Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Baby Girl Who Was Given Just Hours To Live After She Was Taken Off Life Support - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Girl Who Was Given Just Hours To Live After She Was Taken Off Life Support (425 Views)

Babajide Arije Dies Of COVID-19 Hours To 60th Birthday In Lagos (Photo) / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Lady Returns To U.S. On Life Support After Going To Mexico For Plastic Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baby Girl Who Was Given Just Hours To Live After She Was Taken Off Life Support by stellapatu: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2020
A baby girl born with a serious heart condition, who was deemed a 'miracle' for surviving after she was taken off life support, is about to celebrate her first birthday.

Phoenix Da'Vine, from Temple Hills, Maryland, was diagnosed at birth with a double outlet right ventricle, a heart defect that makes it difficult for blood to throw through the body properly.

After undergoing two surgeries, she went into cardiac arrest when she was just seven months old and had to be placed placed on life support.Fearing that Da'Vine would spend the rest of her life in hospice care, her mother, Monique Goldring, made the heartbreaking decision to take her daughter off of life support in April 2019.

Doctors gave Phoenix just six hours to live, but those hours turned into days, weeks and now months.

Phoenix is currently at home and - although she's on oxygen and taking a slew of medications - she will turn one year old in less than two weeks.

Goldring gave birth to Phoenix via C-section on August 25, 2018, after developing pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication characterized by high blood pressure.

'I had migraines for like a week straight and my mother was like: "You're going to the doctor",' she told DailyMail.com.

'They found out I had pre-eclampsia - and I had a clean bill of health my entire pregnancy - so they decided to do a C-section then.'

Phoenix was born full-term, weighing seven pounds and two ounces. While Goldring was in recovery, the nurses performed a routine check-up pm the newborn.

They found her oxygen saturation levels were extremely low and detected a heart murmur, so she was admitted into the neonatal intensive care unit.

Phoenix underwent an echocardiogram shortly after and was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition called double outlet right ventricle (DORV).

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/baby-girl-who-was-given-just-hours-to-live-after-she-was-taken-off-life-support-is-alive-four-months

Re: Baby Girl Who Was Given Just Hours To Live After She Was Taken Off Life Support by Kingpee2(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2020
Stay strong dear,God of miracle and wonders will visit you ...

1 Like

Re: Baby Girl Who Was Given Just Hours To Live After She Was Taken Off Life Support by kestolove95(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2020
She go reach 67

(1) (Reply)

Reject Being A One-minute Man & Last Longer On Bed With Mascum Herbal Pride. / First African To Be Diagnosed With Coronavirus Also Becomes The First To Recover / Convid19: Deeperlife React To Allege Holding Of Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.