Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

- - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / - (632 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / High Stakers Let's All Win From Tennis And Handball. See This / Tennis And Tennis Lovers: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 14, 2020
-

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: - by Olude193: 7:51am On Jan 14, 2020
Yes I believe so

Personally I will love to
Re: - by balingaonline(m): 8:46am On Jan 14, 2020
which tennis? table or lawn tennis
Re: - by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Nigerian here. And I am here to give my 'honestest' candid opinion.

Personally, I do not like tennis in whatever former and I do not consider it worthy to be called a sport along with the likes of cricket, darts and golf.

Now, that's me. And to a large extent, this is true for many Nigerians. Tens of Millions even. Tennis hardly cuts it for any of us. We are football crazy. I grew up watching, cheering and eventually playing the game like many of my generation and the bond with football is almost if not totally unbreakable.

However! There are still those amongst us who don't do football- substandard Nigerians, I like to call them. We cannot deny the fact that they do, as a matter of fact, exist. Amongst these guys you can find your "niche market" because I know for a fact that some of them actually do tennis.

So, you might want to try reaching out to these sets of outsiders. I suggest you conduct a proper survey in order to arrive at a proper perspective as to what the size of your niche or target market is because to be brutally honest with you, Nairaland is hardly the right place to get this sorted of information.

Besides, tennis tournaments are organized on a regular in cities like Lagos and they sometimes record reasonable attendance rates. You might want to consult the guys behind those tournaments and also see what you might be able to come up with. You might learn a thing or too even though they are mostly government-bankrolled tourneys.

I hope this helps.
Re: - by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 14, 2020
balingaonline:

So, table tennis is played on lawns... sad

Great.
Re: - by Amujale(m): 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
Awesome! What are the schedules?

Whats the pricing?
Re: - by Amujale(m): 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
balingaonline:

Lawn Tennis
Re: - by Amujale(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Apart from swimming and other respiratory enhancing sports that engages in the way it does, Lawn Tennis is the next best thing.

Lawn Tennis is one of the best physical exercises out there, guarenteed a good work out.
Re: - by Amujale(m): 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
balingaonline:

Table Tennis is as well a good physical sport, although Lawn Tennis is a slightly more intense version.

For instance, serving in Table Tennis can easily be considered an easier hurdle and doesnt require the same amount of enery and muscle relaxation as does Lawn Tennis.
Re: - by mavepop: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
Why isn't it? Tennis is a great sport
Re: - by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
-
Re: - by tck2000(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
I don't really like tennis,but i know a little about the big guns:Djokovic,Nadal,Federer,Selena,Osaka,Sharapova.
Re: - by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: - by Icon4s(m): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
Yes of course even though it is more of a Middle to Upper Class sport

(1) (Reply)

Madness:barcelona Sold Abel Ruiz For €8m With 'a Buy-back Option Of €40m' / See The Amount Professional Footballers Pay For Receiving Yellow Or Red Cards / Dele Alli And His Girlfriend Were Beaten And Robbed By Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.