Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? (1119 Views)

Are Pythons Venomous Or Harmful To Human Beings? / Essential Food For Snails - Don't Feed Your Snails With Anything Other Than Thes / How To Make Your Snails Grow Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 6:23am On Jan 14, 2020
Hello,

So, i started snail farming a couple of days ago and although i am yet to get snails but the pen is ready. I just put banana leaves yesterday evening and i went there this morning to check the pen and i found this ants under the leaves.
Are they harmful?
Kindly find attached picture of the ants.

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 6:24am On Jan 14, 2020
And how do i get rid of them if they are harmful?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by OneCorner: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2020
Maybe Ant farming is your calling

2 Likes

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Pauladex(m): 6:58am On Jan 14, 2020
You might need to be meticulous in getting ride of them because if you use insecticide yourr snail will surely affected.
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by SEGLIZ: 7:40am On Jan 14, 2020
OneCorner:

@OneCorner you no well

1 Like

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by SEGLIZ: 7:43am On Jan 14, 2020
Adedolla:
And how do i get rid of them if they are harmful?
Thank you.

kindly Flame the sand, heat it by boiling.
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by tunio: 9:51am On Jan 14, 2020
Remove all your snails from the loamy soil.
Remove all the loamy soil in the pen and find a way to heat the sand with fire to kill all the soldier Ant.
After heating the Sand allow it to cool down completely before returning your snail to the pen.
You are expected to treat your banana leaf in boiling water for about 15minutes.
You should always remove left over feeds every morning to stop the recurrence of Ant for the future.
Make sure the pen environment is always clean.

1 Like

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by wura2u: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Who has a snail farm near New Nyanya and ready to teach me?
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Thank you ��
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by kodded(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
pour condemned engine oil round about the pen to prevent future ant invasion
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
tunio:
Remove all your snails from the loamy soil.
Remove all the loamy soil in the pen and find a way to heat the sand with fire to kill all the soldier Ant.
After heating the Sand allow it to cool down completely before returning your snail to the pen.
You are expected to treat your banana leaf in boiling water for about 15minutes.
You should always remove left over feeds every morning to stop the recurrence of Ant for the future.
Make sure the pen environment is always clean.

Can i add pawpaw leaves to the pen too?
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
OneCorner:
You are not nice �
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by Adedolla(f): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
kodded:
pour condemned engine oil round about the pen to prevent future ant invasion
Okay thank you ��
Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by jizzyfarms(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
Yes it is, soldier ants are dangerous to all livestock farming, well except marine, if u didnt know this I'll advice you to take a while n make ur research before buying ur breeding stocks, theres money in every aspect of agriculture but you'll need more than the basic knowledge to earn from it, you don't need to waste money on ebooks, just research online n visit other farms for practical

1 Like

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by tobyemmanuel(m): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
Adedolla:
Hello,

So, i started snail farming a couple of days ago and although i am yet to get snails but the pen is ready. I just put banana leaves yesterday evening and i went there this morning to check the pen and i found this ants under the leaves.
Are they harmful?

Yes. They are predators. You can control them by digging a gutter around the rearing site. Then fill with water.
Another way... You can surround the place with with waste (black) oil.

1 Like

Re: Are These Ants Harmful To Snails? by ChizziPraiz(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
Adedolla:
Hello,

Are they harmful?

They are harmful... Very harmful

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Boer Goat For Sale. / One-on-one Training On Catfish Fingerlings Production In Kano / Why FG Must Arrest Adesina, Ban GMO Products – Njemanze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.