Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Study Leave - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study Leave (2326 Views)

Guide And Sample Of Study Leave Letter / Sample Of A Study Leave Letter / Sample Of Study Leave Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Leave by starz100: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
Good day all, how possible is it for a civil servant to apply for a study leave, to study abroad. If yes, what are the processes to follow, thanks
Re: Study Leave by s3nn2x(m): 3:08am On Jan 19, 2020
If you work in a Ministry and you are a confirmed staff, you can submit your application through the Training Department to your Permanent Secretary. You will need to attach the admission letter and other documents. It will be better if the course you want to study is related to your job.
Re: Study Leave by starz100: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
s3nn2x:
If you work in a Ministry and you are a confirmed staff, you can submit your application through the Training Department to your Permanent Secretary. You will need to attach the admission letter and other documents. It will be better if the course you want to study is related to your job.
Thanks a lot. It is a tertiary institution. Are there risks of leaving one's job to school outside the country, please I need more contributions
Re: Study Leave by s3nn2x(m): 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
starz100:

Thanks a lot. It is a tertiary institution. Are there risks of leaving one's job to school outside the country, please I need more contributions

It all depends on your institution. Why not ask your colleagues. Anyway, all I know is that as long as you have spent some time as a staff and have been confirmed, no one expected to prevent you from furthering your studies.
Re: Study Leave by Accurate5(m): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
starz100:

Write a letter to the registrar. Ensure that the letter is routed through your HOD and Dean (if you are an academic staff) or through your direct boss and the head of your unit - usually a deputy registrar (if you are a non academic staff). Ensure that a copy of your admission letter is attached to the letter (you'll be requested to provide the original admission letter for sighting, in the event that your request gets approval). Once your letter gets to the registrar's office, you should expect a decision on the approval or denial of your request within two weeks, provided that the administrative staff that will examine your file do not have a lot on their plates. I'd like to mention that it is easier to get approval if the course of study is relevant to your job description. Also, you'll need to have worked for two years and gotten a confirmation of appointment letter before you can be allowed to embark on study leave.

(1) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Moment Girl Woke Up To Find Snake On Her Bed In Female Hostel / 23 Facts About Dog Probably You Didn't Know / Scholarships, Free Assistance For Study In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.