Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement (3269 Views)

Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement / Bayelsa: Lawyers differ on Supreme Court’s ouster of David Lyon / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Douye Diri On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by nameo: 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
OVIHINNO:

I was taken aback with the supreme court judgement initially until I read the details of the judgement.
What's strange about the judgement? The facts of the case has been made bare, Votes in favor of HOPE wrongly cancelled were added back by the Supreme Court. He(Hope) now has the highest number of Votes consequently returned elected!
The question that arises then is, does the supreme court has power to add back votes already cancelled by INEC? From a layman's point view I think answer is YES. Hopefully in the days ahead legal luminaries will elucidate on this matter and the whole contentious issues will be adequately addressed

The Supreme court has the power to add back cancelled votes if they hold that it was cancelled illegally?

But these vites were not cancelled by INEC. If not INEC would not have declared the election conclusive in the 1st place. I am reading now that the SC says that they were not collated!!!

So who deliberately did not collate such a huge number for a single candidate?

INEC? I hardly doubt that cos we are talking about INEC against the ruling party here!

So again, who did?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DarrelCornell: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
omenka:
Pdp losing a court case is a crime against humanity.

This one is new to us. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

From democracy in danger to this. Very serious increment. grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DarrelCornell: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
omenka:
The nonsensical statement from the hypocrites in chief was well expected. Would have been amazed if it didnt come.

Still waiting for their trademark statements of Democracy being on death row by this judgement.

Such a catastrophe pdp is.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DarrelCornell: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
omenka:
Fixed.

Ndi Iberibe party. cheesy
[/s]
shatap

2 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by OVIHINNO(m): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
nameo:

The Supreme court has the power to add back cancelled votes if they hold that it was cancelled illegally?

But these vites were not cancelled by INEC. If not INEC would not have declared the election conclusive on the 1st place. I am reading now that the SC says that they were not collated!!!

So who deliberately did not collate such a huge number for a single candidate?

INEC? I hardly doubt that cos we are talking about INEC against the ruling party here!

So again, who did?
I honestly think those votes where rejected by INEC due to say wide irregularities complained of by other parties.
How would votes not be collated? Was it that the inec returning officers failed to submit the results or what? Well like I said by tomorrow morning in Channel TV sunrise daily program this is gonna be a hot topic. Its definitely going to be expository

3 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Assha: 12:15am On Jan 15, 2020
Bigflamie:
I don't just understand what's actually happening.

Buhari and co. are really biting more than they can chew. He's gonna be hit hard for his crimes against humanity.

I was very sad the day we lost all Senate, HoR, HoA and the Gubernatorial seats in Zamfara to PDP not through the ballot box but via judicial pronouncement but today, God has taken that gloom away by the same means, the judiciary.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by geletor: 12:22am On Jan 15, 2020
Donald95:

You and I should be worried that the hope of a common citizen to get Justice in Nigeria (court) has been tampered with.

I remember in 2011 when boko Haram started by killing Igbos, many people supported them by at last, the fire consumed those that started it.

I don't care about APC or PDP, but whoever that wins an election should be allowed to govern.

Oga please stop this bullshit already! Which Book haram started killing Igbo's? ...there was no single time, I repeat, there was no any moment that Boko haram targeted any Igbo anywhere and killed him. Just stop spreading lies in the name of seeking public sympathy!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by BuhariAdvocate: 12:25am On Jan 15, 2020
Thunder fire you there. If you don't understand how uzodinma came out victorious in supreme court then you need help.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:53am On Jan 15, 2020
What we should asking now is the collation officer of those units to come out to explain how did it happened, and if find guilty he should be prosecuted

2 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DMerciful(m): 2:59am On Jan 15, 2020
So why did the supreme court not punish anyone?
seunmsg:

There is nothing strange in the judgement, it was simply the judiciary correcting the wrongs perpetrated by INEC and PDP.

What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/votes of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move. I shiver at the thought that they almost got away with silencing the electoral choices of over 200,000 valid voters.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by contigiency(m): 3:03am On Jan 15, 2020
What else will they say if not that democracy is in danger?
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by fyneguy: 3:23am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

There is nothing strange in the judgement, it was simply the judiciary correcting the wrongs perpetrated by INEC and PDP.

What I actually found strange today is the information that INEC declared Ihedioha winner after cancelling APC votes in 388 polling units. They cancelled the voice/votes of over 200,000 voters just to be able to declare Ihedioha. I’m really disturbed that it took the intervention of the Supreme Court to stop such a fraudulent move. I shiver at the thought that they almost got away with silencing the electoral choices of over 200,000 valid voters.

Did INEC add the votes of PDP and other parties from the 388 polling units?
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by alizma: 4:13am On Jan 15, 2020
Donald95:

And as intelligent you think you are, you believe that such votes where cancelled.

Such a pity such amount was wasted on your education
The judgement was not passed in the absence of counsel to Ihedioha. If there was no such cancelled votes, such judgement wouldn't have been possible. I think you need to apologize to your parents for spending so much on your education without corresponding value.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by wirinet(m): 4:19am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

You raised a valid point. We should be looking at how and why INEC cancelled over 200,000 valid votes and still declared a candidate winner. In saner climes, the state INEC chairman and possibly the national chairman should resigned or be fired (and possibly prosecuted ).

1 Like

Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by wirinet(m): 4:21am On Jan 15, 2020
DMerciful:
Anyone was not brought before the supreme Court for punishment.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DMerciful(m): 4:36am On Jan 15, 2020
Why? Without punishment, what will stop INEC from allocating votes at will? Do you know how much taxpayers money was wasted?
wirinet:

Anyone was not brought before the supreme Court for punishment.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by wirinet(m): 4:42am On Jan 15, 2020
DMerciful:
Why? Without punishment, what will stop INEC from allocating votes at will? Do you know how much taxpayers money was wasted?

This is besides the point.
You asked why the supreme court did not punish anyone, I told you that no one was brought before the supreme Court for punishment. A case has to come to the supreme Court all the way from the high courts before they can make judgements. Besides, it's the lower courts that punishes, the supreme Court either ratifies or dismiss.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by DMerciful(m): 4:54am On Jan 15, 2020
But in this case there is neither dismissal nor ratification because the act of justice means there's consequences for injustice at the same time. Nothing systemic was done by the supreme court to improve the system. There is no way INEC should be allowed to go scot free!
wirinet:

This is besides the point.
You asked why the supreme court did not punish anyone, I told you that no one was brought before the supreme Court for punishment. A case has to come to the supreme Court all the way from the high courts before they can make judgements. Besides, it's the lower courts that punishes, the supreme Court either ratifies or dismiss.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Area4Area: 5:08am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

Nothing can be more hypocritical than the above statement credited to PDP. We can remove Imo and replace with Zamfara and see how APC felt when the same Supreme Court through its “token judgement” dashed the state to PDP.

The people of Zamfara rejected PDP at the polls but the state was handed over to the party by the token of Supreme Court judgement. The people of Zamfara have adjusted to life under the party they rejected at the polls, I’m sure the people of Imo will also adjust. Such is life!
Forget PDP and her wailers,

Court judgment favours PDP........ Democracy at work,

Court judgment favours APC...... Democracy under attack.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 6:02am On Jan 15, 2020
DMerciful:

The court cannot give what the applicant didn’t ask for. Except someone specifically ask the court to punish the perpetrators, the court cannot go out of its way to punish them.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Great2017: 6:17am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

Nothing can be more hypocritical than the above statement credited to PDP. We can remove Imo and replace with Zamfara and see how APC felt when the same Supreme Court through its “token judgement” dashed the state to PDP.

The people of Zamfara rejected PDP at the polls but the state was handed over to the party by the token of Supreme Court judgement. The people of Zamfara have adjusted to life under the party they rejected at the polls, I’m sure the people of Imo will also adjust. Such is life!
Zamfara APC did not play by the rule and as such did not have a candidate. Same played out in Rivers. Learn to be objective in your submission.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 8:33am On Jan 15, 2020
Great2017:

Zamfara APC did not play by the rule and as such did not have a candidate. Same played out in Rivers. Learn to be objective in your submission.

And PDP played by the rules in Imo state by orchestrating the cancellation of vote cast in 388 polling units, right?
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by PeaceGord: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

Even though I hate you passionately, I must say you made a maiden sense.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2020
PeaceGord:

Even though I hate you passionately, I must say you made a maiden sense.

Hate is a very strong word to use. Why should you hate someone passionately because you disagree with his political choices? My brother, it’s not worth it.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by PeaceGord: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

Hate is a very strong word to use. Why should you hate someone passionately because you disagree with his political choices? My brother, it’s not worth it.

You are acutely annoying in your political views.

I wonder how you live normally...

That your MannerBBQ cousin is worse.

Just go away.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by Great2017: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

And PDP played by the rules in Imo state by orchestrating the cancellation of vote cast in 388 polling units, right?
Common sense should have informed you that elections conduct and result announcement are done by INEC. Again, the APC was the ruling party prior to the elections in Imo State. It is better you stopped throwing up conjecture.
Re: PDP Press Statement On Supreme Court Judgement by rummmy: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

imagine the kind of court we have and some is happy with all this replaced people voted by the people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What South East Security Outfit Logo Will Look Like / ... / I Just Watched Out The Shootout Video Between Avengers And The Navy Woow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.