Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

New Hot Investment In Town - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / New Hot Investment In Town (632 Views)

New Hot Airdrop / Hot Investment / Hot Investment: Delivery Logistics Business For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Hot Investment In Town by mbciyouth(m): 1:41am On Jan 14, 2020
A few years ago, a nice young man came to my house to get advice about setting up a business.

Among the things he talked about, he mentioned setting up a provision store. He thought 700k was a big sum for that.

Well, I started by asking him a few questions like these...

1. How much would it cost you to get a good shop in a good location?

Well, that would take at least 200k from his capital and he'd be left with just 500k.

2. What about carpentry work and painting?

Well, we estimated at least 50k. So he was left with 450k.

Then we talked about getting the items and that was where things got interesting...

We started with beverages: Milo, Bournvita, Richoco, Cowbell, Ovaltine, etc.

Then we looked at the different types and sizes: Refill, tin; large, medium, small tins/refills and then tiny sachets.

By the time we went into our calculation, he saw that beverages alone would take over 100k.

Needless to say, he decided NOT to go into that business.

He NEVER knew that those well stocked provision stores he was seeing were worth some millions of naira.

He was shocked. But do you know what was more shocking?

The little profit margin possible on those items...

A number of items were sold with less than 50 naira as the profit on them. So making a profit of 100k per month from a provision store isn't that easy.

And, God help you if rats decide to visit your store and taste some of your items...

I know. We used to have a small provision store.

My point with all this?

It takes a lot of cash investment to build a store that can give you 100k profit by month.

Check it out and tell me which legitimate business can give you a similar return on investment.

Here's the original message...

You can read the narration in this post.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Anything // Post Jobs // Place Ads // Sale Phone And Laptop Computers In Ni / AXA Mansard Insurance Holds Board Meeting For Approval Of 2019 Audited Accounts / The Best Time To Buy A Land Or House Is Always Five Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.