Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools (1126 Views)

Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by highbee02: 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Date: 2020-01-15
The Kwara state government says no religious organisation is permitted to preach or conduct other spiritual activities in public schools across the state.
Bisola Ahmed, the state commissioner for education and human capital development, made this known in a statement on Tuesday.
"It has come to the notice of the Kwara State Government that some religious organisations have been going to public schools in the state to preach during the morning Assembly,� the statement read.
"The ministry wants to say it categorically that no religious organisation is permitted to go to public schools for preaching or engage in any religious activities during morning Assembly."
As a multi-religious country, there have been occasions when Christians and Muslims, observers of two major religions in the country, disagree over issues.
The commissioner said the decision was made to maintain peace and orderliness across the schools in the state.
She urged school officials to comply with the directives, adding that prayers should be said silently during the morning assembly session in the schools.
"The ministry therefore directed that prayers should be said silently on the morning Assembly across public schools in the state," she said.
The government appeals to all school heads and other stakeholders to adhere strictly to this directive, which is to maintain peace and decorum in our schools. All principals, head teachers and education secretaries should take please note."

https://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=26384

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
They should sack the heads of schools who disobey this ruling!

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
Unfortunately, half of the government secondary schools were church mission founded school.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:
Unfortunately, half of the government secondary schools were church mission founded school.
"Were"! If government funds them they aren't church schools no more. Besides, Muslims fund schools too. But school is school, and not preaching houses, so well done Kwara State.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by edoairways: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2020
This is what you get when you misuse or abuse privileges. Am sure some persons were abusing it hence the ban

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
Good morning.
In principle, you may be correct but in practice, you are totally wrong.

budaatum:

"Were"! If government funds them they aren't church schools no more. Besides, Muslims fund schools too. But school is school, and not preaching houses, so well done Kwara State.
You don't understand.
I went to a mission school that ended up becoming Governments. The school used to be among the best in the state. Now after several years of the so called government running, the school is not fit for learning. The structures are dilapidated. There is segregation in appointment as teachers in the school (more than 70% of the teachers are Muslims). Christian teachers are posted to the suburbs/villages around.

The truth of the matter is that government use the schools to siphon money for their cronies.

Now, for mission schools that are pure government initiated or Islamic mission initiated, the FCS cannot build a chapel. Almost 90% of teachers are Muslims (except in the suburbs).

Trust me, you won't send your ward to a Kwara government funded school in search of quality education except you are broke.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by highbee02: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:
Good morning.

You don't understand.
I went to a mission school that ended up becoming Governments. The school used to be among the best in the state. Now after several years of the so called government running, the school is not fit for learning. The structures are dilapidated. There is segregation in appointment as teachers in the school (more than 70% of the teachers are Muslims). Christian teachers are posted to the suburbs/villages around.

The truth of the matter is that government use the schools to siphon money for their cronies.

Now, for mission schools that are pure government initiated or Islamic mission initiated, the FCS cannot build a chapel. Almost 90% of teachers are Muslims (except in the suburbs).

Trust me, you won't send your ward to a Kwara government funded school in search of quality education except you are broke.

I'm not comfortable with your assertion, especially second to the last paragraph. I'm a teacher and I can boldly say that the non- Muslim teachers outnumber the Muslim teachers in Ilorin, the capital city of Kwara State.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
highbee02:

I'm not comfortable with your assertion, especially second to the last paragraph. I'm a teacher and I can boldly say that the non- Muslim teachers outnumber the Muslim teachers in Ilorin, the capital city of Kwara State.
I can understand your position. But there is an adage that says "he who excretes may forget but the one who uses his hands to pack it will never forget. If you are on the recieving side, you will see things exactly like me.

Check out C&S college
Check out Mount Carmel college
Check out ECWA primary school, oja iya

The only exception may be St. Anthony Secondary School

I nearly wept the last time I went to C&S college. Go there, you won't believe that government is spending millions on the school yearly.

Many Moslems are good people, but when jihad is fought (by a few) against a people who are not fighting back, resentment is built up unconsciously.

It's my observation. Thanks for being matured and respectful in your objection.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:
Good morning.

You don't understand.

I once visited a teacher in a government secondary school in Lagos and saw a jss student preaching to her mates when they were meant to be learning maths. In my Osun State, government schools have no teachers and rely on mostly unskilled and unmotivated corpers whose sole aim is how many students they can screw.

You are correct. I would not send my child to a government school because usually, they are crap, both Christian and Muslim government funded schools. Neither is as well run as some private Muslim and Christian schools.

All the same, the article is about external preachers coming to the schools to preach. And this shouldn't be allowed as they are not part of the schools teaching staff.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by highbee02: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

I can understand your position. But there is an adage that says "he who excretes may forget but the one who uses his hands to pack it will never forget. If you are on the recieving side, you will see things exactly like me.

Check out C&S college
Check out Mount Carmel college
Check out ECWA primary school, oja iya

The only exception may be St. Anthony Secondary School

I nearly wept the last time I went to C&S college. Go there, you won't believe that government is spending millions on the school yearly.

Many Moslems are good people, but when jihad is fought (by a few) against a people who are not fighting back, resentment is built up unconsciously.

It's my observation. Thanks for being matured and respectful in your objection.

I'm a product of C & S Laduba, and during my studentship we were forced to request for a piece of land to be observing the prayers ( under a tree). Sometimes, they would sprinkle water on all the students irrespective of whether u are a Christian or Moslem. The day I resisted, I was called out on the assembly and tagged a " cultist." Then, 75% if not 80% of the teachers are Christians. In fact, there was no single IRS teacher. Though, a science student, I wanted to register for IRS, they told me to go to a sister school - Ansarul, Ansarul did not offer science subjects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
highbee02:

I'm a product of C & S and during my studentship we were forced to request for piece land to be observing the prayers ( under a tree). Sometimes, they would sprinkle water on all the students irrespective of whether u are Christian or Moslem. The day I resisted, I was called out on the assembly and tagged a " cultist.
Were you a student under "Baba D. Akintola"?
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

I once visited a teacher in a government secondary school in Lagos and saw a jss student preaching to her mates when they were meant to be learning maths. In my Osun State, government schools have no teachers and rely on mostly unskilled and unmotivated corpers whose sole aim is how many students they can screw.

You are correct. I would not send my child to a government school because usually, they are crap, both Christian and Muslim government funded schools. Neither is as well run as some private Muslim and Christian schools.

All the same, the article is about external preachers coming to the schools to preach. And this shouldn't be allowed as they are not part of the schools teaching staff.
Sorry, I got emotional with my previous post. There was an all out jihad in Kwara state at a point...it is painful when you are at the recieving end from a protagonist you take as a neighbor and friend.

I agree with the fact that external preachers should not be allowed except if it is under the auspices of the FCS and for Christian students alone. As a student of FGC Ilorin in those days, we enjoyed the diversity of the ministers who taught us in the FCS.

It's unfortunate that even though we carry religion on our heads, we don't live what we preach and everything (including religion) is just an opportunity to make money or have power/control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by highbee02: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

Thank u, I can relate because I served in Osun, we even had a "corper principal". Some of these external preachers will even come with pamphlets and pocket sized bible to be distributed to the students (Moslems and Christians). This once happened in my school and one of the IRS teacher was forced to speak against the distribution of bible (new testament) to Moslem students

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

Sorry, I got emotional with my previous post. There was an all out jihad in Kwara state at a point...it is painful when you are at the recieving end from a protagonist you take as a neighbor and friend.

I agree with the fact that external preachers should not be allowed except if it is under the auspices of the FCS and for Christian students alone. As a student of FGC Ilorin in those days, we enjoyed the diversity of the ministers who taught us in the FCS.

It's unfortunate that even though we carry religion on our heads, we don't live what we preach and everything (including religion) is just an opportunity to make money or have power/control.
The ban is for both Muslim and Christian preachers, as far as I can tell. If we did live our religions, we'd likely have a much better nation.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

You people can't make a point devoid of islamophobia. Shame!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

The ban is for both Muslim and Christian preachers, as far as I can tell. If we did live our religions, we'd likely have a much better nation.
Unfortunately, Muslims hardly preach to others. The rule applies more to those who believe in Act1:8
I'm not sure there is a reward for preaching to others in Islam except we stretch the definition of jihad

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

Unfortunately, Muslims hardly preach to others. The rule applies more to those who believe in Act1:8
I'm not sure there is a reward for preaching to others in Islam except we stretch the definition of jihad
Muslims do preach to others! If they hold assembly in a school with "others", it is preaching.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
aadoiza:

You people can't make a point devoid of islamophobia. Shame!
Did anyone mention Islam?
When did jihad (Arabic word) become synonymous with Islam?

Only those who claim "peace" but draw daga need be concerned about my post!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

Muslims do preach to others! If they hold assembly in a school with "others", it is preaching.
I used the word "hardly"

At least, I've never once experienced a Muslim standing up to preach in a bus. Have you?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by budaatum: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

I used the word "hardly"

At least, I've never once experienced a Muslim standing up to preach in a bus. Have you?
No one preaches in buses where I live. Passengers will throw you off. Muslims and Christians do both preach on the streets though.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1738459/islamic-preacher-arrested-for-screaming-abuse-at-women-in-tight-jeans-filmed-in-rant-on-court-steps/

Don't you laugh at his hypocrisy!

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
budaatum:

No one preaches in buses where I live. Passengers will throw you off. Muslims and Christians do both preach on the streets though.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1738459/islamic-preacher-arrested-for-screaming-abuse-at-women-in-tight-jeans-filmed-in-rant-on-court-steps/

Don't you laugh at his hypocrisy!
LOL!
Some people actually see Islam as anti white. Its there way of protesting against western freedom and excesses.

The truth remain that the assembly ground is not a place to preach church or mosque. Such may be allowed in a seminary though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
shadeyinka:

Did anyone mention Islam?
When did jihad (Arabic word) become synonymous with Islam?

Only those who claim "peace" but draw saga need be concerned about my post!
Pfft.. I'm terribly certain your pastor just started preaching jihad in your church.
Muslims were not even the ones who brutally killed your god but are the ones over whom you lot are increasingly becoming insomniacs. Pathetic!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 5:43am On Jan 17, 2020
aadoiza:

Pfft.. I'm terribly certain your pastor just started preaching jihad in your church.
Muslims were not even the ones who brutally killed your god but are the ones over whom you lot are increasingly becoming insomniacs. Pathetic!
When ignorance is cloaked in violence.

Donkey spirit mode activated!

Gen 16:11-12:
"And the angel of the LORD said to her, Behold, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael; because the LORD has heard your affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brothers."

Not surprised one tiny bit!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2020
highbee02:

I'm a product of C & S Laduba, and during my studentship we were forced to request for a piece of land to be observing the prayers ( under a tree). Sometimes, they would sprinkle water on all the students irrespective of whether u are a Christian or Moslem. The day I resisted, I was called out on the assembly and tagged a " cultist." Then, 75% if not 80% of the teachers are Christians. In fact, there was no single IRS teacher. Though, a science student, I wanted to register for IRS, they told me to go to a sister school - Ansarul, Ansarul did not offer science subjects.
I thought you went to C&S college Ilorin. My issues were with Ilorin schools.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

When ignorance is cloaked in violence.

Donkey spirit mode activated!

Gen 16:11-12:
"And the angel of the LORD said to her, Behold, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael; because the LORD has heard your affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brothers."

Not surprised one tiny bit!
Yeah, right. That just proved that your collctive hatred for Muslims stemmed from their brutally killing god. Yeye people.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
highbee02:

Seems you don't know these, they are more venomous than the viper.
What do you expect of people who worship a god that came to earth through the vagina? Unthinking dodos.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
aadoiza:

Yeah, right. That just proved that your collctive hatred for Muslims stemmed from their brutally killing god. Yeye people.
E pain you?
The truth is bitter for the liar!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

E pain you?
The truth is bitter for the liar!
grin grin You must be shiiting me. I will never stoop so low to read what Jesus never wrote in the Pauline bible.
In fact, I'd rather read the Grimoire than read the Pauline crap.
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
aadoiza:

grin grin You must be shiiting me. I will never stoop so low to read what Jesus never wrote in the Pauline bible.
In fact, I'd rather read the Grimoire than read the Pauline crap.

Sorry bro!
I never knew this will hurt so bad.
Kpele!
Do!
Ya'kuri!
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Sorry bro!
I never knew this will hurt so bad.
Kpele!
Do!
Ya'kuri!
Wallahi, me never knew you were this bloody hilarious grin grin grin
I'm sure your prophet Saul (a Jesus hater) would be proud of you cheesy
Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by shadeyinka(m): 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
aadoiza:

Wallahi, me never knew you were this bloody hilarious grin grin grin
I'm sure your prophet Saul (a Jesus hater) would be proud of you cheesy
Wallaji ta lahi
Aadoiza's temperature is beyond boiling!

Have a cold shower and a good day.

On a serious note:

We needn't quarrel: this is the first time we're coming across each other. We are both different but it doesn't mean we should quarrel over our differences. If I was born in your family, I'll probably be a Muslim and same with you.

Peace!
Salaam aleikum!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Bans Preaching In Public Schools by aadoiza: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Wallaji ta lahi
Aadoiza's temperature is beyond boiling!

Have a cold shower and a good day.

On a serious note:

We needn't quarrel: this is the first time we're coming across each other. We are both different but it doesn't mean we should quarrel over our differences. If I was born in your family, I'll probably be a Muslim and same with you.

Peace!
Salaam aleikum!
Na! This is not the first time. We've entangled before, so to speak. In fact, last December I mentioned you on an argument with MuttleyLaf to back me up but you never responded. I even referred to you as one of the most honourable Christians here, which you have resoundingly confirmed now. You can look it up.

Me just wanted to get naughty today ni..

Peace
Wa alaykum salam

(1) (2) (Reply)

NECO: Candidate's Result Not Found. / Olivia University Burundi: A World Class Alternative For Nigerian Students. / Covenant Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.