Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,041 members, 7,859,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nsukka Is About To Set The Pace For Political Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nsukka Is About To Set The Pace For Political Revolution (332 Views)

Tinubu Sets The Pace With His BBC Interview - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders. / Under Ojuelegba Flyover, Now A Center For Political Conference & Stadium (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nsukka Is About To Set The Pace For Political Revolution by mrroy91(m): 12:55am On Jan 17, 2020
NSUKKA ARISE; THE TIME IS YOUTH O' CLOCK.

Having lived the entirety of the years of my life in Nsukka, from a kid raised in Agu-umabor; a community that has never seen electricity, pipe-borne water, motorable roads nor any form of government presence at all till date, and with the epidemic of extreme poverty, to a teenager who combined secondary School education with wheelbarrowing and being a bus conductor, for six years in ogige market Nsukka, to loading and unloading of timbers and building materials in timber shades. From becoming a student union leader in UNN to a youth leader in Enugu state and also having transversed the nooks and crannies of Opi, Ede-oballa, Lejja, Obimo, Ikwoka, Edem, Alo-uno, Okpuje, Ibagwani, Okpaligbo, okwutu, Anuka, Obukpa, Nsukka and my home town Eha-alumona. I am in a privileged position to say that I have lived and seen it all, the good, the bad and the ugly life of Nsukka people and still living with the day to day sad realities of irresponsible leadership, I have come to the conclusion that those elected to manage our collective resources and chart ways for our future over the years do not really care about us.

They are predators and they see us as nothing but preys. They have continued to shortchange and mortgage our future in the hope that we will forever be their slaves and remain comfortable with crumbs from their dining tables while they and their children feed fat on our collective patrimony. They bank on sycophants for daily praise singing and ego massaging but we are not sycophants. They bank on the silence of the conformists but we are non-conformists. They bank on the fear of the surpressed but we can never be intimidated out of our future. Simply put, It is not going to be business as usual anymore because all of us in the constituency of the ordinary people of Nsukka and Youths constituency are now knowledgeable enough to see beyond their antics, hypocrisy and wickedness. Hence we must unite to chart a common course to emancipate ourselves from the shackles of nepotism, blind loyalty, maladministration, godfatherism, cluelessness, and corruption in high places in Nsukka LGA.

Borrowing inspiration from the words of Jawaharlal Nehru:
At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, Nsukka will awake to life and political consciousness. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a people, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to the service of Nsukka and her people and to the still larger cause of humanity through massive and inclusive development for all.

It is on this foundation that I let out a passionate call to the Youths, the ordinary people of Nsukka, students, and parents who believe the future belongs to their children, the artisans, businessmen/women, intellectuals, civil servants, professionals, labourers, Okada riders, drivers and all well meaning people of Nsukka, both indigenes and settlers to join hands with us to make Nsukka great for all of us and the future generation, through our *3 point agenda of*

*UNPRECEDENTED YOUTH EMPOWERMENT

AGRICULTURAL REVOLUTION and

INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT*

These will serve as the blueprint for the massive liberation of our people.

Together we can!
Together we shall!

My Name is *Ekwueme Roy Ifeanyichukwu Oformaonyejiya Chukwumaluijem* and to the glory of God I am presenting myself to serve you as the next Nsukka LGA chairman under *Advanced Allied Party AAP*

*This is our time. The Future is here.*

(1) (Reply)

Brief Summary Of Imo 2019 Governorship Election Result (photo). / Northern Group Backs Operation Amotekun, Demands ‘operation Shege Ka Fasa’ Read / Sad!!! Nigerian Police Allegedly Tortured And Brutalized Man To Death (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.