Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny (560 Views)

Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead / Philip Okafor: UNIBEN Student Returns A Missing Wallet With Money (Photo) / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny by Eclement(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
Happy Sunday. Please, this is the best way I could summarize this.. Please, help me read the entire story. It's the story of my sister..

Here are her words..

Nairalanders, I need your help. I'm a student of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, Osun State. I wrote my final exams around September, 2019, (last semester) and when the results were released, I got 0F (zero, failure) in a particular course. I know there's a mix up somewhere and so I decided to go back to school early this month (a Wednesday)to complain.

The lecturer in charge of the course said I have a "missing score" and I need to check out my scripts, but he said I can't search the scripts myself, that he has to search for me, but in my presence. He said I can't be attended to on that day due to the fact that the department is undergoing accreditation. He asked me to come back the next week, which will be a Tuesday. Since I no longer have any accommodation on or outside campus, I traveled down to Ile Ife, and on Tuesday, I travelled back to school. On getting to school, he told me to come back on Thursday, without any excuse. Due to financial constraints, I couldn't travel back home, I had to sleep in a stranger's house.

On Thursday, I went back to him, he said he has not searched for it it yet. I told him that other people that with simila issue in other courses have sorted themselves, and they searched the scripts themselves. He paid deaf ears to me and asked me to come back the next day, which is a Friday.

On Friday, I got to campus as early as 8am, when it's 2:00pm, I called the lecturer, but he didn't pick, I called him with a friend's phone, he picked and told me to go and meet the secretary to our HOD, on getting the secretary, he told me that the formal way of calling for script is that the lecturer will tell the P.A of the HOD to get the entire scripts and with the supervision of the lecturer, I will search for my script by myself. I went through all possible means, even the students' union. Those guys were asking me to pay some money. Someone hinted me to pay him some money, but I don't have any money on me. Hitherto, I sponsored myself through school. I'm now on campus, without any hope or any food to eat. I've burnt my all my income and transportation.

Please, I'm in a dilemma, I don't know what to do. Nairalanders, please advice me. What is the right path to take? The Senate is compiling names for NYSC call-up and I'm still here, without a full result.

Someone even asked me to take it up legally, but I don't know what the law says about this.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny by budaatum: 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
Keep pestering the lecturer until he searches for your script and if he doesn't, take it higher and above his head.

Do not pay unless he's willing to give you a receipt (though I'm sure the payment demand was from the student union)!
Re: I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny by Eclement(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:
Keep pestering the lecturer until he searches for your script and if he doesn't, take it higher and above his head.

Do not pay unless he's willing to give you a receipt (though I'm sure the payment demand was from the student union)!

Thanks..
Re: I've Got A Missing Script, And My Lecturer Is Acting Funny by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
This is Sad.

(1) (Reply)

NUC, Medical Consultants Settle Phd Row / Free Medical Books / ASSU strike: We made a mistake - SSANU members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.