Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems (8503 Views)

Program Your Ecu ( Brainbox ) Here! / Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. / Training On Automobile Electronics, ECM/PCM/Brainbox And Hybrid Systems On Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by Femialasa: 5:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Pls nairaland I have been facing this problem with my rx400h hybrid Lexus with the fault code p0352.. several mechanics has drained me.. what can I do cos I'm getting fed up
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by davessales039(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ehybrid:

Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Space Wagon / Space Star / Carisma (1998-2003)
Trouble Symptoms: Misfiring, Loss of power, Damaged/burnt coils, No start.
Cause: Most common failure is getting burnt coils. No start may be due to water flooding or bridged wires in the car.
Resolution: If it has been determined by a competent auto tech that the ECU (brainbox) is faulty, the options available are:
1. Change engine, brainbox, and modify wiring (re-wire): this is the most expensive solution and seems to be the most common option given to the car owners by auto techs.

2. Change brainbox, immo box, and key: this is a cheaper option recommended also. The ECU, immo box and key set for you model may not be readily available but patience and diligent search has paid of for some.

3. Buy a replacement brainbox with same part number and match ECU to car: this was shied away from because the immobilizers of these cars could not be synced with a used ECU from another car. Syncing of these model years is actually possible.

4. Repair the defective brainbox: within the brainbox, there are transistor drivers for the coils. These drivers get shorted when the coil goes bad for any reason. Once shorted, replacement of the initially bad coil is of no use as the faulty drivers will burn/damage the new coils. A competent electronics tech with some auto wiring knowledge can identify and replace these drivers in the brainbox. After the driver replacement, simply plug in your brainbox and enjoy...no immo syncing is required for this option.

NOTE: For options 2-4 above, ensure the defective coils are replaced with good ones, else, they will damage the repaired or replacement brainbox.

Here are some pictures of these class of ECUs

Bookmarked
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by chadrain: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2022
Femialasa:
Pls nairaland I have been facing this problem with my rx400h hybrid Lexus with the fault code p0352.. several mechanics has drained me.. what can I do cos I'm getting fed up

Hello, do your car do any of these? Engine Light ON, Lack/Loss of Power, and engine may be harder to start.

Below are the Possible causes of the fault code.

Faulty Ignition Coil 2

Ignition Coil 2 harness is open or shorted

Ignition Coil 2 circuit poor electrical connection

Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by Kawakasi: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2023
Hello good morning, pls am having a serious issue in replacing my brain box, I can’t find the exact one that’s got spoiled, 89661-02C12 pls kindly help me sir.
Thanks
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by Idioha299: 11:29pm On Feb 10
Thank you guys for this intelligent update. Am new here and love the way informations as per car ECU is being discussed here
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by Idioha299: 11:31pm On Feb 10
[Thanks for the exposure
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by Idioha299: 11:37pm On Feb 10
Good evening guys. Please I need help with my car. I drive a Peugeot 206. Since this January, 2024. My car have been misfiring, loss of power while driving like throttling to get power but the car will lose power instantly, but once you turn off and turn on the engine, it will regain power again and speed up. This experience can be very frustrating. I took it to my mechanic cum technician who chorused that the fault is fuel pump. I bought same n changed fault persisted. Brought the car back and he said is nozzle. I bought nozzle and changed, yet same problem. He later advised me to change my brainbox with BSI which he tagged at 100k.

Any suggestions on what might be the really issue. Thanks
Re: ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems by jceesquare(m): 6:49am On Feb 15
Idioha299:
Good evening guys. Please I need help with my car. I drive a Peugeot 206. Since this January, 2024. My car have been misfiring, loss of power while driving like throttling to get power but the car will lose power instantly, but once you turn off and turn on the engine, it will regain power again and speed up. This experience can be very frustrating. I took it to my mechanic cum technician who chorused that the fault is fuel pump. I bought same n changed fault persisted. Brought the car back and he said is nozzle. I bought nozzle and changed, yet same problem. He later advised me to change my brainbox with BSI which he tagged at 100k.

Any suggestions on what might be the really issue. Thanks
He did all that without running a scan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Car Running / Overheating Problem With My Isuzu Rodeo / Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.