Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,785 members, 7,862,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. (786 Views)

Please Advice Me On Nysc Exemption Letter And Discharge Certificate / Urgent!!pls Advice Me On Benek Engineering School Of Welding / Advice Me : Pharmacy or Physiology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. by amat: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hi all,this is my first time of posting a topic,am really bothered about this issue and i really need your advice.

I work for an organisation that helps recruit students abroad for studies,we have a huge branch network in Nigeria,the schools i represent in the UK, put in funds to my organisation here in Nigeria,based on what i highlight as the Marketing plan.

When these funds are approved nobody tells me,they keep dragging and delaying the whole process until there is little or no time to execute the marketing plan,and they would want me to lie/give the schools i represent the impression that i am actually executing these activities.

I joined the organisation not too long ago, i forgot to mention that ,now my numbers are not looking good and everyone is blaming me that i am not getting students for my schools where in actual fact i don't go out for marketing,i just stay back in the office waiting and hoping for students to come in,BTW am present in the north.

My boss even said it's my fault that i have not been calling the other offices to get students for me ,where in actual fact the reason why i was located in this part of the north was because it is a ''fertile'' market so to speak and nothing has been done or executed.

What do i do cos any thing i even propose to them they debase it with all forms of excuses just not to release funds.

Well i intend to write a mail come Monday this week to the Uk reps i report to detailing all that has been going on so that it doesn't affect me for my 2011 intake,please i need your advice what do i do,am totally confused and the bad part is that each time my line manager calls me she keeps saying,your numbers are bad and that is not good for you and i have asked her what do you want me to do,you guys should check your concscience.
Re: Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. by amat: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2010
PEOPLE !!!! 73 REVIEWS shocked shocked shocked NO ADVICE NA WAH OOOH!!! TO BA DAMUWA
Re: Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. by AjanleKoko: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2010
amat:

Hi all,this is my first time of posting a topic,am really bothered about this issue and i really need your advice.

I work for an organisation that helps recruit students abroad for studies,we have a huge branch network in Nigeria,the schools i represent in the UK, put in funds to my organisation here in Nigeria,based on what i highlight as the Marketing plan.

When these funds are approved nobody tells me,they keep dragging and delaying the whole process until there is little or no time to execute the marketing plan,and they would want me to lie/give the schools i represent the impression that i am actually executing these activities.

I joined the organisation not too long ago, i forgot to mention that ,now my numbers are not looking good and everyone is blaming me that i am not getting students for my schools where in actual fact i don't go out for marketing,i just stay back in the office waiting and hoping for students to come in,BTW am present in the north.

My boss even said it's my fault that i have not been calling the other offices to get students for me ,where in actual fact the reason why i was located in this part of the north was because it is a ''fertile'' market so to speak and nothing has been done or executed.

What do i do cos any thing i even propose to them they debase it with all forms of excuses just not to release funds.

Well i intend to write a mail come Monday this week to the Uk reps i report to detailing all that has been going on so that it doesn't affect me for my 2011 intake,please i need your advice what do i do,am totally confused and the bad part is that each time my line manager calls me she keeps saying,your numbers are bad and that is not good for you and i have asked her what do you want me to do,you guys should check your concscience.

Your story is kind of difficult to understand.
Are you asking for advice on whether you should blow the whistle on your Nigerian team members to the UK schools? Why aren't you marketing, is it because funds are not coming in to support the marketing plan? Do clarify.
Re: Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. by DisGuy: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
Why dont you sit down with your boss to discuss new ways of marketing especially in the North as it is different from the south- the culture and orientation there for foreign degree is totally different another thing is funding for most of them

Tell them you need funding to research your new location, go out for surveys so you know how best to approach your new market- in fact tell them to come up north if they are based elsewhere

were your numbers good before? why do you think it dropped

did you move zones?

perhaps it just dropped cos there are fewer schools taking students for January intake, theres always a rush for the September intake so maybe its just seasonal

ask for stats on previous agents that worked in your region or even where the head office is you might notice a trend with this period after September/October intake
Re: Is It My Fault: Office Issues,please Advice Me. by amat: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2010
@Ajanlekoko,sorry my post wasn't explanatory enough and yes i want to know if i should blow the whistle on them to the UK schools,yes i have not been marketing because they seem to think you wouldn't actually go where you plan to go daily and you would end up keeping the funds.

@Disguy,true talk,september/october intakes are really high compared to January intakes,but then just like you mentioned i need to do a research in this location.

Thanks guys wink

(1) (Reply)

It Business Manager – Junior/trainee / What Course Should One Apply For Masters In ICT Related Field / Export Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.