Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun (2020 Views)

Ondo: Agboola Ajayi Calls For Resignation Of David Oloyelogun / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Soyinka Slams Musa Balarabe Over Comment On Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
AMOTEKUN: TEARS FOR A RACE THAT SOLD ITS SOUL By Samuel O. Ajayi

Ajayi Says "If it was the Southeast that started a security outfit like Amotekun and the FG declared it illegal, it is Yoruba's Buhari e-slaves that would have been defending the pronunciation by the AGF." However despite the resistance from the North and FG on Amotekun, Igbos have stood and supported Yorubas.

Over Buhari, especially between 2014 and 2019, no tribe insulted me more than my fellow Yorubas.

In 2014/15 especially, if you didn’t join them in selling Buhari, you were either a paid PDP agent or you did not want the progress of Nigeria.

They created the impression, especially those in diaspora, that if you supported Buhari, you were GOOD. But if you opposed him, you were EVIL.

On many occasions, I read people, my fellow Yorubas, saying “your PDP paymasters.”

I have quite a number of Hausa friends but it would surprise you to know that these guys would just say “Said Baba” but my fellow Southerners would call you names for daring to criticise or write against Buhari.

After the Elections
Buhari won and my people “retained their jobs”. The “duty” of defending Buhari was carried on their (Yorubas’)heads. The MORAL SUSTENANCE of the Buhari Presidency was championed by same us. No one called us wailers more than our fellow Yorubas.

“Get over your loss” was said to me severally.
The first set to rediscover their brains did not do until after the Fall of 2016.

Close to 2019, many sold their brains back. Some of those who were criticising Buhari reverted to default mode. Suddenly, the song, “Atiku is a thief”, rented the air again.

I asked a cousin of mine who was always claiming he couldn’t vote Buhari again but started rooting for him why he was doing so and he said he had the right to change his mind.

He was right.

Just like the North was right to say Amotekun is illegal.

The crowd of “think-Osinbajo-vote-Buhari” has fizzled into air.

If it was the Southeast that started a security outfit like Amotekun and the FG declared it illegal, it is Yoruba’s Buhari e-slaves that would have been defending the pronunciation by the AGF.

The North never saw the Yoruba race as a stakeholder in the Buhari Presidency. We were used as tools to give legitimacy and an intellectual slant to a campaign that would have been rudderless but for the Tinubu’s propaganda machinery.

They used us to sell a product that would have been gathering simmering dust in the shelf of political redundancy forever. Those abroad caught the bug while those at home demonised their tribal compatriots.

As Amotekun is destined to be dead on arrival, we can look back and cry for a race that chose to hold the short end of the political stick while the longer end remained un-held.

Obafemi Awolowo, Adekunle Ajasin, Dauda Adegbenro, Ooni Adeyemi, Abraham Adesanya, Olaniwun Ajayi, Francis Adekunle Fajuyi.

I can see these men shedding tears as they watch helplessly a race they gave their all but chose to sell its soul.

And the tears won’t dry soon… – Hope For Nigeria

https://www.opinionnigeria.com/amotekun-tears-for-a-race-that-sold-its-soul-by-samuel-o-ajayi/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
He is not lying. If SE forms their own, Afonjas among Yorubas will abandon their Amotekun and join Hausa-Fulani to squash that of SE. Like they did against IPOB and their BSS. Similar thing you see here on Nairaland and other social media, they will cry injustice for Sowore but as soon as Nnamdi Kanu page is up, they start attacking and insulting and wishing evil on him, then afterwards run back to Sowore's thread and cry injustice. SMH

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by jimyjames(m): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
I pray the eyes of all Yoruba's open like the eyes of this man and FFK

7 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nukilia: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2020
Who is this one? Paid columnist... The herdsmen are trying to sow discord among the people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nukilia:
Who is this one? Paid columnist... The herdsmen are trying to sow discord among the people

E ka aro Afonja. They have entered with their foolishness!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Racoon(m): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
We all makes mistakes but the ability to learn from it should help to better our existence.The Yoruba race is blessed with many thoroughly educated intellectuals.

However, that many of them could demonized their fellow tribesmen over the choice of a well known catastrophe Nigeria have a president today tells that educational sophistication will never never translate to political sagacity.

Imagine VP Osinbajo/Fashola saying "vote APC to get the presidency in 2023" not minding the events between 2015 till date.VP doing tradermoni errands with a near-fatal chopper crash? Chai!

15 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Racoon(m): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nigeria has been in a difficult situation because of the activities of killer herdsmen.Mind you, these herdsmen have been labelled as the fourth deadliest terrorist group in the world by the Global Terrorism Index. They have carried out massacres in rural and agrarian communities, and have been emboldened enough by the slackness of state security forces to move into urban settings

The needless defence of the Fulani by Tinubu.By now, everyone would have noticed that the most strident defence of the Fulani over the herdsmen issue has come from southerners, particularly the YORUBA.

On the question of whether the Fulani deserve the stereotype of cold-blooded killers or not, the YORUBA people have wept louder than the bereaved.

....Today, the Fulani are resented, and not just because of the herdsmen issue but also because of the clannish- ness & tribalism of President Muhammadu Buhari who has more or less driven collective benefits in the direction of a selected class.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-defender-of-the-fulani/

5 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Guestlander: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nukilia:

Probably a PDP hack. What a dumb writeup. He didn't explain to us why Amotekun is a bad idea. Why the JTF and hisbah are legal and acceptable in the north.
It can never be a bad idea to protect yourself against a present danger.
He was even more concerned with what some people would say if Amotekun was started by ibos!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nukilia: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
Guestlander:

Probably a PDP hack. What a dumb writeup. He didn't explain to us why Amotekun is a bad idea. Why the JTF and hisbah are legal and acceptable in the north.
He was even more concerned with what some people would say if Amotekun was started by ibos!

We known people of his type, they exist everywhere...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Sirjamo: 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
We have been the pacesetters in Nigeria since centuries ago, we always start before others follow. Amotekun is another first, the igbos are welcome to ride along with us but we do not need their support before we can secure our land!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Ritchiee: 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nukilia:
A blogger.
His article is dead on arrival.We don't need this now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by baby124: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
All these low grade and paid unknown miscreants of unknown origin. Hungry blogger. Failed attempt. It’s like you think this guy has a say. LOL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by gwafaeziokwu: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
grin grin grin grin
This man just sum up his brothers. Their hypocrisy stink to high level.

9 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by gwafaeziokwu: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
Sirjamo:
We have been the pacesetters in Nigeria since centuries ago, we always start before others follow. Amotekun is another first, the igbos are welcome to ride along with us but we do not need their support before we can secure our land!!!!

grin grin
Chest beater. Calm down it's just a boys' scout outfit. You have have not gotten an army yet.

8 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by ReubenE(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2020
Guestlander:

The writer never said or insinuated that Amotekun is a bad idea.

He is only juxtaposing the support of Amotekun by Ibos with events leading to 2015, and after.

If you have a mind that is discerning, and appreciation for literature, you would understand that his write up is a strong call for the West and East to work together.
Yorubas supported the clampdown on Ibos by this regime even though it was none of their business to do so. But now, IGBOs are supporting Amotekun against the government even though it is none of their business to do so. That is the point here

For the writer, Yorubas enjoy criminalising other people because of their support for Buhari especially until now, that is the message he is passing.

Once again, he never said Amotekun is bad

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by saaron(m): 12:26am On Jan 19, 2020
Minions of buhari's fulani regime are revealing themselves on nairaland.
Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by kayusely70(m): 12:27am On Jan 19, 2020
A Paid Agent
Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by valenu(m): 12:40am On Jan 19, 2020
Most times, I just regret being a Nigerian
Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by valenu(m): 12:45am On Jan 19, 2020
It is so painful seeing Yoruba and igbo as enemies whereas their common enemy is the Hausa Fulani. Our forefathers may have made mistakes but we the current generation shouldn't follow their footsteps. The south should be united. Igbo is not better than Yoruba, Yoruba is not better than igbo. In life, everyone has one shortcoming or the other. Understanding this should help us tolerate one another.

While we are clamouring to unite and fight our common enemy, we also stand to suffer from them if we don't sit up now. The best time is now before it is too late and we will start regretting just as some have been regretting voting Buhari.

i am igbo and very proud of my tribe because I can't reject myself even if others reject me. Rejecting myself means commiting suicide and I can never do that. Better to die trying to save myself than killing myself because others hate me

Igbos and Yorubas, we are the strength of the Southern Nigeria. Either of the two can't win the battle except we come together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Earlystar698(m): 12:47am On Jan 19, 2020
grin grin grin grin true son of the soil

1 Like

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by gidgiddy: 1:30am On Jan 19, 2020
It takes me back to the 2014/2015 days when APC came on board. The Yoruba media were on full storm against PDP and Goodluck Jonathan. For them, the mere fact that the SE/SS were fully behind GEJ was a sin beyond pardon. Buhari was going to be the ultimate saviour of Nigeria. He would fight corruption, insecurity and restore the economy.

Buhari won and they cheered. They said they know how to play politics and they are the kingmakers. Today, Nigeria under Buhari is poorer, more indebted, more divided, less secure, more polarised, higher inflation and less hospitable.

The presidency of Nigeria has been reduced to a joke, with the North telling all sections of the South what the must do to get in 2023 and beyond as if this position is life its self.

In the mean time, things get worse, Nigeria becomes poverty capital of the world, insecurity gets worse, life gets harder.

Its a tragedy

7 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:41am On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=catoluy post=85912607][/quote]

The biggest problem facing Nigeria including the Yoruba people is illiteracy. Illiteracy has hit Nigeria so hard not the northern part of Nigeria but the whole country. Most Nigerians do not know right from wrong good from bad most people in Nigeria do not even know why they vote at 88% of the people. In Britain today or United Kingdom 62% of Nigerian people do not know why they are voting this was a survey done by mail and Guardian in the UK. The long and short of Nigeria problem the people are illiterate if the Christian Yoruba we go and support the Muslims in the North again their own people

Illiteracy and laziness has affected Nigeria is very hard that only think they no is to vote for a criminal. The people have become so lazy that once they see a criminal they will support him look at the Yoruba Muslims supporting the fulani in the North running to beg for food from them. I am seeing this with Nigerians all over the world because of the laziness in them fellow criminals and vote for criminals. Illiteracy is a problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by NGpatriot: 1:51am On Jan 19, 2020
It's very laughable and naive to think or believe that ibo people all of a sudden or overnight love Yoruba people or gives a damn about Amotekun, the fact is, they don't. They care less about Amotekun or any Yoruba related issues.

As usual and per their trait and general behavior, it's the same enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario, they'd love to see a confrontation between the North and the SW, this is also the reason why they've been shouting and lamenting for Tinubu to openly say something about Amotekun, but the SW is too smart to fall for such ill-mannered and nonstrategic confrontation.

Amotekun is here to stay and going by the overwhelming support in the SW across the board, the SW can handle their own business and fight their own battle so of what relevance is other people's fake and disingenuous support?

If they want to fight the North, let them going and fight the North, the SW is not their proxy.

After Amotekin, they'll gladly go back to their hateful and antagonistic ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by truthonmission: 3:08am On Jan 19, 2020
Kemz77:
He is not lying. If SE forms their own, Afonjas among Yorubas will abandon their Amotekun and join Hausa-Fulani to squash that of SE. Like they did against IPOB and their BSS. Similar thing you see here on Nairaland and other social media, they will cry injustice for Sowore but as soon as Nnamdi Kanu page is up, they start attacking and insulting and wishing evil on him, then afterwards run back to Sowore's thread and cry injustice. SMH
Will they go unpunished?
Not, if there is God.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by truthonmission: 3:17am On Jan 19, 2020
kayusely70:
A Paid Agent
Look at them talking as if they don't understand what the man is saying embarassed
kayusely70:
A Paid Agent
Look at them talking as if they don't understand what the man is saying

1 Like

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 19, 2020
Sirjamo:

IPOB BSS was created years before Amotekun to fight Fulani herdsmen in SE. So you are not a pacesetter. In fact Amotekun copied BSS but IPOB doesn't play pacesetter game.

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by truthonmission: 3:29am On Jan 19, 2020
NGpatriot:
It's very laughable and naive to think or believe that ibo people all of a sudden or overnight love Yoruba people or gives a damn about Amotekun, the fact is, they don't. They care less about Amotekun or any Yoruba related issues.

As usual and per their trait and general behavior, it's the same enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario, they'd love to see a confrontation between the North and the SW, this is also the reason why they've been shouting and lamenting for Tinubu to openly say something about Amotekun, but the SW is too smart to fall for such ill-mannered and nonstrategic confrontation.

Amotekun is here to stay and going by the overwhelming support in the SW across the board, the SW can handle their own business and fight their own battle so of what relevance is other people's fake and disingenuous support?

If they want to fight the North, let them going and fight the North, the SW is not their proxy.

After Amotekin, they'll gladly go back to their hateful and antagonistic ways.

Mark my word today. that which u are afraid of will come upon u.
Yoruba war with the north is inevitable.
We are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 3:32am On Jan 19, 2020
Kemz77:
Only an ignorant or a cretinous person will compare the illegal BSS with Amotekun.
Even at that, the FG never took interest in BSS as it was considered a nuisance
with no power.
Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 3:35am On Jan 19, 2020
Unthinking columnist.
Yorubas never oppose security systems set up in any part of the country.
Anybody with contrary evidence should bring it forward.

And no, BSS is not a security system and neither did Yoruba people care about its existence.
Amotekun is here to stay.
Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by Charleys: 3:40am On Jan 19, 2020
Sirjamo:

BSS was the first

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Columnist Samuel Ajayi Calls Out The Hypocrisy Of Yorubas On Amotekun by NGpatriot: 4:09am On Jan 19, 2020
truthonmission:
Mark my word today. that which u are afraid of will come upon u.
Yoruba war with the north is inevitable.
We are watching.

Look at this one talking about war...lol.

He just proved me right, your evil wish and war won't happen, Yoruba people fight with their brains, not with emotion and tantrums that you are known for, if you have issues with the North, go and fight them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock As Northerners Protest Against President Buhari / Enugu Ogbete Main Market Has Been Set Ablaze / Lekki Toll Gate: Leaked Footage Showing When Army arrived and started shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.