Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association (927 Views)

Lucky Igbinedion's Son Graduates From China University With Top Honors (Photo) / Edo Revokes Deal With Igbinedion Varsity Over N350m Debt / 4 Igbinedion Varsity Teachers Die In Auto Accident. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2010
Medical Council bars UNIBEN, Igbinedion varsity graduates from association
News Dec 6, 2010

By Victoria Ojeme
ABUJA—Worried by increasing number of quack doctors and dentist in the country, the Chairman, Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, Dr Roger Makanjuola, has announced the suspension of membership of graduates of medical departments of  the University of   Benin and Igbinedion University, Okada, citing poor learning  infrastructures and overcrowding .

He also urged the Chinese ambassador to Nigeria checkmate the influx of fake drugs to the country from China.

Dr. Makanjuola, who disclosed this at the commissioning of the council’s new secretariat in Abuja, said the council would deal firmly with the charlatans in the system, adding that probe into other universities would soon follow.

“We are determined to deal firmly with the substantial number of charlatans in the system. These charlatans are  are a great danger to the people of this nation.

“They deceive people into subscribing to treatments that are ineffective and often dangerous , their interventions also lead to delays in seeking proper medical attention,” he said.

Makanjuola urged doctors and dentist who are yet to register with the Master Registered Dentist in Nigeria to do so on or before December 31, 2010, to enable their names be on the 2011 new register.

On the influx of fake drugs into the country, Makanjuola said “we have to meet with the Chinese Ambassador to stop this rubbish being brought into this country.

“We cannot afford to have sub-standard  equipment in this country, we have developed a set of minimum standard for doctors and dentist.

“It has been observed that some institution standards have fallen in terms of good standard and quality equipment, that is why these two universities’ health department is being closed for poor facilities and many more will follow as soon as we are through with our investigation because they have failed to meet the Nigeria standard.”

Minister of Health, Prof Oyinbuchi Chwuku, expressed concern about maintenance of medical equipment, and called on medical personal to ensure high standards in all parts of the profession “We need to police our self better and regulate ourselves, we can not keep blaming other people when we import toothpick, lets ask ourselves what have we done or produce,” the minister said.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2010
This is terrible news.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Blazay(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2010
ABUJA—Worried by increasing number of quack doctors and dentist in the country, the Chairman, Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, Dr Roger Makanjuola, has announced the suspension of membership of graduates of medical departments of  the University of   Benin and Igbinedion University, Okada, citing poor learning  infrastructures and overcrowding .

This is good news. Serious quacks.
But, why penalize the students when the schools are poorly funded?
See the so-called labs and classrooms.
Not fit to house chickens and goats.
Unfortunately, we now have more road-side native doctors.

Left to me all the universities should be shut down.
Who goes to school in Nigeria these days?

See the kind of tenses and grammar we have on display on NL.
You can only imagine what kind of procedures these quacks carry out on unsuspecting victims.

Some could not even spell or pronounce the organs they intend to operate on. cheesy

"Panchantic cancer" instead of pancreatic cancer.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by igbobuigbo: 12:25am On Dec 07, 2010
Shey papabrowne talk here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-557357.0.html say Edo produces the highest number of medics in Nigeria. So it is all fake: quantity no quality.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 07, 2010
My cousin studying medicine in Igbinedion university will pay 645 000 for this session but what I can't understand is the poor quality of service delivery by the university despite the huge amount the university realizes everyday.
Uniben have had problems with accreditation of some medical courses though the school still offer such courses.
I just they solve the problem as soon as possible.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

My cousin studying medicine in Igbinedion university will pay 645 000 for this session but what I can't understand is the poor quality of service delivery by the university despite the huge amount the university realizes everyday.
Uniben have had problems with accreditation of some medical courses though the school still offer such courses.

That is about $4,300.Not really a huge sum for medicine.I weep each time I visit any Nigerian university.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by igbobuigbo: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

See this poor man. Your mates are paying not less than $19K and you are crying over $4K+?
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 07, 2010
Abagworo:

That is about $4,300.Not really a huge sum for medicine.I weep each time I visit any Nigerian university.
Comparing the charges along side the educational quality,I doubt if the money is really worth it.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by DisGuy: 12:42am On Dec 07, 2010
Oh please, stop comparing American/overseas prices with Nigeria- doesn't make sense at all

Always knew these so caled 'private' universities people call on to take over tertiary institution are themselves not well governed!
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Abagworo(m): 12:45am On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Comparing the charges along side the educational quality,I doubt if the money is really worth it.

You are right because the standard is not even worth $2,000 in the first place.Our Universities need to step up or shut down.
Re: Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 07, 2010
igbobuigbo:

See this poor man. Your mates are paying not less than $19K and you are crying over $4K+?
See how fooolish you are .so those that paid 19k don't get value for their money ? Ode

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Invited To Join BRIC; “BRIC” To Henceforth Be Called “BRICS” / Almajiris Turned Against Pastor Who Haboured Them And Burnt Down His House / Awo’s Shoes Too Big For Me, Says Ogd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.