Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks (307 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Pictures Of Late Pope Benedict's Body Lying In His Home Chapel (Photos) / Onye Eze At Father Mbaka's 24th Priestly Anniversary Celebration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by JOSIG: 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
CNN has reported that the plans of the Catholic Pontif, Francis, to ease priestly celibacy has received a knock by Ex-Pope Benedict XVI who said that he can no longer remain silent and watch Pope Francis ease this centuries old tradition that prohinits Catholic priests from getting married.

It is widely reported in different countries that some Catholic priests are engaged in child molestation and other sexual offences hence this present intervention by Pope Francis.

However, Benedict's position seems tnot to have gone down well with many Twitter users who expressed their belief that getting married is preferrable to committing sexual offences by priests.

Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by socialmediaman: 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Would be a heated debate worldwide. Perhaps next is female priests, someday there may be a debate on why some gospels and books were excluded from the Bible, list is unending. Observing...
Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by Racoon(m): 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
-"But I speak this by permission & not of commandment.

For I would that all men were even as I myself.But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

-I say therefore to the unmarried & widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn...."
1 Corinthians 7:6‭-‬9 KJV
The Holy Bible is explicit about this issue.Let nobody be confused about it.Weldone Pope.Minimize this pervasive sexual behaviours among the catholic celibacy priest that is embarrassing the church.
Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
As long as the black pope agrees, there is nothing he can do.
Catholic priests are number one child molesters worldwide.
They spread gayism like wildfire.
Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2020
its like saying marriage is the cure for a casanova.. we all know that's not true...

only sick people have sexual desire towards children, it isn't their restriction from marriage that makes them rape little children
Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2020
I believe the church is changing but the beauty about being Catholic is know that your priest is your responsibility.

By the time they start having wives and children, it may bring Christianity to its knees
Re: Pope Francis Considers Abolishing Priestly Celibacy. Ex-pope Benedict Kicks by Ezekiel36vs28: 12:21am On Jan 16, 2020
Which of the Christianity will it bring to its knees?The true Christianity is actually coming in now through those God has sent.all rubbish things will be phased out and peter,Paul,John and other apostles preached will come in not this rubbish by the Roman Catholic
7thLemonLOVER:
I believe the church is changing but the beauty about being Catholic is know that your priest is your responsibility.

By the time they start having wives and children, it may bring Christianity to its knees

(1) (Reply)

Children From GOD Fearing Virgins / Nike, Apple, Ferrari Reopen After Tb Joshua's Coronavirus Prophecy / Observe how you feel after consuming bad Foods/drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.