Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Advice!! Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice!! Canada (1102 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice!! Canada by tempusfugit: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello, have a informative question to ask Nigerians based in Canada, am Nigerian but raised up in italy, have been in italy for 25 years , am young adult of 34 years old, Italian passport holder, possess bachelor and master degree in pharmacy, after years of working was able to save up to 50k euro, in this phase of my life my brain has been overwhelmed with this constant feeling of relocating from Italy, hence am here asking Nigerians based In Canada quality informations about how is life generally in Canada, the best visa to apply for, house rent, phrase to get permanent residence and most especially how to get a job.. Note, with Italian passport I could eventually go to Canada but without the appropriate visa, I don't have the permission to work!!!
Re: Advice!! Canada by Asquare84(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
tempusfugit:
Hello, have a informative question to ask Nigerians based in Canada, am Nigerian but raised up in italy, have been in italy for 25 years , am young adult of 34 years old, Italian passport holder, possess bachelor and master degree in pharmacy, after years of working was able to save up to 50k euro, in this phase of my life my brain has been overwhelmed with this constant feeling of relocating from Italy, hence am here asking Nigerians based In Canada quality informations about how is life generally in Canada, the best visa to apply for, house rent, phrase to get permanent residence and most especially how to get a job.. Note, with Italian passport I could eventually go to Canada but without the appropriate visa, I don't have the permission to work!!!

To start with, if you can save 50 k Euro in Italy then why did you want to migrate to Canada again probably you are not satisfied with were you are now, my advice is that you should try and pay your tithe in church and sow seed to a life of a pastor and see how things will turn around in your favor
Re: Advice!! Canada by tempusfugit: 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
Is attualy the opposite, very satisfied, all family members and friends re in italy, conducting very comfortable life in italy but want to see more, want to esperience other part of the world!!!

To start with, if you can save 50 k Euro in Italy then why did you want to migrate to Canada again probably you are not satisfied with were you are now, my advice is that you should try and pay your tithe in church and sow seed to a life of a pastor and see how things will turn around in your favor[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice!! Canada by tempusfugit: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2020
Is attualy the opposite, very satisfied, all family members and friends re in italy, conducting very comfortable life in italy but want to see more, want to esperience other part of the world!!!
Asquare84:

To start with, if you can save 50 k Euro in Italy then why did you want to migrate to Canada again probably you are not satisfied with were you are now, my advice is that you should try and pay your tithe in church and sow seed to a life of a pastor and see how things will turn around in your favor
Re: Advice!! Canada by salford: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
tempusfugit:
1. You want to leave a first world holiday destination for Canada (very cold region).
2. you have saved a lot of money in Italy, 50k Euros that is.
3. You have an ongoing career as a Pharmacist. It's a regulated profession in Canada meaning you would have to write rigorous exams and also complete a practical assessment to be considered a pharmacist in Canada. This could take atleast a year or more to complete.
4. You can apply for permanent residency. There is a thread for that on Nairaland.
5. Rent varies depending on location.
6. Life in Canada would not be much different from Italy.
7. For life in Canada, there are tons of YouTube videos you could watch.

You can take a leave off work in Italy, travel to Canada and spend some months here. Ensure you book the trip for winter season, so you can have a real feel of what it's like I'm Canada. Interview international trained pharmacists when you are here and also interact with the locals - you know, just to get your feet wet. After your return to Italy, then you can decide if you really want to dive in.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice!! Canada by salford: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
Asquare84:

How about him sowing that seed to charity or a good cause.

3 Likes

Re: Advice!! Canada by CuriousX: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2020
salford:

How about him sowing that seed to charity or a good cause.
Imagine the useless comment. Brain washed. When you have fake pastors everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Advice!! Canada by tempusfugit: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
I believe he was sarcastic
CuriousX:

Imagine the useless comment. Brain washed. When you have fake pastors everywhere

1 Like

Re: Advice!! Canada by tempusfugit: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Thanks alot I appreciate your advice!! I have two months leave this year, guess I ll take trip to Canada!!!
salford:

1. You want to leave a first world holiday destination for Canada (very cold region).
2. you have saved a lot of money in Italy, 50k Euros that is.
3. You have an ongoing career as a Pharmacist. It's a regulated profession in Canada meaning you would have to write rigorous exams and also complete a practical assessment to be considered a pharmacist in Canada. This could take atleast a year or more to complete.
4. You can apply for permanent residency. There is a thread for that on Nairaland.
5. Rent varies depending on location.
6. Life in Canada would not be much different from Italy.
7. For life in Canada, there are tons of YouTube videos you could watch.

You can take a leave off work in Italy, travel to Canada and spend some months here. Ensure you book the trip for winter season, so you can have a real feel of what it's like I'm Canada. Interview international trained pharmacists when you are here and also interact with the locals - you know, just to get your feet wet. After your return to Italy, then you can decide if you really want to dive in.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! I Found Gold & Blue Sapphire In Mambilla Plateau Taraba State! / Dark Runway, Airpeace Flight Fails To Land In Anambra Returns To Lagos / What IT Skills Can I Learn In A Space Of 3 Months To Have A Better Chance Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.