Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station (1162 Views)

2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu / I Call On US Government To Arrest Jonathan - Farouk Aliyu (Throwback Video) / Police: We Arrested Shina Peller For Mobilizing 50 Thugs To Attack Maroko Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by silverdam(m): 1:39am On Jan 19, 2020
I think it’s high time I call out Maroko Police station, this nonsense needs to stop as it just happened to my friend as well. I was in Lagos during the festive period, I hung out with my friends at Elegushi beach, so while leaving the beach at around 12am after ordering for Uber to come pick us, waiting in front of Elegushi beach. That was how Maroko police men came from nowhere with their van, holding and pointing gun at us as if we were criminals. The next thing they were requesting for our ID cards, how am I supposed to carry ID card to the beach, i and two of my friends didn’t come with any, it was only one of us that had his NYSC card with him. All of a sudden they forced the three of us into their van that we are suspects, after we’ve explained to them that we were coming from the beach and waiting for Uber. To my surprise, we were wrongfully arrested and they took us round Lekki Phase one, wrongfully arresting anyone they see on the road without ID Cards. On getting to Maroko Police station, I was amazed with the huge amount of people that was wrongfully arrested because of No ID card to present and because they were out in the Night. I kept on wondering when did they start arresting people without ID cards or walking out late Night. Someone we met there complained that is how they do to collect money from innocent people. The worst of it all was when the stupid police officer in charge told us to remove our shirts, drop our properties and write attendance. The stupid man told us that it is against the law to walk late in the night and it against the law to walk without any form of ID cards. I was shocked, when did they pass such law in Lagos. You need to see the way they were maltreating innocent people, threatening to take us to the cell for committing no crime. To cut the long story short, it was my other friend with his ID card that reported the issue to Elegushi guys. Elegushi guys came to rescue us from that dirty place after paying, after bribing them with mere N2000. Now this same thing has happened to my friend, wrongfully arrested, he had to bribe them with huge amount of money just to be out of that dirty place, my friend is asthmatic, he couldn’t bear it anymore cos of the pollution, he almost got an asthmatic attack. He almost died while going home cos his inhaler wasn’t with him, what if he had died in that dirty place? Enough is enough, something needs to be done. This has become an incessant habit and it’s need to be stopped. Maroko Police Station is a disgrace to Nigeria’s police force.

Mods lalasticlala

Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by Kingpee2(m): 1:45am On Jan 19, 2020
If you think you have any government in Nigeria ,that’s a waste of time ,our leaders are dead to me......

1 Like

Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by jeffizy(m): 2:56am On Jan 19, 2020
We're at a precipice. Nothing but lawlessness.

By the way, where's the man that's waiting for imes to come and help him restore order? grin
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by Charleys: 3:43am On Jan 19, 2020
Get yourself a gun now.
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:26am On Jan 19, 2020
Nigeria police should take note!
We witnessed almost this same thing at Elegushi beach just 3 weeks ago, during Xmas and we reported to the appropriate Authority.
Something must be done ASAP.

Cc @Segalink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:26am On Jan 19, 2020
Charleys:
Get yourself a gun now.
Unfortunately, that is not allowed in the nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by maynation(f): 6:58am On Jan 19, 2020
^^^
I was angry at out Policemen until I saw where someone tweeted at Segalink. grin
What da phoq is wrong with this Buhari boy na? grin
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by helinues: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2020
It is illegal to walk late in the night in Nigeria entirely, not only in Lagos, that's according to Nigeria security officers..

May be you never encountered dreaded local vigilante..
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by mushystuff: 7:08am On Jan 19, 2020
post=85915853:
Nigeria police should take note!
We witnessed almost this same thing at Elegushi beach just 3 weeks ago, during Xmas.
Something must be done ASAP.

Cc @Segalink.

The same police they say is doing a perfect job tackling kidnappers, crime and general internal policing just to demonize Amotekun yet your major problem is FFK and Nnamdi Kanu. So you even experienced the same issue 3 weeks ago and you didn't expose them? Well done!
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by BuhariAdvocate: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2020
shocked 12am at beach? They supposed to give you serious beating.
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by silverdam(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
People spend night at the beach... Are you a learner?
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by scribble: 10:45am On Jan 19, 2020
You need Amotekun

Those abo.kis in charge of Nigerian Police Force allow this rascality to continue by underfunding the police and staffing them with fulani herdsmen and olodo quota systems
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by GamalNasser: 11:00am On Jan 19, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:

Quit that your Kogi village and come know life man

1 Like

Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by OVIHINNO(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2020
helinues:
It is illegal to walk late in the night in Nigeria entirely, not only in Lagos, that's according to Nigeria security officers..

May be you never encountered dreaded local vigilante..

That's f..cking wrong! The Wandering Act has long been repealed over 30 years ago
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by tsdarkside(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
you are suppose to carry your id card with you anywhere you go....
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by BlackSeptember: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
maynation:
^^^
I was angry at out Policemen until I saw where someone tweeted at Segalink. grin
What da phoq is wrong with this Buhari boy na? grin
Just believe he doesn't exist if you want to enjoy Nairaland

How u dey
Re: High Time I Call Out Maroko Police Station by BlackSeptember: 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Yeye talk. Poor boy.

You only see beach in pictures because you can't afford to go there in your lifetime

(1) (Reply)

NPA Approves Outrageous Fee For Domestic Flights (lag-yola N320,000) / Buhari Meets With EU Delegates But Failed To Wear Face Mask,what Is Your Thought / Edo Poll: Undercurrents That May Shape Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.