Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (24749 Views)

Lives Of Former Governors After Office / Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Picture Of Arrested Isis Leader On Way To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2007
Big B1  stop this mess, the man that will arrest the IGP has not been born yet.  and for what crime will you arrest a God servant?  a man with dignity, I'm not in the mood to argue today please.  On my way to Bahamas.

And BIGB1 you are invited to Nigerian reunion in Dallas Next month, at least I can make some money off you, im oI'm of the sponsors.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 4:01pm On May 31, 2007
I hear Lucky Igbinedion was harrased by the public in Benin, and that his father has had to put up an apology (a banner) on ring road (the centre of town)
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2007
Una done start with this rumor. Amebo don start, grin grin
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by tlops(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2007
I think Yar adua should just move on there is no much need trying to witch hunt cos it will only take time and money.(personal opion)
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by chidichris(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2007
i will consider it kool if he grants presidential pardon to all that have commited crime in the past administration and those who will in his administration rather than follow the footsteps of his predecessor in his selected justice.
if he wants to arrest and persecute let there be no secred cow(s) otherwsie we will all call him by the same name for which we know obj.
if this thread is about those who are surposed to be arrested then topmost in the list should include; obj, ibb, bode george, tony annenih, adidebu, Chris and andy uba, adenuga and others will follow.
any list that does not include the above mentioned names would need a labouratory test to be confirmed geniue.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by mazaje(m): 9:19am On Jun 01, 2007
With speculatuons going around that names like Saminu Turaki,James Ibori and Adamu Aliero are on the list of ministerial nominess i wonder if any body will be caught for corruption.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by McDoe(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2007
Why Adenuga, What has this man done? Why not mention Dangote's name? This man was given licence to build a private refinery since 2002 but instead chooses to buy the ready made ones. Not only that, he has bought over virtually everything that belongs to the state. Is Adenuga therefore worse than Dangote?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Una done start with this rumor. Amebo don start, grin grin

Na the rumour when i hear o! grin wink
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2007
ok, let see who do you want them man to arrest. Is it ibori that spends 3billion on the cmpaigne of a president who never made a speech. if i may ask what are his agenda for this nation, i guess your answer is as good as mine taking the nation backward by appointing Kingibe as the SGF. Duke a former governor to be a minister, sam egwu also to be pdp chairman, atah to also be in his cabinet. this to me is recycling not governance.

If all the former governors are to work with this man who will they arrest is it my father who is just a poor driver.

Where is the generational shift they where talking about. Look this man never made a speech while campaigning Obj did that was why he has even started to pick people who will work with him while he was still in office. David Mark to be senate president when they havent even swear in the new president

Expect nothing difference from this administration. the truth is that just like the Military attitude in Obj came out alobg the line wo will the fanatic attitude in Yar'a dua come out be prepare for the reverse not forward.

The adiministration is already becoming a political thing not a national thing. the PDPD are just worried for their personal intrest not the nations intrest.

in a nation where PDP Has the highest number of incumbent governors who will they arrest. this governors contributed to the success of this man and they have an agreement to which is to wave their criminal offences aside.

So expect no arrest. Forget it we are seeing no arrest from a president who only made a speech now after swearing in that he has a sevenb point agenda why didnt he tell us when he was campaigning, to me then i taught Obansanjo was the one campaigning then i never new it was him.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2007
Somebody is talking about going forward alone. That is the mentality that is damaging the prospects of the African continent. We continue to run but forget that we can't hide. If you leave your country with the single aim of progressing alone and never come back then you are a FAILURE of the highest order. That is not how great nations are built (i.e by leaving it in the hand of some ignorant few. So we must work together either at home or away from home.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2007
Day number: 3

I haven't heard of any successful arrest!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by monkeyleg: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2007
You guys should all calm down. Let us wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. It is just too early to tell. My mum called me this morning to say that there was the possibility of Ibori being a Minister. Well my initial reaction was one of anger, at some point I was tempted to walk the streets naked in protest, but after a cup of coffee and some reasoned thinking, I thought to see the publication first. At the mo it is only The Tribune carrying such story.

Let us wait and see if the President is as stupid as appointing such known thieves or if it just plain rumour.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by ono(m): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2007
Big B1:

I bet you'll only hear of unsuccessful arrests. Lets just wait and see. Just one month, and then we shall see who we're dealing with in Umoru.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by McKren(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2007
Big B1:

Whats the countdown about?? and what are you celebrating

That war on corruption is coming to an end?
Or that yaradua may lack the will to continue the fight
Or that Ribadu is falling?

Tell us what you are celebrating?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2007
Dont be so confused darling, PDP and their cronies aint worth a thing!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Mckren:

I'm not trying to celebrate anything, read the introduction of the topic.

The intro says it all, my friend.

Is EfCC an alarmist organization?
What was really behind this OBJ war against corruption?
Who are the corrupt officials and who are not?
Where is Fayose?
How come Dariya came back to disappear again?

I've said this many times, Yaradua is not stupid, he knows what's up. The last thing this man needs is to get himself involved with OBJ left over mess.
Every single politicians (present or former) in Nigeria are corrupt; this is a known fact. And this is also the reason why these governors are not frighten by EFCC noise.
Too many are Too corrupt for Too long.

It is absolutely a rat race war and a waste of time.

The purpose of this war against corruption was to stop Atiku and it has been accomplished. Ribadu already got his bonus, life goes on.

Nobody will be arrested; but you just never know, I may be wrong.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Razorr(f): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
You guys are living in dream land! LMAO.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by McKren(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
@BigB1

I have heard you, but those are just your oppinion.
The Yar'adua govt you are talking about is only 3days old. They don't have a policy yet, they are even yet to set up a Govt. as ministers and members of cabinet are yet to be named.

Just cool down, though I do understand he is romancing the IBBs. Heard General Salihu is being groomed by Gen Abdulahi mohamed to take over mid-way. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.
No need to celebrate too early.

However if I had access to Yaradua I will have only one advice for him, borrowing Tony Blair's statement,
"Leadership is not about following conventional wisdom or being guided by the snapshot of latest public opiinnion, it is about acting out of conviction for what is right". Blair went on to defend this argument by suggesting that the problem with listening to public opinion is that the public don't always agree.

Yaradua talks about being a listening President, which is a good thing. But I hope he does not get so enmeshed in public opinnion and political correctness and forget to do what is right for our country. It is better to fight corruption and become unpopular than to remain popular and not fight it.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2007
Posted by Mcken:
Leadership is not about following conventional wisdom or being guided by the snapshot of latest public opiinnion, it is about acting out of conviction for what is right".

McKren:
Please, delete that Tony Blair's statement. The statement means absolutely nothing.
Tell him to cover his ass with banana leaf.

He's part of Iraq war disaster and he should be ashame of himself.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by monkeyleg: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2007
Mckren,

I like your position, and I do hope that for the sake of our country that things do start to look up. I think we will get a clearer picture of the sort of government Mr President would lead when he names his cabinet. That will really give nigerians an indication of the sort of person he is.

I do hope however that is it just a rumour (THAT IS JUST RUMOUR), that Ibori is going to be made a minister, except Mr president intends to create a new ministry for "THIEF THIEF", with junior minister Lucky Igbinedion
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by monkeyleg: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2007
Big B1,

Dont make me laff, whats this bit about Tony covering his ass with banana leaf? dont forget banana does not grow in Europe. By the way we are not discussing Tony, but not to jump to his defence, I think he was in a very very difficult position, and most British leaders would have found it extremely difficult not to have supported Gun Ho Bush in his crusade. It is a very complex issue, not near as easy as how Nnamani got away. By the way has anyone seen Mr Ribadu?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2007
YAR ADUA is on his way to self destruct if he is counseling with people like IBb and ABDUSALAM already on vital issues. He should be his own man and not take any advice from this two criminals. What can he gain from talking to this old politicians that should be cooling their heels in ALAGBON?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2007
Patience my people, Patience! The abracadabra continues. Give us 6 months and we can really tell where Nigeria is going since we survived OBJ and his tricks.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

YAR ADUA is on his way to self destruct if he is counseling with people like IBB and ABDUSALAM already on vital issues. He should be his own man and not take any advice from this two criminals. What can he gain from talking to this old politicians that should be cooling their heels in ALAGBON?
Honestly I don't know what he's doing with those two especially IBB(the biggest crook in Nigeria's history) that man is no believer in true democracy just like OBJ. I hope Yar'Adua do not allow himself to be misled.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by fromuk(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
Leadership is not about following conventional wisdom or being guided by the snapshot of latest public opiinnion, it is about acting out of conviction for what is right the same Tony Blair said that he has learnt his lesson and will start to lister to voice of the people. This was after realising that he made a mess of his personality in the war in Iraq.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2007
Day number: 4

Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by tlops(m): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2007
Pls where is his hand bag (vice), no one is talking about him,
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by tlops(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2007
well there can be no successful arrest, the only nsuccessful arrest or intended arrest can only be aimed at atiku. but i think nothing usually comes out of such.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
I have learnt from reliable sources that there will be no arrests grin
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2007
angel101:

I have learnt from reliable sources that there will be no arrests grin
What is your reliable source? I think there should arrests, unless OBJ is afraid of being exposed now that he has no immunity.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Adurangba(f): 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2007
Characteristically Nigerian- the guy asks for names - but instead - people talk talk talk making no meaning to the thread.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2007
Day number: 5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Binta Safiyanu, Wife Of Yunusa Jikamshi Dies After Taking Concoction / Buhari Receives Alex Ekwueme's Family At State House(photos) / Controversy Over Armoured Vehicles Seized In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.