Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,132 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked (33818 Views)

Who Else Noticed "Emergency Call Only" On 9mobile? / The One Thing To Check When Phone Start Misbehaving / What Could Be The Cause When Phone Don't Charge Beyond 65% ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by seunmohmoh(f): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nice. Time to try it out.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by michealdeco: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
shobam1410:
It didn't work on my Redmi 8 o. No emergency info displayed
redmi miui phones doesn't support the feature but you have one that you can set some numbers, once you quickly press the power button five times, it will send out message to those numbers stating that you're in trouble.....
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by seunmohmoh(f): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
michealdeco:
redmi miui phones doesn't support the feature but you have one that you can set some numbers, once you quickly press the power button five times, it will send out message to those numbers stating that you're in trouble.....
Did note work on my note 8
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by michealdeco: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Did note work on my note 8
it uses miui too
So it's the power button own that can work
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Klington: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

I've been seeing these useless msg circulating on whatsapp for months now

I thought i was the only one who could not set the so called numbers
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Angrymode: 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thanks so much!!! Really useful info posted in a long while here.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by KenModi(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
Vital Information That Will Definitely Save Lives

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

To call a number under emergency, you must repeat the process above.

A soul can be saved through this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Thanks for this op; Although not the same steps for iphone but made me realize I needed to setup mine.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Monday60655(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wow! What a vital information. This is the type of information we should be seen on naira land and not snake thread here and there and how one man die on top of a lady or how wife kill her husband and stuff like that.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by bobowaja(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:
I don't get, this info is useless. You can only dial '911' or '122' which are the standard emergency numbers.

Somebody should screnshot it if they can actually edit it to allow other numbers.

It works. I just did as he instructed and called out with it.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by BigBankBlack(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:

Typical Nigerian lazy youth...instead of you to read carefully or ask questions.. You're here showing your ignorance over something a lot of us have been using for a while now.

Pathetic!
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Davidope215: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nt working on my iPhone
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by ellizy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
It doesn’t work on iPhones
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Umarzy(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
Seems it Selects devices. Doesn't work on Xiaomi
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Lonelyhrt1(m): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Nice one niggarrr
Op must be a real niggarrr
Android 10 is dope. Just hold the power button for some seconds and the emergency icon will show then you can edit your emergency contact

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Try to be a real niggarrr and understand the write up
Most niggarrrs here don't read to understand
Na the headline confuse you so abi?

But as a real niggarrr
I think they should introduce "guest user" on our devices

I mean our devices should be programmed in such a way that strangers can acces it even when it is locked but the access should be restricted to some certain functions of the phone.

Although android 10 has this function but still not well organized
My infinix phone already have the option
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by FullBlastLight: 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
fishjam:

Going by OP's instructions, methinks u will hv 2 save those digits on ur phone 1st as emergency lines b4 any of it can be dialed out during emergency!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Ogundejasmine: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
I can't find emergency information on my phone
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Lordseyad(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Umarzy:
Seems it Selects devices. Doesn't work on Xiaomi

Seems like it's another way on Redmis

I just searched my Redmi search bar under settings now... here and I saw how to set it

Just search "Emergency"
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by toseen7: 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Not working on Tecno cx air...

No emergency info.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
It's making sense ��
���
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by bonna4u(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
It doesn't work on my Xiaomi mi8, but it used to work on my old infinix hot 5
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by SweetyZinta(f): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
Vital Information That Will Definitely Save Lives

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youths of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of unfortunate situations like phone loss, sickness, accident or even death. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information (2 times). You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

NOTE:

To call a number under emergency, you must repeat the process above.

A soul can be saved through this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Nice one Mr Op, we need more knowledgeable post like this.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by thundafire: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
It wouldn't work in Nigeria cs U can't call Emergency to help Emergency cs it wouldn't be answered
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by DivineTurnAroun(f): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2020
It works. Thank you @op
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by fascowilly(m): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Op God bless you, 100% useful.

1 Like

Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Nice one niggarrr
Op must be a real niggarrr
Android 10 is dope. Just hold the power button for some seconds and the emergency icon will show then you can edit your emergency contact

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Try to be a real niggarrr and understand the write up
Most niggarrrs here don't read to understand
Na the headline confuse you so abi?

But as a real niggarrr
I think they should introduce "guest user" on our devices

I mean our devices should be programmed in such a way that strangers can acces it even when it is locked but the access should be restricted to some certain functions of the phone.

Although android 10 has this function but still not well organized
.. not all phones allow that. damnnnn you not being a real niggar right now
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by wowdiva: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lordseyad:

Seems like it's another way on Redmis

I just searched my Redmi search bar under settings now... here and I saw how to set it

Just search "Emergency"
Thanks this worked on my N7
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by alekuwodo(m): 12:19am On Feb 02, 2020
Nice one.

Meanwhile invest in upland rice cultivation and make 20% profit in 6 months check my signature. http: ///2348072402217.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Abdulaaleem: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2020
d33types:

You are a learner. It has been on Android since 6.0. you just have to modify it a bit to allow a locked phone

my gionee p7 is android 7.0 but the feature is missing.. no such as emergency info
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by d33types: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2020
Abdulaaleem:

my gionee p7 is android 7.0 but the feature is missing.. no such as emergency info

The likely reason is because some phone manufacturers have their custom UI (eg Gionee's Amigo OS, Samsung's touchwiz and OneUI, HTC sense UI) which strips some functionalities off .

That why I always endeavour to buy an unlockable phone,then modify my ROM to have the best experience.
Re: How To Make An Emergency Call When Phone Is Locked by Paxmedical(m): 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Nice information

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Accused Of 'Procuring' N11bn Equipment To Tap Phones Of Nigerians / 7 Cool Android Features You Aren’t Using / How To Program Mtn Sim Cards To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.