Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek (11004 Views)

The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri / Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower / Newsweek London Claims Goodluck Jonathan Believes Buhari is dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by nijabazaar: 10:49am On Jan 16, 2020
BeachLife:

You still did not refute any claims ,just ranting. All progressive and developed nations on earth practice true federalism. All states in the US, Canada,Australia ,etc are autonomous .
Nigeria is a third world shiithole and will never be a developed country in 1000 years. The multitude of injustices will always ensure internal sabotage .whatever infrastructure you think has just been built will be vandalized within 3 years .
I support autonomy for all ethnic nations, and with that I don't care if the entire West Africa is one country. That's my absolute final conviction. This is my last comment on this thread. I made my point and you know deep down it's the truth .

I've created about 9 mock flags for Calabar ,though I haven't decided yet but I really like this one below . I think all ethnic nations should be autonomous and have their flag and hung sided by side with whatever federation its part of ,whether Nigeria or West Africa.

Pls tell them.

Super power ko. super power ni

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2020
babasolution:

many of you are just repeating stereotype tales about nigeria,nigeria is undergoing massive construction all over,many highways and superhighways are being built,electricity is being improved upon,as for pipe borne water its generally a non issue,most homes and buildings provide their own water,there are also many state water works with more being revamped,expanded and more being built,you are living in the old nigeria

Shut up you think you are talking to a fool? Construction where ? Show me a single plant being constructed and please don't mention that Audio Mambilla.. show me one state capital that's constructing a water plant , show me one new road that has been created in Lagos State in the last 20 years ? A country that I am seeing sponsoring Fulani militia , arming hunters to protect regions , brazen electoral malpractice, grand nepotism , daily escalating poverty , with 80 percent of it's budget going to reccurent expenses yet you want to deceive me that Nigeria is on track , Yes Nigeria under the rudderless leadership of Buhari is on track to be another Somalia for sure with a totally failed police system , injustice , visionlessness . Please you can keep decieving yourself but I am smart enough to see where this shithole is headed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 10:51am On Jan 16, 2020
Susu888:
We surely are getting there by God's grace... a few more years with another willing president like Buhari or someone even better is all we need.

The world's first black superpower...Mehn! i like the sound of it already. cool

Buhari willing ? Buhari that has dragged Nigeria to the stone age willing ? Receive sense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by CSTR2: 10:56am On Jan 16, 2020
I wonder why rossike did not highlight the most important part of the article.

Buhari is not the type to bring about the economic growth.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by CSTR2: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2020
Susu888:
We surely are getting there by God's grace... a few more years with another willing president like Buhari or someone even better is all we need.

The world's first black superpower...Mehn! i like the sound of it already. cool
Did you read the article?

They said a more liberal leader like Jonathan is what we need.

Buhari cannot bring about the economic growth.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by babasolution: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

Shut up you think you are talking to a fool? Construction where ? Show me a single plant being constructed and please don't mention that Audio Mambilla.. show me one state capital that's constructing a water plant , show me one new road that has been created in Lagos State in the last 20 years ? A country that I am seeing sponsoring Fulani militia , arming hunters to protect regions , brazen electoral malpractice, grand nepotism , daily escalating poverty , with 80 percent of it's budget going to reccurent expenses yet you want to deceive me that Nigeria is on track , Yes Nigeria under the rudderless leadership of Buhari is on track to be another Somalia for sure with a totally failed police system , injustice , visionlessness . Please you can keep decieving yourself but I am smart enough to see where this shithole is headed

i no get strength to argue with you abeg,if you like see only evil,good will pass you buy
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2020
babasolution:

i no get strength to argue with you abeg,if you like see only evil,good will pass you buy

Can't even spell by you want to argue with me . Take it from me you are not enjoying life or Nigeria more than me ..I am the one insulated from your typical Nigerian suffering ..keep deceiving yourself okay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Olominira(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2020
Oshigun:

What truth you m0r0n. You and that character are both anti-Nigerian haters and highly tribalistic nepotists so you both would never recognise the truth if it is a huge rock perched on the end of your nose permanently. My point is that people like you and the kettykin character should not come here tainting every interesting topic with your anti-Nigerian and Anti-Yoruba/Fulani/Hausa bile. Go to Biafra world (or whatever hate forum Kanu and IPOB are affiliated with) to spread your toxic garbage. They will receive you well there.

Actually many of these guys saying rubbish haven't left Nigeria, they only listen to one sided and brainwashed news. Someone said dumb population, he's surrounded by dumb people doesn't mean Nigerians are generally dumb. Whenever I look at my inner circles; family, friends and colleagues, they're just smart people.
I don't know why so many dumb things making comments here are allowed in the first place. They're quick to say bad things about the country. Whenever I see some of the things they say online, I ask myself are these people too dumb that they don't have basic reasoning abilities? Someone said on a thread that it's better living in bus in the UK than Banana Island. You'd begin to imagine how unfortunate sharing same passport and Nationality with such fellow
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by DavidEsq(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ilaw25:
Long turanci
That's how u know it's a lie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by babasolution: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

Can't even spell by you want to argue with me . Take it from me you are not enjoying life or Nigeria more than me ..I am the one insulated from your typical Nigerian suffering ..keep deceiving yourself okay

ok o
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
Oshigun:

Bruv, you are the one with nothing to offer because you are a creature of hate. The world would beg to differ if asked to comment on your retarded statement. Do you know how many sectors Nigerians excel at and tower over others in? In the UK, after Indians and Asians, Nigerians are some of the finest migrant brains and achievers in the IT sector. The NHS nko?

Even in Africa, which nation can match Nigeria in literature, entertainment et al? Is your statement not then a retarded one that can only emanate from a hateful mind? Seun should do more to auto-ban you Biafrans and IPOBians from this site because you are not even constructive critics. You guys just come out with extremely opinionated statements of negativity even children cannot take seriously. You add nothing positive to discussion here and are incapable of proffering solutions because failure is all you wish for Nigeria. I don't know why more Nigerians don't speak against the antics of your ilk here.

Ewu "Nigeria has nothing to offer". Who does then? The Egyptians, South Africans or Ghanaians you mumus praise as doing much better than Nigerians when evidence on neutral grounds contradicts this, and Nigerians outshine all others, because it is innate ability that takes an individual far and allows him/her to stand out?

http://africanvoiceonline.co.uk/70-most-outstanding-nigerians-in-the-nhs/

SA entertainment industry is richer than nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by IronGalaxy: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
Austine1213:

SA entertainment industry is richer than nigeria
also far more diverse
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
IronGalaxy:
also far more diverse

Yeah
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
BeardedMeat:
A dumb population.
I guess you fall into that category
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
Oshigun:

Bruv, you are the one with nothing to offer because you are a creature of hate. The world would beg to differ if asked to comment on your retarded statement. Do you know how many sectors Nigerians excel at and tower over others in? In the UK, after Indians and Asians, Nigerians are some of the finest migrant brains and achievers in the IT sector. The NHS nko?

Even in Africa, which nation can match Nigeria in literature, entertainment et al? Is your statement not then a retarded one that can only emanate from a hateful mind? Seun should do more to auto-ban you Biafrans and IPOBians from this site because you are not even constructive critics. You guys just come out with extremely opinionated statements of negativity even children cannot take seriously. You add nothing positive to discussion here and are incapable of proffering solutions because failure is all you wish for Nigeria. I don't know why more Nigerians don't speak against the antics of your ilk here.

Ewu "Nigeria has nothing to offer". Who does then? The Egyptians, South Africans or Ghanaians you mumus praise as doing much better than Nigerians when evidence on neutral grounds contradicts this, and Nigerians outshine all others, because it is innate ability that takes an individual far and allows him/her to stand out?

http://africanvoiceonline.co.uk/70-most-outstanding-nigerians-in-the-nhs/

Stop bothering yourself with those children born in hate and may probably die in it if they don't change.

The magazine is foreign owned and the reporter is a foreigner too.
In the body of discourse, Nigeria was likened to China and India decades back with their huge population and poverty.
The reporter and those he interviewed feel that Nigeria would go same path and would become a future superpower going by the examples of India and China.

But due to the hate in their souls, they already felt that Nigeria was being referred to as a superpower already without even reading what was being talked about, just saw topic and the hate and bile started flowing from the innermost of their hearts and souls.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
Rosskii:

India has terrible roads and power shortages. Half the population is illiterate. Yet they are developing. SO IS, and WILL NIGERIA. And if you can't stand to hear that, go jump into the River Benue.
Most of those haters are losers in life and they know they can never make it again and that's why they pray everyday that Nigeria will go the way their lives are going, they would never want to hear anything good about Nigeria except bad ones.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Rosskii:

Absolute garbage. I don't blame you. Indomie goat. You don't realise how developed the country is even today compared to 30 years ago. The country is developing before our eyes. If you'd visited Awka or Uyo or Asaba, or Calabar or Owerri in the 1970s, they were just glorified villages. Today they have expressways, universities, flyovers, shopping malls, modern hotels, international conference centers etc etc. We, the older ones can see we are developing. Your problem is you are young, and don't know from how low a position we are coming.

If you'd told someone in Uyo in 1975 that Uyo would one day have a world class stadium, flyovers, expressways, and shopping malls, they would have looked at you as though you were mad.

We've always had your type who cannot see beyond their pessimistic noses.... You are nothing new.
Most are younger than the indomie generation and definitely would never understand
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

You will wake up and vote an empty vessel bereft of any vision or ideas like Buhari then come and say you want Nigeria to be a super power in ten years , Sir the joke is on U . In 2030 Nigeria will not even have 10 thousand megawatts of electricity neither will any state have potable water supply , in 2030 Nigeria will be known as the Somalia of West Africa where regional militias control regions and very weak Federal govt holed in Abuja doing nothing
Agreed but all the curses you heaped on Nigeria would start and be restricted to only your village and you'd be in your village to enjoy it till it last.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Olominira:

Actually many of these guys saying rubbish haven't left Nigeria, they only listen to one sided and brainwashed news. Someone said dumb population, he's surrounded by dumb people doesn't mean Nigerians are generally dumb. Whenever I look at my inner circles; family, friends and colleagues, they're just smart people.
I don't know why so many dumb things making comments here are allowed in the first place. They're quick to say bad things about the country. Whenever I see some of the things they say online, I ask myself are these people too dumb that they don't have basic reasoning abilities? Someone said on a thread that it's better living in bus in the UK than Banana Island. You'd begin to imagine how unfortunate sharing same passport and Nationality with such fellow

Indeed. This is why I always appeal to them to please leave us with our "Zoo". They should go to their numerous forums of hate to discuss the Utopia they are 'developing".
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by googi: 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
Another future prediction when we are all gone!
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
Area4Area:
Most of those haters are losers in life and they know they can never make it again and that's why they pray everyday that Nigeria will go the way their lives are going, they would never want to hear anything good about Nigeria except bad ones.

Correct talk bro. I am a Lagosian and I have seen Lagos transformed vastly in the last two decades for the better. I stay in Ikeja, Surulere and VGC regularly so I am competent to judge the spread of infrastructure. All three places have pipe-borne water and electricity for around 18 hours a day. This was a mirage 12-15 years ago and I remember having no light for 3 to 5 days back then actually in the same houses I use now.

Haters will hate. Go and check out Eko Atlantic (I go past it almost daily) and the place swells your head with pride. Simply fantastic and Africa's answer to the Palms in Dubai. Such ingenuity is coming here and becoming the norm. Dangote refinery will kill one of our perennial problems overnight that has been the bane of our development forever i.e optimal refining of crude to meet domestic need. Now we will do that and still have surplus PMS and other refined derivatives of crude to export and sell for foreign exchange. Plus copious amount of natural gas to aid power generation.

Next 20 years and Nigeria will effectively be comprehensively and well-served by rail transport. Many diasporans are coming back and moping up areas of slack in healthcare, entertainment, IT, property development, service sector, hardware sales etc and making themselves a fortune in the process while unimaginative haters only want to remain moaning negatively. Some many positives we are seeing first hand . If losers, as you correctly identify them, want to remain hating , instead of positioning themselves to benefit from an oncoming period of greatness for Nigeria, then goodluck to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
Area4Area:
Agreed but all the curses you heaped on Nigeria would start and be restricted to only your village and you'd be in your village to enjoy it till it last.

Wake up and face reality , I didn't curse Nigeria but only predicted the outcome of today's level of governance that people like you support ...Ask your self Buhari has been in power for 5 years already how come he has made a tangible positive impact in any sector , a man that did nothing but catalyse blood shed and injustice in 5 years yet you expect he will make a difference in 3 years left? Dude this is why I am fucking rich and you are not , you always lie to yourself and I don't

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Area4Area: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

Wake up and face reality , I didn't curse Nigeria but only predicted the outcome of today's level of governance that people like you support ...Ask your self Buhari has been in power for 5 years already how come he has made a tangible positive impact in any sector , a man that did nothing but catalyse blood shed and injustice in 5 years yet you expect he will make a difference in 3 years left? Dude this is why I am fucking rich and you are not , you always lie to yourself and I don't
I knew it before you started pouring your hate and bile, it was all because of Buhari and not because you can't see the improvement taking place.
PDP kept you where you are for 16 years and of course, they are saints and you still wanted more of PDP but Buhari is already a demon for just 5 years and refusing to transform Nigeria into a Dubai and Singapore combined.

Let's not derail the thread, it's a reputable international magazine and the reporter isn't a Nigerian as well so you can take your bad belle to them and allow Nigerians who still believe we'll get there someday be.

@bolded, rich people don't boast or show off, only kids and low lifers do so on an anonymous forum where you don't even know who they're dealing with
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
Area4Area:
I knew it before you started pouring your hate and bile, it was all because of Buhari and not because you can't see the improvement taking place.
PDP kept you where you are for 16 years and of course, they are saints and you still wanted more of PDP but Buhari is already a demon for just 5 years and refusing to transform Nigeria into a Dubai and Singapore combined.

Let's not derail the thread, it's a reputable international magazine and the reporter isn't a Nigerian as well so you can take your bad belle to them and allow Nigerians who still believe we'll get there someday be.

@bolded, rich people don't boast or show off, only kids and low lifers do so on an anonymous forum where you don't even know who they're dealing with

Guy I am rich and I boast and I will get richer so hold innuendo to your chest man ..so I should pretend I am not a Nigerian 1 percenter ,you lie
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
GamalNasser:

You are such an immature child and a charlatan. You are rich and he is not ba? Do you know him? Who assumes they are richer than others on an anonymous forum except losers and liars? Real men who are winners at life don't validate themselves in terms of what they own. Their character, which cannot be bought, is their strength and riches you cannot quantify in terms of money.

You are a fool and the type my dad warned of when I was a kid. My dad used to warn me and my sibling about developing our character through reading to enhance our minds and thinking ability rather than chasing money and wealth alone. He would say that when you eventually become rich and are in a room with many as rich as you, or even richer, what makes you stand out if not your character which is individual and what people will use to set you apart from your wealthy compatriots? Genuinely rich folks, if they have great character, don't brag about their wealth or see it as a told to demean or oppress others with.

If indeed you are wealthy then you are likely a drug dealer or Yahoo yahoo boy because you lack character and sophistication.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by GamalNasser: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Oshigun:

You are such an immature child and a charlatan. You are rich and he is not ba? Do you know him? Who assumes they are richer than others on an anonymous forum except losers and liars? Real men who are winners at life don't validate themselves in terms of what they own. Their character, which cannot be bought, is their strength and riches you cannot quantify in terms of money.

You are a fool and the type my dad warned of when I was a kid. My dad used to warn me and my sibling about developing our character through reading to enhance our minds and thinking ability rather than chasing money and wealth alone. He would say that when you eventually become rich and are in a room with many as rich as you, or even richer, what makes you stand out if not your character which is individual and what people will use to set you apart from your wealthy compatriots? Genuinely rich folks, if they have great character, don't brag about their wealth or see it as a told to demean or oppress others with.

If indeed you are wealthy then you are likely a drug dealer or Yahoo yahoo boy because you lack character and sophistication.

Oga I am richer that you , your father and grand father , take it from me , I am not a drug dealer, I am an innovator like no other , even you speaking I am 100 percent sure i collect your 5 naira every day so keep quiet ..I worked hard and suffered hard to get where I am so no useless Godforsaken Buharist can put me down ..you too small ..your father said you should read but I bet you and your father there is no knowledge from physics to nature to animals to logic to interplanetary to rockets or jet engines that y'all are more knowledgeable than me so cool down . Oga my God given intelligence no be here trust me ..your father warned you grin grin so I should now..Dude there are 2 billions fathers on Earth and they only mean anything to their own kids . Wake up
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by selemempe: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
Lmao I see yorubas unity begging on this thread with impunity...lol

Let's see what our GDP will be when oil finish first before we start talking about superpower Dom

South Africa is decades ahead of us in almost everything
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by ATTemi: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
Shut up!
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 5:35am On Jan 17, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
[s][/s]

IT'S LIKE YOU ARE MAD OHH!!!!
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:51am On Jan 17, 2020
EmekusTHEgreat:

IT'S LIKE YOU ARE MAD OHH!!!!
your father is the mad person. Since you don't have home training.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2020
GamalNasser:

Oga I am richer that you , your father and grand father , take it from me , I am not a drug dealer, I am an innovator like no other , even you speaking I am 100 percent sure i collect your 5 naira every day so keep quiet ..I worked hard and suffered hard to get where I am so no useless Godforsaken Buharist can put me down ..you too small ..your father said you should read but I bet you and your father there is no knowledge from physics to nature to animals to logic to interplanetary to rockets or jet engines that y'all are more knowledgeable than me so cool down . Oga my God given intelligence no be here trust me ..your father warned you grin grin so I should now..Dude there are 2 billions fathers on Earth and they only mean anything to their own kids . Wake up

You're a fool and a childish brat. Go and play with your mate. Internet billionaire.
Re: Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
your father is the mad person. Since you don't have home training.

I was contemplating your madness, you've proven to me that in truth you are mad!!..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Aspirant(prof Kingsley Moghalu) Delivers A Lecture In Fupre / Otedola/Lawan $620K Bribery Scandal Probe Hits Dead End / Sacked Plateau Lawmakers: Thousands Take Mass Rally To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.