Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant (50872 Views)

CJN Ariwoola Appoints Daughter As Judge, After Appointing Son & Nephew - Gazette / Pauline Tallen Says ‘Amen’ To Anti-Aisha Buhari Prayer - Gazette / EFCC Grills Pauline Tallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Tenses: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2020
Dead meat seller and co

U see your life

Kikikikikikiki

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Enemyofpeace: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2020
GOFRONT:
Na wa...

Well, no be today e don dey happen....

So many Nephews are on the bench waiting for their uncles in the game to Sign them in...

If u know u know.........Nothing new
what is waing you?
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by americaninja1: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2020
Employ ur fam only. Who go employ d orphan who struggled to scale tru uni

2 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Kingpele(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2020
Why can't you guys shame small for all this nepotism, chai

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by wilemer: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2020
dre11:

The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Pauline Tallen, has appointed one of her daughters, Violet Osunde, as a special assistant in her office.

It is not clear if the minister’s action violated any law, but critics including academics and lawyers said it suggests nepotism and could be a breach of her oath of office.

Until her appointment in November, Mrs Osunde was a senior executive assistant with the National Databank Management Department of the National Pension Commission.

Mrs Osunde, a 2010 graduate of Business Management and Information Technology from the University of Plymouth, England, also holds a Master’s certificate in Information System Management from Brunel University, London. She joined the National Pension’s Commission in 2016.

blatant nepotism! angry

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by cedar3: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2020
This people will not rest until this country is grounded.

OAN, if you have the means, best to pack your Ghana must go and leave here.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by abiaumo(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Family first. Lol
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by misterjosh(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2020
The part that caught my attention is actually the application for a four year leave of absence from her previous place of employment... like is that possible, reasonable, applicable...

3 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Alexrayz(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Mr president should terminate her appointment. Since her spirit couldn't work with other Nigerians except her family member. Of course she can build a company and employ her family member.
When the president said the elites are the great enemy of society some people argue with the president.

If she can do d job and qualify I see no fault ... People shouting won't remember to use the Americans as case study nw o but if it bad thing nor body go remember them Trump apart from family employ in-laws

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Charleys: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2020
GOFRONT:
Na wa...

Well, no be today e don dey happen....

So many Nephews are on the bench waiting for their uncles in the game to Sign them in...

If u know u know.........Nothing new

I know
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Kobicove(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2020
PlugBlogng:
They have turn Nigeria politics to family shit

There is a problem cos it is a public institution not a family business!

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Keemsleek005(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2020
ilyasom:
There is nothing wrong in this. Trump's children are key cabinet members

God bless you, I was just about typing these, I don't get how these people behave like these they hail trump but if done here in Nigeria it's nepotism.as far as she's qualified no problem

2 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by chloedogie(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Mr president should terminate her appointment. Since her spirit couldn't work with other Nigerians except her family member. Of course she can build a company and employ her family member.
When the president said the elites are the great enemy of society some people argue with the president.

And you will all be supporting and shouting Trump's name as your messiah and he put all his children except for the last boy and his in-laws into his cabinet. The way you guys reason only God ca intervene.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by dheaven: 10:19am On Jan 20, 2020
For me personal assistant is suppose to be someone you trust he cannot betray you. So, in my opinion she is right.

2 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Mariangeles(f): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2020
If she's competent, I see nothing wrong with it.
I even commend her for making such a bold decision knowing that people will talk.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Brightgem(f): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2020
WROOONG! Conflict of interest. Nepotism. Not like she didn't hold a position somewhere before. What's wrong with these people?

I expected better from Madam Talen. An unemployed qualified youth, with much zeal and energy to work could have efficiently filled that position.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Dreyl(m): 10:21am On Jan 20, 2020
Paddy paddy

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by HQuadreal: 10:21am On Jan 20, 2020
Chop make I chop...

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by obowunmi(m): 10:21am On Jan 20, 2020
Her, daddy bubu, vp Osinbajo.... same whatsapp group.

Enjoy it ALL while it lasts.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Temtem1984(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Nah so e supposed be
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by BuhariAdvocate: 10:26am On Jan 20, 2020
Its very easy to identify a brainless person. The problem of you guys have most time is your inability to reason like minded people. So America is Nigeria where many graduate are roaming on the street .
chloedogie:

And you will all be supporting and shouting Trump's name as your messiah and he put all his children except for the last boy and his in-laws into his cabinet. The way you guys reason only God ca intervene.

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Antoeni(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2020
And What is Wrong with that?
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by Jamorezzi: 10:28am On Jan 20, 2020
Greedy bastards .
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2020
quaintbloke:
Bitter Male chauvinists have finally found some lotion to masturbate with, and they have rushed to comment with no small speed.
When Trump appointed Jared Kushner as Senior Adviser, they saw nothing wrong with it.
When Buhari's daughter took a presidential jet, it wasnt an issue of gender , but this has become a gender bias issue.
Such people who spend all their productive time bashing ladies usually come from toxic and dysfunctional homes, they have toxic relationships and they more likely end up lonely and depressed.
If the law isn't explicit on this, why vent like a chimney?

I know you're typing this nonsense so you could get a free pussie around here but you've failed .

2 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by biobab23(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:

Wow African mentality... Trump ur president wey u like put his daughter in government even his family so wetin make am bad as special appointment broo...growup n leave sentiments abegi

1 Like

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by 24kmagic: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2020
If someone with a Masters degree from a UK University isn't qualified to be a special assistant to a minister, then I don't know who is.

As a leader, she needs to work with people she trusts. If her daughter is the one she trusts the most to deliver in this office, then she has the right to appoint her, provided she's qualified.

If you think every leader is as weak and naive as Goodluck Jonathan who trusted aboki people in key positions, then you're joking. Always work with people you trust.

Last I checked, Donald Trump's daughter works for him. But because it's in America, we won't see anything wrong in it.

Blacks (and especially Nigerians) are their own worse enemies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by BuhariAdvocate: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2020
Her action is uncall for. stop compare America with Nigeria .if the woman employ jobless people on that position
Automatically number of unemployment would be reduce.
Alexrayz:

If she can do d job and qualify I see no fault ... People shouting won't remember to use the Americans as case study nw o but if it bad thing nor body go remember them Trump apart from family employ in-laws
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by dalass(f): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2020
Davash222:
A woman in power is worse than Devil!!

Buhari who has Mamman Daura, his brother serving and living in Aso rock with his entire family is also a woman abi?

You as a man with no sense of reasoning is worse than an imp! angry

2 Likes

Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by contigiency(m): 10:31am On Jan 20, 2020
If is qualified and competent for the job, so be it.
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by BuhariAdvocate: 10:32am On Jan 20, 2020
I hate it when brainless and unreasonable people like you quote me.
biobab23:

Wow African mentality... Trump ur president wey u like put his daughter in government even his family so wetin make am bad as special appointment broo...growup n leave sentiments abegi
Re: Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant by starstaz(m): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2020
She is immensely qualified. No doubt. if it is her mother or family company , no Qualms. But for a public entity it is unethical and anathema to civilize society. Once again I repeat she is 100% qualified but optically wrong.

However once the head , who already engage in nepotism, is wrong what should we expect from the rest of the body.

Mother and daughter in the same office, where and how do u apply checks and balance or one providing objective advice to the other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EndSARS Lagos Protests (Live Updates) / Bello El-Rufai Threatens President Buhari Over Appointments / Meet The New Service Chiefs Buhari Appointed (exclusive Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.