Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss (2711 Views)

I Need Dark Souls Ps3 / Dark Souls Mobile Edition / The Dark Souls Clone: Dead Cells Is Coming To Mobile!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2020
Dark souls 3 is an amazing game that very little ppl seldom play for sakes of it being a soulsborne. I was fortunate to finish it with no small help from my online pals and I thought it nice, to share my opinion on most of the 25 bosses in the game. Particularly, those ones I was sweating through my buttcrack for andcompare with those that I didn't suffer so much fighting.

Here are my list of 25 sheer boss fight in ds3

1.) Sister friede and father ariandel

location: ariandel chapel in the painted world of ariandel dlc

alias: mean bitch, holy virgin mother of pain, sf

strength: frost scythe, dark energy, embers

You know that feeling when you think you have met one easy pale humanoid boss with little movesets and a scythe weak to hollowing spams that you can walk into the ariandel chapel basement with head held high at how you intend to rape your next boss - well, that's sister friede.

img: friede inside the chapel as an npc before you unlock the hidden chamber containing father ariandel

This cold wench will repeatedly warn you to leave the chapel and the painted world of ariandel back to the fire fading land of lothric. Lol

But once you unlock and step into the secret room that houses father ariandel behind and below the staircase hidden by the statue beside sister friede, you'll be greeted by a cut scene where father ariandel tells Ariandel: "I see flame. Flame, flickering, once again. Not enough blood yet shed. My flail.... Bring me my flail. Ahh, Friede. What stops thine ears?
Please, my flail, right away!

(When he notices you)

(Ariandel): Ahh!, oh!! Bring Friede to me, please!!! Canst thou not see? The flame, flickering once again? Soon it will surge. I can see it, feel it...

(Friede appears, this time as boss)

(Friede): "Fret not father, we have no need of thy flail. Tis only the flame, quivering at misguided Ash. Please avert thine eyes. I will snuff out these ashes for good."

img: when she unveils the scythe of death

Her first phase becomes somewhat challenging after slashing her life to half. You will notice she uses a unique blindspot trick. Where once she steps out of rich of your blade, she will activate her teleportation jutsu where she becomes invisible and jumps to your immediate back.

Now note that as if looking for her all over the arena is not punishment enough. She will be charging her scythe for a fast unmissable smackdown attack on you.

Your best bet in this fight's 2nd half of the first phase is to always close in the gap when she becomes invisible as to look at were the snow jumps from and quickly turn the camera around to notice any disturbance/turbulence in the snow behind you.

Once you notice that and the area of the disturbance, close in on that area and she will just reappear in view lol charging her scythe. After you catch her like so, quickly interrupt the charge attack and finish her with a hollowing sword spam. End of phase one.

Once she dies a cut scene begins where father ariandel sitting on his chair gives into madness at the realization that his mistress is dead. My guy resurrects her with fire all over the arena.

img: it becomes a duet

This begins the phase 2.

This time father ariandel and sister friede will be sharing the same life and attacking you. Sister friede will be using her icicle scythe spell attack that induces frost damage while Father ariandel on the other hand will be rolling all over the area with his big golden pot and leaving lava behind him. Focusing only on father ariandel should easily get you a smooth sailing through this phase and both of them will die

Yet again a saddening voice of a narrator in the background interrupts your celebration vibe and starts chanting: "when the ashes are two the flame is allaigtened"

img: with ariandel dead, friede returns embered

Only for sister friede to reappear with a mean streak speed and black flame pyromancy. Infact in this 3rd phase she's called the "black flame friede." By the time you get to this part I assure you, you are halfway dead all your estuses would be down to 5.

The only way I could pass this 3rd part was because I summoned one online sunbro (game faction of dudes who help you with boss fights) from Canada lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2020
2.)the king of the storm and the nameless king

alias: tnk, what fuckery is this, pain personified, gesundheit

strength: lightning, levitation

The 2nd and last boss fight for most in the base game is located in archdragon peak

This fight for some is the most difficult base game boss. I mean he is lightning fast has literally no weakness and up to 10 different moves. To even get to this part of the fight you have to beat his stormdrake (Dragon he rides) called the king of the storm.

Nameless king is however very easy to read and once you get his moves. You'll beat him time and time again on subsequent playthroughs with maximum 3 tries.

He is known to punish improperly timed dodges.

img: tnk on his noble stead about to rain down his lightning spear

When you get to half of his life. He'll add lightning summons to his list of attacks.

Again you have to ensure you don't give this son of a gun breathing space and you'll come out victorious.

Let me warn you prepare to die atleast 29 times before you master the king of the storm move set. Then After you master it,
Then prepare to die 70 more times assuming you don't die each time to the king of the storm again before you can best nk lol

img: tnk leaping into the air to escape camera field angle

But once you figure out how to defeat his stormdrake and himself you gain tremendous confidence to come over and retry the fight in subsequent new games

img: tnk with his lightning swordspear
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2020
3.)Dancer of the boreal valley

location: high wall of lothric after killing the priestess emma in front of the ladder into lothric castle

alias: shove that shiny knight ass in my face again, waltz dancer, slo-mo fucker

strength: flaming sword, dark sword, dancing steps that'll make ashen one envious

The 3rd most difficult boss suprisingly is dancer of the boreal valley. For some unknown reason I died 5 plus times in ng+3 to her, someone I normally beat with eyes closed. There are hardly any summons for this fight.

she loves to swing her swords in a ballerina waltz whirlpool fashion as though she is dancing to the theme song in the background. Once you get her life down to 60 percent she'll reach out into the void and grab her dark sword. This is when the fight begins to get really interesting.

As before she'll continue to swing her swords but this time youll get double damage for each hit she lands. She'll now do fire and dark damage

img: dancer wielding flame sword getting ready for a mean stab

If you stay too far she'll take a big leap and close in the little distance between you two. The key is to Persevere and only hit when you can see her armor plated buttocks facing you. Hit her with your sword for a maximum of two hits and run back. Wait for another opening and close in the gap.

She has this slo-mo attack where you can see her hand reaching out to grab you and smack you down with a following flaming sword vertical stab. This does the most damage in the fight however it is very easy to dodge.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2020
4.)Darkeater midir

location: after the bridge encounter he falls to his lair in the bottom abyss in the ringed city dlc

alias: Purple Dragon, wrecking ball, midir, tank, Laurence 2.0

strength: mad ass long health, impenetrable Dragon armor, breathes fire, breathes fire followed fast by laser.

4th on the list has to be from the ringed city dlc. Darkeater midir. Lol this purple Dragon is the most difficult tank boss in the game. His life pool is insane. Think of him as the dark souls version of bloodborne's "Laurence the first vicar."

This colossal Dragon not only makes the pace of the fight slow but gives little time or room for openings. You'll find yourself attacking behind his hind feet and his tail or below his neck, his chest or his snout.

img: dark eater midir summoning skulls from the beyond

Expect him to charge at you with stomp attacks from his fore limbs or sometimes charging at you like a wrecking ball similar to "ebrietas daughter of the cosmos" from bloodborne. He also sometimes leaps into the air and breathes fire unto the arena in half an arc.

He not only breathes fire he shoots lasers after the fire in a circular motion trying to triangulate your position and scorch your little ass. Thats for the first half of his fight.

Lol need I mention the laser leaves a trail of explosive that will still blow up along the line like ignited trail of petrol

img: laser breathe

If you manage to still be alive up to the second phase, he will summon dark aura around him and he changes his moves completely.

He can now summon floating skulls that home in on your location while he's still at liberty to screw you over with frequent swipes and bites.

You need to kill him to be able to become a member of the spear of the church covenant.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:36am On Jan 18, 2020
5.)Soul of cinder

alias: hybrid, 5 in 1, the last guardian

strength: powers of all lords of cinder as well as gwyn the first Lord of cinder who linked the first flame.

Fifth on the list has to be soul of cinder. The physical embodiment of all the lords of cinder combined.

You must be prepared to die and die again. Cos if you enter his premise you'll be swarmed by his unrelenting attacks and notice the ease with which he changes moves to mimick each of the prior defeated Lords of cinder.

The only time you can actually touch him in his first phase is when he assumes a sorcerer's stance.

Even if you manage to get his life to 0 he will assume a squat position and refill his life with a whole new set of moves from sungod gwyn. Signifying the commencement of the second phase.

He can now summon lightning to strike you dead and will use two long as fvck swords to attack grin

If anything, miyazaki meant this fight was to be played multiplayer. As there is a summon from yuria of londor if you initially played through her quest to become the Lord of hollows. This fight is easy as fvck when you split responsibility as while one person distracts him while you attack from behind.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
6.) Champion gundyr

alias: terminator, come get some, gundyr 2.0, bout to get your ass kicked.

strength: surprise attacks, speed, reach

6th will have to be champion gundyr
This colossal behemoth is the same creep you beat in the introduction. Except he doesn't transform to the rat like sewer monster and is located in the outskirts of the lothric castle where no sunlight touches as everything is pitch black. This place is called the graveyard.

This guy is a force to reckon with as he's designed to identify when you are most vulnerable and attack. What that means is that if for any reason he catches you drinking an estus flask it is that time he will rush to stab you with his fvcking spear.

In fact the only way out is to identify when he is doing multiple combos and quickly drink a flask in between. The guy has a relentless charge attack that he can use to land a 3hit combo with his feet if it hits draining all life at once. Or he can jump and land with a spear attack at your direction which would be the time to get 2 hits in and run.

Once his eye go red at 60% life his efforts become doubled and he will hardly give you breathing space. He reminds me of drunken master, so flexible like the wind. Lol I died innumerable times to this guy.

Your only saving grace is knowing when to dodge appropriately. No online gamers can be summoned for this pitch black fight...You are on your own
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
7.) Pontiff Sulyvahn

location: in a temple by the church of yorska in irithyll of the boreal valley

alias: hrrummmph! Rraggh!!, dodge this, be very afraid

strength: flaming sword, sword of judgement, independent shadow sidekick

This boss is located in the beautiful crystal land of irithyl of the boreal valley. He is believed to be the vicar that rebelled against the weak prince of lothric. Forever banished to his church. Never leaving it and waiting for ashen-ones to feast on.

This bad guy for some is more difficult than any boss in the game and rightly so because of his far reaching attacks from his profaned sword and flaming sword. Yes he bears two magnificent weapons that he swings with lightning fast speeds leaving you dead in a poorly timed attack.

The reason why I carry him to this position is because his life pool is incredibly small lol. If he had a life pool like darkeater midir ppl will complain so much about solo-ing this fight. Another flaw about this fight is you can summon additional 2 npcs to help you fight him and his clone lol.

Yes he has a clone...which acts like that boss in chronicles of Riddick with two souls. The clone tells you what Sulyvahn's next move will be lol except the clones moves actually cause damage when dey hit.

Sulyvahn activates this clone once you get his life down to 55%. The clone has it's own separate life force as though he's a mob. But killing him will only doom you as Sulyvahn moves go back to not being telegraphed

The occasional hummphhh!!! Rrraaaahummph!!! you hear him mutter will guide you on how to dodge this son of a bitch
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 7:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
8. ) Lorian and lothric, twin princes

alias: the cripple and the sorcerer

strength: teleportation, sorcery, pyromancy, sheer brute strength.

The beginning of this boss fight is somewhat symbolic, as it's the only boss fight in the entire base game that the enemy has an actual conversation with ashen-one. As you walk into the hall you'll notice a hooded figure on a large pulpit saying

(Lothric) - Oh, dear. Another dogged contender... Welcome, unkindled one. Purloiner of cinders. Mind you, the mantle of Lord interests me none. The Firelinking curse, the legacy of Lords -- let it all fade into nothing. You've done quite enough, now have your rest.

Gives you a feel of how bad the Lord of cinder resents the idea of linking the fire once more. While Lothric says all of this, a crippled figure emerges from the shadows. He is seen to be wearing a crown and crawling. This is Lorian, elder prince (lothric's elder brother)

This begins the first phase of the battle

Lorain immediately teleports to your location and swipes at ashen one with his flaming greatsword. He always takes two quick swipes and pauses to decide if to teleport at your direction with a mean stab or teleport farther away and attack with a charged magic spell.

The aim of this phase is to honestly conserve as much estus flasks as possible and get his life bar down to the zero mark. Dont count on running around too much as when you least expect he will teleport above you and lounge his sword down with a slam attack.

He can also make fire arcs and beams that home in at ashen ones location.

Once he succumbs to your whims, another final cut scene begins this time lothric(still on the pulpit) will say: Oh, dear brother. I am on my way.

Then he is seen to cast a teleportationspell that moves him to Lorians dead body where he casts a resurrection spell on him and says:

My brother, unyielding sword of Lothric's Prince, rise if you would. For that, is our curse.

After which Lorian wakes up from the dead, with frail lothric clutching his arms around Lorians neck and the glistening splintering light of an embered Lord of cinder glistening their entire silhouette.

This is the second phase baby.

You not only fight an embered Lorian but his brother lothric teleporting alongside him will be sending terrible soul mass magic spell attacks that can one shot kill you at each time they hit. Not only that. Each time you manage to kill Lorian, lothric will resurrect him back and so the only true boss here is lothric.

Unfortunately the only time you'll get to swipe meelee damage at lothric is when he's busy resurrecting his brother. Those few 3secs are all you need before you have to run away and evade the aoc attack that is triggered when lorians resurrection is complete.

If despite the odds you manage to succeed, and lothric falls he will then say:

Mark my words, Ashen One. You remain among the accursed

Lol! One of the most amazing fights in the game I must add.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
9.) Farron's undead legion: The abyss watchers

alias: legion

strength: two better than one, divide and conquer, flaming sword

An amazing fight worthy of the number 9 spot has to be that of the abyss watchers of farrons keep.

They are the embodiment of skilful swordmanship, so much goes through your mind as a player against them as they can be unpredictable. This fight has the most melodious OST in the game matching so well with the atmosphere and tension this legion portray. They are the first Lord of cinder you will come across in the game.

img: embered abyss watcher

The fight of course has a first phase which begins with a cut scene of two watchers fighting each other(You see them standing over dead corpses of other abyss watchers atleast 60 bodies) One slaughters the mad one in the cut scene and suddenly turns to your direction.
The fight starts and the watcher slowly walks towards your direction ready to pounce.

The only good thing about this first phase is that there is ambient breathing space in the hall to avoid the watcher. Slowly he makes a few swipes at you but hopefully misses and you reply with a little 1 or two hits of your own but being careful not to sell yourself out to the butcher.

img: embered abyss watcher using flame attack

Next thing you notice is another dead watcher rises and joins this main boss to hunt you down. He has the exact same move set as the original watcher you started the fight with and killing him adds nothing to relieve the large health bar of the first abyss watcher you are faced with.

Your aim however should be to stay as far away as possible from two of them conserving stamina needed for running wildly from independent attacks from these psychopaths until eventually a third mad abyss watcher(red eyed) is resurrected and will keep them distracted while you quickly sneak back in to land 5 - 6 hits on the real abyss watcher you started the fight with before they eventually succeed in killing the mad one and turn their attention back on you

Once you successfully kill the real abyss watcher it ends phase one and a cut scene ensues.

All soul pigments from the dead legion are seen to rise towards the real legion you killed to resurrect him again. Only this time, with embers and a flaming bad ass sword.

In this phase 2, he will continually use fire-laced attacks on all lounges thereby dealing double damage on ashen one if they land.

The fight becomes riotously random and he hacks at your pathetic lifebar with every chance he gets leaving little room for you to breathe or gather stamina or even use an estus lol.

However with persistence the fight is surmountable.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
10.) The demon in pain, The demon from below and The demon prince

alias: deadly trio, demons

strength: 3 against 1, large as fvck health bar, hellfire scorch damage from the embered demon prince himself.

This fight is so weird and really pointless that all I could get from it was that they just had to waste a few bosses to guard the entrance to the ringed city. I wouldn't have minded if it was so but the fact that this fight was more challenging than half light leaves me abashed.

Diving from the earth within bonfire you land into a blood bath between two demons, demon in pain (red), demon from below (orange), when one of the demons is embered, he chases you around trying to land meelee damage. While the other joyfully hurls poison your way.

Even if you manage to kill both of them you'll still get stuck and run out of estus when the last demon you kill resurrectsas the 3rd demon Prince.

The demon Prince is a fiery magma conjuring Dragon like demon that actually flies.

For the demon prince fight I won't advice anyone to face it alone. Either go with lapp and Gael to help you conserve estus until you meet the tank hp wielding demon prince
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
11.) Slave knight gael

location: in the far future after princess filianore is awoken from her slumber by you.

alias: big red riding hood, old man with a big beard, low budget martyr logarius

strength: red cape does damage, lightning attacks, crossbow

This dlc fight is rooted in lore. It is required to obtain dark soul which you need to give to ariandel back in the rotting painted world so she can paint a new one. Remember Gael was whom is responsible for being sucked into the painted world in the first place.

It's so good to see him all charged up and buffed in the future from filianores rest fighting against you to have your dark soul.
Gael, Gael awesome boss fight has 3 phases.

The first ends after his health bar gets to 70%. He puts on a mean grimace and a dark soul ember enshrouds his clothing.

His attacks are followed fast by attacks by his swaying red cape as a result meaning you have to dodge his swipes as well as hits from his cape to effectively hit him.

The third and final phase begins when his life is below 35%. This time lightning strikes randomly at black holes that are formed from harmless skulls emanating from gaels silhouette as he attacks you. The lightning does damage, the cape also does a lot of damage and you still have to best him to get his dark soul.

This fight match although brief is really one tough fight in the ringed city dlc and worthy of the ultimate last fight title in the game.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 10:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
12.) Aldrich saint of the deep

alias: slime, gluttony, gwyndolin

strength: barrage of magic skill sets, always makes it rain, literally

This is perhaps the easiest Lord of cinder to beat and if you followed anri's quest to the latter you'll have prior experience with him in her own world, where as a wraith, you vanquished the devourer of Gods for her.
He's actually supposed to be a deacon lol but he swallowed so many ppl and children that he bloated like a pig. Anri and Horace are the only last surviving humans that Aldrich has not eating and so justifies that dey setoff on a vengeful quest to kill him.

Aldrich was originally supposed to be at the cathedral of the deep with his deacons but ever since the bell tolled and the Lord's of cinder left their moulding thrones. The bloated pig was moved to anor londo under pontiff sulyvahns decree lol

You journey to meet the creature has devoured the sungod gwyndolin(partially), who was held up at anor londo in hiding and can use her magic attacks at will. If you get his life to 50% he gets more serious and teleports to return embered and deadly.

His charge arrow rain attacks now follow you for 15secs and he is at liberty to send soul arrows your way amidst deadly swipes from his scythe.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
13.) Yhorm the giant

location: profaned capital hidden inside the irythyll dungeon

alias: hulk smash, king midas

strength: his collosal height, fvcking large health pool.

Ahhh yhorm, back in the day when I saw the fight on the trailer I was lost imagining how difficult it must be to beat him. I wiuld never have guessed that this colossal beastvwill come to kneel and grovel at the feet of the storm ruler.

How it relates I may never kniw but whomever put this weapon close to yhorms Thorne was God sent. He is the only giant lord of cinder so you can imagine his mad ass health bar.

Yet he came to bow at the mighty storm ruler

Just as anri and Horace seek the Lord of cinder, Aldrich; so also siegward seeks yhorm his old friend. If you follow siegwards quests to the latter, he will join you at the beginning of yhorms battle with his own great storm ruler sword.

Fighting yhorm alongside siegward is really a joyous sight to behold
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
14.) Crystal sage

location: crucifixion woods, outskirts of the bridge that leads to the cathedral of the deep from the roads of sacrifice

alias: Merlin, now you see me, now you don't

strength: sorcery spells(homing and lasers) all spells have looks like crystals

Everything about this guy, reeks of shady. Once you enter his arena he hurls his cloak like curtains at you and uses a sword rapier to cut through your life.
Unlike his clones and his brother up in the grand archives, he uses purple orbs and purple coloured spells.

It's sad to imagine the cunt thinks he can trick you from the 2nd phase by summoning clones with blue orbs. His attacks can be devastating when dey hit

He was believed to join the undead legion of farron to train them to use their weapon art much more ferociously favouring speed over spells. Which helped them to become worthy of being Lord's of cinder.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
15.) Champion gravetender and gravetender greatwolf

location: a beautiful shimmering Crystal arena linning the depths of the painted world of ariandel

alias: shaggy and Scooby doo

strength: double trouble, relentless wolf

These two are located in the most beautiful arena to fight in the game.the graveyards of the painted world of ariandel have snow and flowers to match the frosty environment. You battle champion gravetender first before his greatwolf pet.

That is to say while hacking away at champions health it's worthy of note that you try to finish killing him before his direwolf shows up. As both of them are difficult to take down simultaneously.

The direwolf is the real challenge her as it can one shot kill you. Once you hear its infamous howling a second time it's eyes will turn red beginning the second phase.

Nothing seems different except it now violently trashes it's head at your direction trying to send you on a life draining back somersault.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
16.) Deacons of the deep

alias: hail hydra

strength: numbers, dark magic, curses

These horde of Aldrich faithful are watching over his coffin in the cathedral of the deep. Only Got to know recently that the main deacon you kill is archdeacon Royce himself.

these guys are easily pushed over, the aim is to not let them crowd up on you and you should always strive to only kill the deacon glowing red. Once d 2nd phase starts you will see royce with his unique garb and fully buffed burly bodyguards lol. Your aim is to get to him at all costs and prevent him from cursing your ass to a quick death

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
17.) the curse rotted greatwood

alias: pregnant tree

strength: extra arm that grows forth from tree's navel

This was a fight I grew to loathe so much back in the day, cos I never seemed to make any meaningful progress killing this bugger in the undead settlement.
He's not difficult atall once you know when to avoid him especially in phase 2 when he occasionally throws in an avid fart

He has eggs lined about his groin lol which deplete a chunk of his health once destroyed. The first phase of this fight ends when his health gets to 60% as he lifts his lazy ass to destroy the arena to unveil an underground chamber.

This is followed by a sudden erruption of a mobile pale arm that homes in on your location as though it's a sentient object.
Perseverance is key as this bugger is easily defeated with little or no effort.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
18.) The old demon king

alias: pirate demon captain, sir staff alot

strength: hellfire spells, pyromancy at it's peak, Large health bar, performs harakiri

Walking into the smouldering lake beneath carthus you'll notice a lone graveyard on the left guarded by a centipede monster.
This is the rest abode of the old demon king who needs not be disturbed.

The one eyed king is a fire elemental that breathes pyromancy and souls. He is old yet quick to punish any attempt to slash your sword at it.

He begins the first phase with limited pyromancy such that you can always hack away at his tail when he's busy spraying molten magma from his mouth in an arc at where your shadow formerly was.

Once he notices you are making progress he starts doing incantations that generate fire circles that expand and will contract towards his staff which is their centre of gravity. More noticeable is the spell he casts were fireball meteors appear in the sky and start heading for your direction.

The old demon king is weak to black knight weapons so no sooner than later his life bar ends up below 30%. This is when he does something odd and sacrificed his embers and 15% of his health to create a giant explosion that can one-shot kill you if it gets you. I call it harakiri. If you survive that however, you'll find him on the floor weak unable to move waiting for you to continue to hack away at his life until it's all over

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
19.) Vordt of the boreal valley

alias: Emma's lapdog, attaboy, matador

strength: emits frostbite like dandruff

This is the second enemy you come across in the base game and guards the cliff from which you leave jigh wall of lothric to access the undead settlement.
It is all shades of horror and walks around like an armoured dog

The best spot to be as regards this fight is beneath his ass. For some reason, he finds it difficult to extend his mace to his balls area lol so while his trying to club you, you keep circumcising his nethers into the second phase.

In the second phase he gives off a shriek and starts secreting frostbite from his body. Staying under him becomes suicidal and he starts roaring at you like a bull to a Spanish matador. So all you have to keep doing is keeping your distance and making him come to you.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
20.) ludex gundyr

alias: sir rat-a-alot, champion gundyr without steroid

strength: can morph into a rat

This is the first boss you'll come across in the base game. And gives you an insight on the horrors to come your way.

It begins after you retract the sword buried in his chest. Lol he stands up, with a mean look on his face like you just disturbed his sleep and slash his spear at you.

After a while of hacking at his own life bar he suddenly brings out a rat monster from his body lol. Now you not only have to look out for his basic attacks but also have to prevent the rat from clawing at you or biting your head off.

Either way, this fight is actually relatively easy and child's play to the actual champion gundyr fight you will experience in the untended graves. How or what relates the rat to Gundyr was not explained but it was surely one reason to get your heart racing in the fight.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
21. High Lord wolnir

location: dark abyss trapped within a chalice in catacombs of carthus

alias: the vaping king, "always high, lord wolnir?", love-vendor and blings

strength: chimney. Can cause smoke inhalation burns

This guy is one of the easiest bosses to contend with although it can be a real pain in the ass when you don't hurry up.

High Lord wolnir has 3 bracelets, two on his left wrist and one on his right. These are the parts to focus on if you want to defeat this skeleton on time.

Yes, time is against you as the creepy bastard is a walking chimney, and is trying to lure you into having a feel of his chest opiates. No kidding, the smoke around his chest inflicts dark damage that hacks your life away on contact

This is why he's infamous for being a vaping king lol! The bracelets are what are keeping him latched on to the surface of the slippery slope, and each 1min wolnir will try to reach for the top of the slope which has a back wall.

Meaning he's sure as hell going to expose your lungs to his chest gases once you fail to break the bracelets.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2020
22. ) Dragonslayer armour

alias: rihannas umbrella

strength: brute force, lightning attacks

The boss is actually a suit of armor being controlled by a plligrin butterfly. It stands guard as you try to access the route between the ground floor of lothric castle and the grand archives.

It has a barrage of moves and can one shot kill if his axe lands a hit. The umbrella shaped shield is embarrassing and makes you wonder why such a strong opponent has a shield that's so big.

The difference I feel between dragonslayer armor and champion Gundyr is the fact that champion doesn't block attacks. He goes all out to reciprocate whatever little damage you landed on him, a thousand fold.

Dragonslayer armor can stagger his opponents with his shield and lounge a swift axe slam on ashen one's head.
He can also hurl boulders by slamming his axe on the arena ground. He occasionally adds lightning charges to buff his attacks but only at phase 2 will he really enforce that.

Much like champion gundyr his eyes go red and his pacing seen faster and more fluid. As well as line his axe and shield with more lightning. Best fight for summoning a sunbro if I might add.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 12:23am On Feb 20, 2020
23.) Oceiros, the consumed king

alias: scaleless oddity

strength: sorcery spells, frostbite

Apparently, he's the father of lothric and lorian and was once king over the land of lothric. He claims to have yet fathered another son, ocelotte, son of dragons and continually makes reference to that during the epic fight. Maybe that's why his left upper limb is bent as though it holds a baby. However this is not so; for he is a mad king, consumed by his obsession to have a son of higher blood power.

He wields a staff in the first phase of the fight and uses it to make ice crystals that inflict curse damage. He is also seen to question where ocelotte has gone after much beating which might be proof that he was suddenly gaining insight to the grandiousity of his delusions.

However, he further gives into madness and becomes a quadripedal beast, dropping the staff. He will now chase you about the arena and bite like a rabid mongrel.

This fight is relatively easier when hawkwood the exiled joins you for the fight.

Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2020
24.)the ancient wyvern

alias: sayonara, target practice

strength: player's poor observation skill

When I first met this Dragon at archdragon peak, I was nervous and hacking away at it's claws only to realize my mistake that this old sap was to be ignored and killed from a spot above his dumb head with a plunging attack.

The problem however, was getting to this spot as the pathway is guarded by a lot of serpent mobs which pose the challenge for me.

After a day of faithful retries I succeeded in devising a method that completely ignores most of the chumps so I can get to the spot quickly.

Taking the plunge on the dragon's head and watching it's colossal health bar drain instantly was a calming sight to behold.
Sadly this same area with such an easy boss has the most sadistic base game boss in the entire game, the irony of it all.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2020
25.) Half light spear of the church

alias: make haste the judicator beckons

strength: spear of the church theatrics

This fight is probably the least impressive bossfight in the ringed city dlc.

It serves as a hindrance to further on to filianore's rest a few stairs above the church.

It begins when you step into the church to find judicator Argo making long ass threats of how it's forbidden by the kings decree that an ashen one steps foot in the church. This is followed immediately by him summoning half light to the arena to fight. If you are quick enough you can quickly land a few meelee hits in before he disappears and half light shows up.

This is the only boss fight where a human is the boss, her health pool isn't also much so most offline players tend to easily cheese her into dying horribly.

The bossfight can also be reset by going to the purification stone by lapp's house and spending 500 souls to return the judicator back. This makes for good soul farming.

Other than that this fight is the easiest in the entire game.
Re: Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss by Thegamingorca(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Personal favourite would have to be
Abyss watchers

(1) (Reply)

Minecraft Anyone? / Warning: Playing Video Games Online Can Be Deadly / Bidding for Government Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.