Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

They Are Not Better Than You, They Are Just Courageous - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / They Are Not Better Than You, They Are Just Courageous (366 Views)

A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / Debate: Money Better Than Education (support Or Oppose) / Certificates Are Just Papers: Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Are Not Better Than You, They Are Just Courageous by yinkuscious(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2020
They are not better than you, they are just courageous.

Have you ever been in a situation where you're scared to pick your client's call or to call your clients?
Have you ever been in a situation where you're holding your phone for over 30 minutes, rehearsing what to say to the client you want to call, while your heart keeps beating fast?

I have been in the two situations above, and I was later disappointed in myself after calling, because I made a mountain out of a plain ground.

There was a time I delayed calling a prospective client for over 2 weeks because I wasn't confident enough.

When I later called, he happened to have been expecting my call.

I have been in an Executive Director's office, where sweat descended on my like rain immediately I was called in for a meeting.

When I started my service presentation to the Director, he was willing and eager to award the deal to me immediately.

The truth is, fear will not get you anywhere, it will only keep you in the illusion of your insufficiency.

Fear will not allow you progress, it won't allow you make those calls to your prospective clients.

Fear won't allow you enter that office as a stranger, whereas they might currently be in dire need of your service.

Those you think are doing well than you, they're probably not better than you, they are just courageous.

They will go to those places you're scared of going. They will make those calls you're scared of making. They will introduce themselves to those people you're scared of introducing yourself to.

If you're one of those who won't launch your product/service because of what people will say or think, then you need get delivered from the demon I'm talking about.

Courage will make you knock on doors that are not opened (politely). The worse any man will say to you is either a yes or no..lDon't close your mouth, when you're to open it.

There is an experience only you can offer this world and if you don't, the world may never experience it. You are that important. There is an experience only you can offer this world and if you don't, the world may never experience it. You are that important.

To the emergence of your courageous self.

Source
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2729976620421683&id=100002281149798&set=a.104990212920350&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1579156676278543&ref=m_notif

1 Like

Re: They Are Not Better Than You, They Are Just Courageous by yinkuscious(m): 10:52am On Jan 16, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: They Are Not Better Than You, They Are Just Courageous by lakesidepapa(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
Word of Wisdom and Truth...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazon KDP Mentor Needed. / Alexander Von Humboldt Research Fellowships 2021 For Post-phd Researchers -€4500 / Make 20k Online For Just Reading And Commenting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.