Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

6 Undeniable Reasons People Hate SEO - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Undeniable Reasons People Hate SEO (586 Views)

Does This Post Contain Hate Speech? FACEBOOK NEW Policy To Nigeria IPS / Rate, Hate And Drop Reviews About This Newly Launched Blog / What I Hate And Love About Most Bloggers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Undeniable Reasons People Hate SEO by AloyalNigerian(m): 12:44am On Jan 16, 2020
It is no longer news, I believe, about how important SEO has grown over the years. As a matter of fact, Google seem to be major player dominating this sphere. This is not surprising because it is the biggest search engine worldwide and the most used. Hence, it dictates the tune to which every SEO must dance to. Google is seen as the standard.

You are probably one of the people who believe SEO is unfruitful and the big players and early adopters have dominated the juicy keywords. Or you might be like me who believe that while I do the right thing, I don’t have to pay specific attention to any SEO tips. Where do you fall?
Meanwhile, you should check out other good reasons people hate SEO.

Let’s start!

It can be unpredictable

There is an algorithm behind Google that makes it do whatever it does. Unfortunately or fortunately for us, as the case may be, it is becoming more brilliant as the day goes by because of the volume of data available. It refines this data and teaches itself by itself (lol) how to do the right thing.
Hence, because of the unpredictable nature of Google, most people dislike SEO. We have seen cases of blogs that went under the water and never came back to shore as a result of a major update made to the algorithm. Sometimes, a little readjustment at the right time may avert any disaster.

Other times, the algorithm update may affect a particular niche of websites e.g. Sport betting sites. It is so unpredictable!
Google may do everyone the priviledge of announcing these updates or they may keep mum about it while they let SEOs detect these changes based on fluctuations seen in their site data.

In other words, a strategy you may have to ditch away a strategy that you have already begun work on no matter how much you have devoted to it.

Requires a lot of work initially

For a new blog, you are required to start running your blog with the consciousness of the presence of SEO. Oftentimes, most of the things you have to do can be stressful and difficult. But I bet it can’t be as difficult as it would be for an old blog that is just starting to take SEO into account.
This is why I said, SEO requires a lot of work initially and even more work later on, because you have to be on the lookout for new updates to the algorithm so you can make the necessary jump if you don’t want to drown with the sinking ship.

In addition, if you craft out a very nice SEO strategy, the stress and pain will be worth the numerous gains you will get in the long run. This is only attainable if you have a valid plan.

There’s no instant gratification

Unlike what people may expect from SEOs, there is no instant result for every task completed. It takes time for search engines to actually notice your effort, take note of it, analyze it and determine if it’s good. If it’s okay, then the results will start to show gradually.

For instance, a newly published content does not just rank and top the SERPs overnight. No! It does not happen and it will never happen, sorry. To rank high with time, your content needs to offer true value to the readers which Google can detect based on the number of shares the particular post is getting in the social sphere, as well as the amount of time they are spending on that particular page. This does not just automatically push you to the top of the page for major keywords, however, it may do so for long-tail keywords which I strongly suggest that you use, other factors exist which you must cross before the magic happens.

There is no two ways about, it takes time. As a result, I’d advise you to be beware of SEOs that promise to perform that kind of magic to you. It doesn’t exist anywhere. Even IF it does happen, trust me, it will be short lived and you risk getting your blog flagged by Google.

Consequences of the actions perpetrated by Black Hat SEOs

Sequel to what I told you earlier, SEOs coming to you with the promise of getting your website to top the SERP ranks are most likely going to do SEO tricks known as Black Hat SEO for you. This may generate the result you want ASAP but when the SEOs are gone, you will be the one to bear the brunt whenever Google comes knocking on your door and there will be no one there to save you.

Now, people who are victims of this act may feel Google is unfair. A friend of mine had the same issue with his music blog, a blog he started to allow people to download music from. While achieving his aim, he was infringing on so many rights and he was reported to Google a good number of times before Google decided to penalize him. Guess what he got? His blog disappeared totally from Google search engine where most of his traffic comes from.

Now, he had to start afresh. In his own case, he was aware of the consequences of his actions right from time but he decided to do otherwise. Still, he is blaming Google for his predicament.

Popular keywords are already dominated by big brands

It is always in the rules of the game; “Those who have a lot of cash to spare will lead, while others will follow”. This is very obvious on SERPs, big brands have already dominated the major keywords, aside this, they also spend a lot of money on PPC to still put their brands ahead of small folks like us that are putting a lot work into content marketing.

They outrank and outspend their competitors. That’s the game. All these are not meant to scare you, because there are cool ways around this that can make you get your own fair share of traffic. The top on this list is the use of long-tail keywords. The benefit of using this type of keywords is that it is not broad, but very specific and target the right audience.

That is, if you are spending on ads, it will be minimal and very effective. In like manner, if you are trying to rank naturally for these keywords, it will be easier for you. They are commonly called a sort of ‘low hanging fruits’.

You are too focused on Google

Yes, I know! Google is dominating the search engine space and they dictate the tune to which every developer must dance to bla bla bla bla bla. Yea, I said it earlier and I am saying it again, so do not try to tie my hands with my own words. LOL!

To be frank, there are some situations where people don’t even make use of Google before they achieve their goal. Twitter is a search engine. Quora is a search engine. Yelp is a search engine. Facebook is a search engine. Youtube is a search engine. Pinterest is a search engine. Amazon is a search engine. Yikes! There are so many search engines out there aside Google that people still use to get things done. Though, the numbers may be small, but they can still work for you.

What I am trying to say is that you target your prospective clients directly from those sites and they will find you easily using their search engines.
Think of a scenario where you are about to make a purchase and the first thing on your mind is to get people’s opinion, so you headed to Nairaland, after weighing your options and already armed with adequate information on what you want, you can go directly to the e-commerce store where you will make your purchase based on what people have said.

Do you understand? If you do, then paint other scenarios through which you can direct traffic to your website by actively bypassing Google. Chart out a course, create a strategy and work on it.

I wish you luck!

CONCLUSION

SEOs who overpromise and underdeliver are everywhere, I have seen them during my daily interactions with people here in my country, Nigeria. I have also seen people from other countries who do the same thing too online. Nigerian bloggers and all African bloggers generally who are still unaware of this should be informed now and stop wasting funds on irrelevancies.
SEO is way beyond optimizing your website for Google or any other search engine on its own, but rather,. It’s about optimizing your presence across the web (that is, on all available and applicable channels).

source: https://seojagaban.com/6-undeniable-reasons-people-hate-seo/

(1) (Reply)

Unblock Your Website On Facebook / Cheapest Way To Grow Your Youtube Channel / This Is How Google Ranks Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.