Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff (30819 Views)

Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by kzubyar(m): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2020
chukel:
Must you guys go with gigm? Stopped using them about 2 years ago. Bus scheduled to leave by 7:45am from ticket, left by 7:15am without any prior notice to me. They never called to inform me. They sold out my ticket and refused to refund. I bid goodbye to them. There are better companies like GUO
Delta express
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by naturefellow(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2020
chukel:
Must you guys go with gigm? Stopped using them about 2 years ago. Bus scheduled to leave by 7:45am from ticket, left by 7:15am without any prior notice to me. They never called to inform me. They sold out my ticket and refused to refund. I bid goodbye to them. There are better companies like GUO
spoke my mind bro

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by offionginyang2: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2020
There is no perfect system. Even KLM have issues. In as much there are bad eggs in GIGM, I will still give them 90% for their services(I use them often)
Please mention 3 other transport companies that are better than GIGM in Nigeria?

NOTWITHSTANDING, i think the management should look seriously into these complaints customers are making.A stitch in time saves nine stitches.

3 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by younglleo: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

So you are one of those passengers that keep putting pressure on the driver to speed up?
don't blame me.. It wasn't jst me
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by 12345baba(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2020
Guo should use this opportunity well.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by uju22(f): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2020
Hahhahah, GUO, a new company, are u a learner. Please go and cross check again. GUO has been ,if you know when we have Izuchukwu transport, Ekene dili Chukwu, that is when GUO has been, so it is not a new company.
BiafraforTrump:

Lol you want to use GUO because it us a new company, wait till they get to the level GIGM is with crowd influx then you can compare. For now GIGM remains the first transport company in Nigeria for shuttle buses..

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Slimdan360: 10:17am On Jan 20, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

What do you mean by their bad buses?, GIGM is the best transport company don't talk stupidly

Pls read the post again sir,Thank you
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Temptee101(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2020
shocked

They are living on past glory which truly confirms the adage that says "i get am before nobi property"

I had such nasty experience twice late last year from Enugu to Lagos and coming back

Firstly, I paid for their A.C. jet bus and was surprised when they directed us to a rickety bus with patches all over for boarding with the excuse that no bus arrived that morning. During the journey, the captain/driver had to stop at every instant buying either plantain, one thing or the other and they are always eager and sharp-mouthed to exchange words with you

Also had this same experience coming back from lagos with another silly excuse that the boot of the jet bus refused to open and was taken for repairs which prompted the refund of 1.6k to every passenger, we were again directed to another overused rickety bus

Since the owner of the company died and his son took over who always jets out of the country, their services and professionalism have seriously declined

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by midehi2(f): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2020
Temptee101:
shocked

They are living on past glory which truly confirms the adage that says "i get am before nobi property"

I had such nasty experience twice late last year from Enugu to Lagos and coming back

Firstly, I paid for their A.C. jet bus and was surprised when they directed us to a rickety bus with patches all over for boarding with the excuse that no bus arrived that morning. During the journey, the captain/driver had to stop at every instant buying either plantain, one thing or the other and they are always eager and sharp-mouthed to exchange words with you

Also had this same experience coming back from lagos with another silly excuse that the boot of the jet bus refused to open and was taken for repairs which prompted the refund of 1.6k to every passenger, we were again directed to another overused rickety bus

Since the owner of the company died and his son took over who always jets out of the country, their services and professionalism have seriously declined
They are still the best and the son is really doing well, its just the staffs
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Lovelypet28: 10:29am On Jan 20, 2020
If it's to book flights 2 weeks b4 departure e better.
Will never forget when I boarded GIGM bus abuja to lagos after the Kogi elections,it was a nightmare.
It stopped severely until it stopped right in the middle of nowhere in kogi state,it took the effort of soldiers to rescue us cuz that route was a popular kidnapper's den.
We called customer care several times,they promised to send a bus from auchi, they never did.
Had to sleep in a stranger's house overnite till the next morning.
The oloriburukus now called the next morning to know where we are, I just laugh,was already on my way to lagos with another bus company.
Their days are numbered surely,all these with prude staff,frustrated captains,and rickety cars that are perceived as new are recipes for disaster.
Never again!

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Chigozie105(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2020
Hire drop with Emma Chuks Travel and Tours via www.Emmachukstravel.com

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by BiafraforTrump: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2020
uju22:
Hahhahah, GUO, a new company, are u a learner. Please go and cross check again. GUO has been ,if you know when we have Izuchukwu transport, Ekene dili Chukwu, that is when GUO has been, so it is not a new company.

I don't know and I don't care, its no match for GIGM that's for sure..

GIGM and ABC Transport leads the pack.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by litaninja(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Its quite funny you would say this, and frankly, reactions like this is why Nigeria is where it is today.
Multiple people have raised similar experiences and complaints, for some reason, you think they had a meeting and all decided that they'd come here to "attack" GIGM. What will be the motive behind that?

A serious organization will take this as candid feedback and go back to work on the issues raised. But no...na attack.

SoNature:

We all know that this thread is an opportunity for everyone to attack the transport company, but your claims are unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Zane2point4(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2020
xamuel17:
GIGM is another glorified the Young shall grow transport

I always loved patronizing them until I saw the captain (driver) smoking weed before a journey...

And he said its normal protocol before plying a High way in Nigeria

Hahhahahha ,i go just cancel that journey if i were you.
The weed go now give am moral to overtake 3 cars at once in a sharp bend grin

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by scribble: 11:52am On Jan 20, 2020
litaninja:
Its quite funny you would say this, and frankly, reactions like this is why Nigeria is where it is today.
Multiple people have raised similar experiences and complaints, for some reason, you think they had a meeting and all decided that they'd come here to "attack" GIGM. What will be the motive behind that?

A serious organization will take this as candid feedback and go back to work on the issues raised. But no...na attack.

They will soon run to start calling all those charge and bail Lekki lawyers to start harassing customers with genuine complaint.

Those GIGM people no serious at all.

1 Like

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
executive12:

Well balanced analysis. The typical Nigerian customer can be very unreasonable. They take the saying that Customer is King too far. You might want to send your objective critique to the management for their consideration. It might help them to improve on their service.

Thanks.

I think I will follow your advise. Hopefully the chairman can get to read it and take a deeper look into the day to day running of the business.

Do have a great day bro.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Kennyswag: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Anything igbo owned is always subastandard and rubbish.. no wonder they are disgracing nigeria all over the world with their substandard life gringrin
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
NwaOhafia:
you know most of their problems. Seems you where once in the system, and the chairman need to sack some senior staff that do give him advise.

Most staff now do charm especially some from a particular tribe, killing anyone that stand their way.

There worker are over stressed with little payment.

Etc

It is very common for long haulage drivers to use charms. Most of them actually do and also belong to secret societies.

GIGM used to be more populated by drivers from Edo state, especially the Binis and Ishan tribes. When opportunities come up, they introduce their friends and relations. Nowadays you find captains from other tribes like the Igbos and Yorubas there. GIGM does training and re-training of captains regularly. Captains are well compensated and their insurance is good. A lot of the captains live in their personal houses, just to let you know how they are treated. Some old drivers have been handed brand new buses as gifts from the company and they are allowed to partner with the company using their own buses. That way the drivers make a lot of money on their own. The workers are not over stressed by the management but by themselves because of their highly irresponsible characters. Some workers threaten to beat up passengers outrightly.

The chairman has to address the rot in the system as GIGM are supposed to be trail blazers. He needs to get more dedicated staff into the organisation and weed out the bad eggs.

I travel on GIGM regularly and I feel comfortable. When you have issues on the road, they are addressed. Patrol teams are there to address issues and other captains on either side of the road compulsorily must wait to sort out the issues.

I book my journey straight from the comfort of my home and ensure that I arrive the terminal at least one hour before take off. Your children are safe and comfortable travelling alone to and from school on GIGM.

For passengers who complain that they booked online, they must not take scheduled time for granted. It is even stated there. If the bus is travelling to Lagos from FCT here the captains want to leave as early as possible.

2 Likes

Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by VillageHead: 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mutemenot:
Village people knocking on GIGM grin

why call our name for nothing?
Na we go come change their nicely painted old vehicles too?
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Asabe4:
I have always looked forward to travelling with GUO, sadly they are not in Benin.

GIG is just overrated and unnecessarily expensive, maybe living in past glory.

GUO is costlier than GIGM. You can go and verify that baba.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by petitejolie(f): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2020
chukel:
it’s because they are more ubiquitous. ABC is d best but they don’t Av stations everywhere.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by echobazz: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Their service has really depreciated,i booked online for a hiace bus going from their Ikotun terminal to Warri,before I arrived at the park that morning,i got a call from their ticketing officer informing me that the bus I booked for is faulty,and they will provide an alternative one for me.On getting to the park the alternative was baffling,guess what??I was directed to follow Owerri bus and meanwhile I'm transiting to warri.
I asked the manager if he's sure of what he's doing he answered in affirmative,and added that the bus will make a quick stop at Benin City, for me and other passengers going my direction so as to board their GIGM bus from Benin to Warri.On getting to Benin, the driver gave me 1k for my transport fare to Warri,i asked the captain abi driver about the bus going to Warri,he said he's not sure of what the manager told me but what he's sure of is the 1k he gave me.
OMG I was shocked,baffled and confused about the terrible GIGM Experience.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by pek(m): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
SoNature:

We all know that this thread is an opportunity for everyone to attack the transport company, but your claims are unbelievable.
Unbelievable because it didn't happen to you!
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by datribune: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
[s]
PicLtd:
God is Good still remains the for best me. I have been travelling frequently at least 3 times a year for the past 13 years right from University days and I have suffered all kinds of humiliation from transport companies but GIGM still beats them all in terms of service delivery.

If you think I'm joking, try peace mass with their alway-drunk drivers, try Apara line who use antiquated coffins as buses and thugs as drivers, try Okey mass transit whose drivers won't hesitate to park the bus at Ore and disappear if you quarrel with them, leaving travellers stranded, even GUO misplaced my waybill, it took me 3 weeks to trace it and I lost a lot of money. I've seen it all as a frequent traveller and I still maintain the God is Good remains the best.

Though the delay of their buses during take-off is an area where they must now improve, I believe that since demise of the founder Ajaero, the son who I heard is now in charge has been struggling to maintain standard, I pray he succeeds. All my family members use their buses. They are more decent, courteous and less prone to accident.

Some people here complaining are part of the problem, you book online and on the departure date, you come by 8.00am for a bus schedule to leave by 6.45am leaving many of us who came early stranded. This I have learnt is one of the causes of the frequent delays. Nigerians don't keep to time. I leave Nnewi by 5.00am to meet up with my booked 6.45am bus at Asaba GIGM terminal. I usually get there by 6am latest. I usually pay for their first buses. They are usually the best.

I also understand that a lot of their competitors keep fighting them both online and offline. Most of their competitors have adopted several means to survive the GIGM revolution, one of the ways they do that is by stopping by at towns and villages where they have mini-terminals and know that GIGM doesn't have.

When GIGM started, every passenger usually gets a free breakfast meal park when you board their buses. I need them to open another terminal in Nnewi and Abule-egba. I will not sit by and let anyone victimize the best transport company in this country, so that other 'riff-raff' bus companies and competitors can rejoice.

[/s]
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Bankowner: 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Had cause to reschedule two GIGM tickets purchased online in December. This was done seamlessly but I was not notified that it was successful until I called the Call Centre again. I was supposed to pay #1000 each for revalidating the tickets which seemed fair but on getting to the terminal, I was made to pay #5000. I could only thank God I went with my sister, who was traveling with 3 children, to the terminal that morning because the #5000 would have messed up her finances if she had paid by herself.
The good thing though is that their online booking app is fantastic.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Bankowner:
Had cause to reschedule two GIGM tickets purchased online in December. This was done seamlessly but I was not notified that it was successful until I called the Call Centre again. I was supposed to pay #1000 each for revalidating the tickets which seemed fair but on getting to the terminal, I was made to pay #5000. I could only thank God I went with my sister, who was traveling with 3 children, to the terminal that morning because the #5000 would have messed up her finances if she had paid by herself.
The good thing though is that their online booking app is fantastic.

What was the 5000 for?
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Neyoh90(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
chukel:
LIBRA MOTORS IS A BETTER CHOICE FOR ME. THEY DO ONLINE BOOKINGS AT CHEAPER RATE NOW
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Bankowner: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cantonese:

What was the 5000 for?
It was the difference between the ticket prices in January and December. I was not informed about this by the staff in Phc who spoke with me as well as the Call Center agent who handled the rescheduling. All i was told was i'll pay 2000 for the tickets.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Cantonese: 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Bankowner:

It was the difference between the ticket prices in January and December. I was not informed about this by the staff in Phc who spoke with me as well as the Call Center agent who handled the rescheduling. All i was told was i'll pay 2000 for the tickets.

That's just one of the problems with the ticket staff.

Hopefully the management can improve in a lot of areas and then we can all continue to enjoy their services again.

Do not be scared to travel GIGM and even your family too. No other transport company can match them, even with their present level of delay.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by eleojo23: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
I am yet to have any unpleasant experience with GIGM.
I like using them because of the online booking, it allows me plan my journey well.
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by Godjone(m): 12:46am On Jan 21, 2020
no matter what, GIGm still remains the best
Re: GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff by calabardick(m): 1:03am On Jan 21, 2020
Cantonese:
I think the family lost the original vision. The original vision defined modern day method of long haulage transportation as we observe these days.

Gone are the days when 100 was the speed limit. Gone are the days when captains were not permitted to drive off the proper roads. Gone are the days of captains who would never be rude to passengers. Gone are the days of ground staff who treated passengers politely. Utako terminal started getting dangerous for passengers way back in 2015 until some unscrupulous staff including the manager were sacked in one day. Gone are the days of very good looking buses that attracted passengers. Gone are the days of good looking terminals. Asaba terminal looks big outside but the inside is very dirty and full of cobwebs.

I think the problem has to do with poor growth plans. The management seems to have deluded themselves with the kind of passenger traffic experienced when the business was reorganised.

The workers are well paid and they have no reason for rudeness. Agbero mentality has crept into the heads of the ground staff. The field officers, as they are called, demand money from passengers before loading luggages.

The economy under the present regime has not helped with the cost of a Hiace bus approaching 25 million or over. How long will it take for them to make their turn over? It was much easier for them before now as they could purchase 200 buses in one order. These days GIGM does not purchase more than 20 buses in one order. Another challenge they have is their very porous accounting system. Some of their accountants have run away with very huge sums running into hundreds of millions.

It is not a hidden secret that the chairman ventured into the oil industry. The business has enterred into wrong hands. Advices and solution offered by the very senior drivers are not carried out. Irresponsible drivers have taken over. Very well trained drivers have moved to other companies where the packages are better.

On the part of the guests as passengers are called, there has to be some understanding. Some passengers frustrate other passengers and the captains. Some are very rude and unbearable. Some make very foolish demands. Some ask the captains to increase their speed and burst into arguments with other passengers because of that Some expect the captains to stop at any point that they need irrespective of the danger. Women drop sanitary pads and pampers inside the buses. Some stick chewing gums on the seats, etc. There need to be understanding too from the passengers.

GIGM needs to re strategise. There has to be an attitude change in the face of stiff competition provided by GUO, AKTC and others.

In all I'd rather travel GIGM than any other companies. I am certain that I journeys can end in terminals close to my location and I do not need to spend much on additional transport fare. I still remain a fan with a very strong hope and desire for change from the company.

Did you say AKTC?
Those are real highway killers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos / FAAN Releases Statement On The Man Who caused a scare At Airport today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.