four persons, including one Iranian, were arrested and charged to court over the seized weapons. The United Nation's Security Council .The weapons include assorted calibers of mortars and 107 mm rockets, designed to attack static targets and used by armies to support infantry units. They also include shells for a 23 mm anti-aircraft guns. In the heat of the row between Nigeria and Iran over the arms shipment, Iran had replaced her ambassador to Nigeria , Hussein Abdullahi, who said there was no clear evidence linking his country to the shipment. Artillery rockets Nigeria said the artillery rockets and other weapons, found at a Lagos port in October in shipping containers labelled as building supplies, originated from Iran and might have been destined for Nigerian politicians intending violence if they lose in 2011 elections. Nigeria also said it would take action against Iran if investigations showed it violated international law and U.N. sanctions. An international shipping company based in France, CMA CGM, said it had picked up the containers in which the weapons were hidden in the southern Iranian port of Bandar Abbas . The shipment stopped in Mumbai , India , before heading to Lagos . It was gathered that the shipper sought to have the containers reloaded and sent to Gambia , while Nigeria ’s intelligence agency said it had been monitoring the shipment, before it arrived in the country. It also said the shipment’s destination was Nigeria , and “any argument that the cargo came into the country by mistake is false.”

Vanguard Newspapers
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by 9dynasty(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2010
Iran is a rogue nation that needs to be wiped out (it's entire government and ayatollahs) they seek to arm fanatics in nigeria like they armed hezbollah in lebanon, and they do think they're even up 1/100 of the u.s or isreal. so much for diplomacy
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2010
You must be very s.t.u.p.i.d for calling Iran a rogue nation after you have obviously failed to read beyond the lines. Anyway, information is light, better seek credible information next time and try to force that your thick dumb skull to comprehend (doubt it would anyway) before running to post senselessly.

Stop believing everything you read from the tabloid slow poke
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by 9dynasty(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2010
@tolu001  i think your transparent skull lets out any sense you were born with, what do you call a country that openly declares all non muslims enemies and death to who ever is not with them. do you know how the "enemies" in the country face persecution daily.their ROGUE stations and nuclear abition, china wannnabe. i believe you're one of those that wish the arms made it to your fanatic BROTHERS S.T.U.P.I.D
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
I cant blame the f.o.o.l in you, you have been totally brainwashed by ur puppet masters in the west. You absorb everything you have been fed with hook line and sinker cos u are too daft to reason. Anyway, I dont engage m.a.d dogs like you. Go get ur antidote before your puppet masters induce you to start blee.pping your parents cos it's "civilized".
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by violent(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2010
tolu001:

I cant blame the f.o.o.l in you, you have been totally brainwashed by your puppet masters in the west. You absorb everything you have been fed with hook line and sinker cos u are too daft to reason. Anyway, I dont engage m.a.d dogs like you. Go get your antidote before your puppet masters induce you to start blee.pping your parents cos it's "civilized".

ah! puppet masters in the west you say? how about the videos of public executions of non muslims? . . .and the consistent abuse of fundamental human rights in the name of religion?. . . . .I bet all those were carefully orchestrated by the western puppet masters as well
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2010
@violent What about the video of the ridiculous execution of civilians mostly women and children in Iraq by the american soldiers? Tell me what you call that; War against Terrorism or terrorism itself? You must be kidding me
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by violent(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^^

I had no idea when this thread turned into US-Iraqi war!

We are talking about people that are killed by governments of countries in the name of religion and you are justifying that with a civil causalities in Iraqi war?

We are talking about a state sponsored terrorism with groups such as  Hezbollah being actively promoted by the state and with a view to establish strong links in African countries and you justify this with civil causalities in a war?

How about non Americans that were beheaded in the full glare of a cheering public all to please a blood thirsty god somewhere?
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by TheClown: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Tolu

Your types are a curse to this nation, and that is the problem with fundamentalism.

A nation infringed on the security of your country and all you type for us to read here is that the west orchestrated it! You are a fool and it takes God's devine intervention for your types to realise that.

You are a very unpatriotic Idiot, I'm sure you wish you were an Arab!
Your loyalty lies with them, Chicken brain.

M U M U
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ The Clown

You must be M.A.D, so for pointing injustice perpetrated by a nation falsefully proclaiming to the world that they fight terrorism when in the actual sense they are the real terrorist invading another man's land purely for their selfish economic and political reasons.

Surely, i can see it's you and the whole of your family in its entirety that is C.U.R.S.E.D. No wonder this country is so backward, it's the likes of you chicken brain that keeps licking the boots of your white masters that is pulling this nation down cos you cant think for urself except the garbage they feed you with.

Look slow poke, this is no issue of fundamentalism or religion, it's purely the world polity we are talking about here, how the bigger cock shouts down the smaller ones and turn back to cry foul tagging the later "the oppressor" while it's indeed obvious even to the blind who the oppressor really is except for some mentally blind people like you who will NEVER REASON cos they cannot.

YOU ARE INDEED A CLOWN
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
@violent Nobody is justifying anything here, what i'm simply telling you is that between two evils, there is indeed a lesser one. How many cases of iranian invasion of other countries have you heard except the make-believe you are being fed with which of course mostly are very untrue, unlike the incessant US invasion of weaker countries especially when they have oil and the government in power not their puppets like ours in nigeria or when they have other political agenda pursue there and their government is not just giving in cheaply. They invade, waste a lots of lives of innocent civilians and come up with one propaganda or the other just to have the cheap sympathy of weaklings like you to support their terror course.Anyway, there is a lot u need to learn about the world politics
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by violent(m): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2010
tolu001:

@violent   Nobody is justifying anything here, what i'm simply telling you is that between two evils, there is indeed a lesser one. How many cases of iranian invasion of  other countries have you heard except the make-believe you are being fed with which of course mostly are very untrue, unlike  the incessant US invasion of weaker countries especially when they have oil and the government in power not their puppets like ours in nigeria or when they have other political agenda pursue there and their government is not just giving in cheaply.  They invade, waste a lots of lives of innocent civilians and come up with one propaganda or the other just to have the cheap sympathy of weaklings like you to support their terror course.Anyway, there is a lot u need to learn about the world politics

Go ahead and watch this video http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8640401/23360060

and then come back with your bogus shyt that some evils are lesser than the other. . .ow some of you think is totally disgraceful.

US wasted a lot of lives?  What exactly do you expect? that the marines should keep shut and watch while they are been shot at by Iraqi military?

Okay, granted that the reasons US invaded Iraq was uncalled for, but in all honesty, if i were the president of a free world with an intimidating military presence, I would be matching troops into countries that kill for their blood-thirsty god in the name of religion!
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2010
Okay, granted that the reasons US invaded Iraq was uncalled for,

So you know US invasion of Iraq is illegal and totally wrong like their so many other invasions, so why are you crying wolf again?.

CASE CLOSED WITH YOU
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by 9dynasty(m): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
my dear VIOLENT and CLOWN don't mind this outgrown or underage FANATIC-ISH, M.U.M.U.I.S.H ,S.T.U.P.I.D.I.S.H, UN-PATROTIC-ISH soul called tolu these are the types that wish Nigeria was a 101% muslim nation living in caves shouting death to America, cutting off heads of INFEDELS daily. stoning 17 years old girls for not marrying 71 old men. please reserve your comments for someone or something deserving. one love 9ja. tolu leave nairaland ooooooo, lol
Re: Arms Importation: Un Takes Action by tolu001: 10:53am On Dec 11, 2010
^^^ Are u M.A.D or you are currently undergoing a psychiatric test, i'm quit sure u must have escaped from Y.a.b.a left. Who is talking about religion here, anyway way i already know u are too du.mb and daft to understand what they call  "world politics" and "dominance" which is what we are talking about here. I guess you are as well too S.T.U.P.I.D to understand the various contents of the recent leaks from Wikileaks which actually buttress what most of us here already know and talk about. 

S.t.up.id slow poke mentally disabled mo.ron wannabe smart guy; in your dreams

Mind you, is nairaland your father's property   

(1) (Reply)

2011: Atiku’s Campaign Coordinator Resigns, Aligns With Jonathan / Jos Rocked By Killing Again / Self-confessed Witch Escapes Lynching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.