Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

VIO wahala resolved - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VIO wahala resolved (1551 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Sad Experience With VIO Today / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2020
Hi Landers, with heavy heart, I am here to ask our auto knowledgeable folks to tell me if broken fog light is an offence in Nigeria.

My story
I am jejely going to work when hagard looking VIO officers stopped me and asked for my papers which I handed over. One of them looked at it and said hmm he is clear. The other one asked me to put on reverse and match on break which I did. He said clear. He went to the front and asked I should turn on my head lamp which I did and he told the other one that the car is clear. He proceeded to ask for triangle, spare tyre and fire extinguisher which I did. Their suffer head looking oga came and asked them haven't you booked him yet. He asked me your fork light what happened to it? Why is it broken? Give him caution. Your windscreen is cracked, give him caution. Na so I reach office. Next they booked me 10k. I asked them what my offence was and the lady there replied chattered windscreen and lighting violation with offence code VDT 05 and VDF 05. I told her that my wind screen is not chattered and my head lamps are perfect and functional and she said that all Na the same thing that my head lamp is in good shape and my fork light is broken Na the same offence.
I googled my offence on line and found non of the codes they gave me so I called my FRSC friend to talk to their so called oga that is probably my junior in civil service. After their talk he told me that windscreen is only cracked he will remove it but will hold me on my fog light and that is final that I should go and pay 5k. I have since been browsing VDT 05 and VDF 05 to know the meaning but to no avail.
If you have knowledge of these men false charges you can share for us to be enlightened of corrupt VIO officials gimmicks.
Re: VIO wahala resolved by lathrowinger: 7:21am On Jan 14, 2020
sad
Re: VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 7:21am On Jan 14, 2020
This happened in IMO state along orlu road.
Re: VIO wahala resolved by Dreal1247: 7:32am On Jan 14, 2020
Some of our law enforcement agents will always find an offence even with a day old baby. So unfortunate.
Re: VIO wahala resolved by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 14, 2020
No mind them, hungry dogs.

You meant fog lights bah?
Re: VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2020
The charge sheet and alien code and incomplete officer's name so that he can deny it is not him when gbege burst.

Re: VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2020
okorotalkative:
No mind them, hungry dogs.

You meant fog lights bah?
Yes
Re: VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2020
Corrections: all the fork lights should be fog lights.
Original post has been modified.
Re: VIO wahala resolved by paulibling(m): 6:32am On Jan 16, 2020
Follow up. The following day I went back with two guys in a covered plate numbered car and demanded the officer that signed the sheet to complete his name. All of them started panicking . Those men introduced themselves and introduced me. At that point I felt sympathy for ordinary citizen. He then lied that when FRSC regional commander called that he only sorted small thing out and started to look for me to carry my car and I had gone and he told his boys to release my car once I returned. He pleaded that I did not show my i.d. card that if I had shown it even if I had committed plenty offence that my car must surely pass. I was amazed at his new found humility. But I told the men to let him be that. And moved my car.
Question: who will plead the case of ordinary citizen in the hands of these oppressors?
Anybody with small power can frame you up at anytime and suffer you.
May God deliver Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: VIO wahala resolved by adanny01(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
paulibling:
Follow up. The following day I went back with two guys in a covered plate numbered car and demanded the officer that signed the sheet to complete his name. All of them started panicking . Those men introduced themselves and introduced me. At that point I felt sympathy for ordinary citizen. He then lied that when FRSC regional commander called that he only sorted small thing out and started to look for me to carry my car and I had gone and he told his boys to release my car once I returned. He pleaded that I did not show my i.d. card that if I had shown it even if I had committed plenty offence that my car must surely pass. I was amazed at his new found humility. But I told the men to let him be that. And moved my car.
Question: who will plead the case of ordinary citizen in the hands of these oppressors?
Anybody with small power can frame you up at anytime and suffer you.
May God deliver Nigeria.

A high way patrol police office stopped me one day after 5yrs of driving my Lagos registered car in north. He asked me for plate number allocation form and police extract or something like that which no one has ever asked me even when I used the same car in the east. I knew I had such documentation but it wasn't in the car. My plea fell on deaf ears but I wasn't in a hurry. Went back to my car rolled down the windows, picked a novel in the glove box and started reading. I heard their oga asking, why is that car still here, he took the documents, as he was approaching, I faked a long phone call. He didn't interrupt me till his attention was needed. He came back 20mins later, i was still talking to myself on the fake phone call. He waited 5 mins before i faked an excuse to call the caller back.

He asked me what my issue was, I said I don't know. He couldnt say anything, he handed me back my photocopies.

The moral of the story is that I was been victimised for my time, fortunately, I had plenty of. If I hadn't, it would have been a different story.

I have a hairline crack on my windscreen, an FRSC officer clearly told me if he wants he will book me for it as shattered windscreen. FRSC will impound your car for expired tire, but the offense slip will read a code for worn out tire which isn't the same.

My car has been impounded in Abj for stopping on speed lane shoulder to receive a phone call. I paid 5k and 2k to reinflate tires.

Life in Nigeria isn't fair in its entirety.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Must See!! Nigerian Music Star Tekno's Incredible All-black Car Collection / Yahoo Boys No Dey Carry Last / Help Engine Oil Burns Out Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.