Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,256 members, 7,839,309 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers(video) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers(video) (705 Views)

The Oyo Versus The Benin - My Experience From Ozanagogo Trip / Oba of Benin: I am here to strengthen the close affinity of our people in Rivers / Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers(video) by President2031: 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

He added that he was also in the state to meet with other traditional rulers to influence the process of development.
“I will meet with the South-South monarchs who were present at the coronation so that we can share ideas with them on ways of strengthening the traditional institution in Nigeria and ensure the development and wellbeing of our people.

“We would like to use this opportunity of this visit to appreciate the cordial relationship between the good people of Edo State and the good people of Rivers State,’’ he said.
He extended a special invitation to the government and people of Rivers to participate in the celebration of the Igue Festival.

Watch video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rb6oLOEYOI

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers(video) by odigbosky(m): 5:08am On Jan 16, 2020
Wicked wike

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Starts Procession Of Inititiates Over Hijacked Staff / Yoruba Vocabulary And Greeting / Unacceptable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.