Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko (262 Views)

Python Swallows Sallah Meat In Badagry And Was Caught 'Red Handed' (Photos) / One Man's Food Is Another Man's Posion; Guy Poses With Snake After Being Killed / Long & Big Python Killed And Butchered For Meat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko by janeedema(f): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
She stepped into my room weeping, and I spent over two hours consoling her not to give a thought to it.

"Why should she call me fat, seeing all the efforts I've been making to shed some weight", she resumed crying. "She's sooooo insensitive, I won't ever talk to her again", she concluded.

"Just let it go, I'm sure she didn't mean to offend you", I kept encouraging, "and besides, you know you look really amazing".

After all the talk back and forth, she eventually calmed down.

And so life continued.

Fast forward to a few weeks later.

I stumbled upon her on my way out, and after the usual pleasantries, she looked at me and said:

"Why are you so thin, is it that you don't eat? Try and be eating abeg, can't you see how I look like Mount Zion that can never be moved?". She said this in a very sarcastic way.

I immediately recalled that this was the same person lamenting over someone's remarks on her looks just a few weeks back.

And was about to react, when I heard in my spirit, "Don't".

So, I ignored her and responded by smiling instead. But inside of me, I said,
"Lord you had better answer her on my behalf before I change my mind".

It wasn't up to 10 minutes after, that a very sleek car drove past us.

And she was like "Oh...my gosh.. art thou seeing what I'm seeing? Holy Molly, see the machine the sons of men are driving"

As if the driver of the car heard her, he stopped right in front of us, and a very sleek young man also came out of the ride.

He immediately approached me, and introduced himself as the CEO of a global modeling agency, and would absolutely love to have me in his team; as my physique and height were perfect for a role people were being auditioned for.

I looked at him and smiled; thanked him for the offer and compliment, but explained that my height and physique were booked already for my kitchen-- only.

He also thanked me for being polite, dropped his complimentary card in case I changed my mind, and then drove off.

Deep inside me, I was like, "Lord Jesus, thank you for slapping this friend of mine for me".

Then I looked at her and said: Do you now agree that one man's meat is another's okporoko?

At this, we both burst into laughter.

Listen:

I don't care what you've been told about you. You don't need anyone's validation to be You. Whatever you have now or whatever you look like is someone else's prayer point, so ignore the haters and carry yourself tall.
Re: One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko by nlPoster: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
Sigh
Re: One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko by Davash222(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
If this is not fiction, then I’m sorry, this is a waste of good writing skills.

1 Like

Re: One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Okporoko by janeedema(f): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Let me be the determinant of that. Anyways, thanks for stopping by.
Davash222:
If this is not fiction, then I’m sorry, this is a waste of good writing skills.

(1) (Reply)

Crying Sticker Boy Oladee Is Angry About How His Meme Is Spreading(video) / TRENDING VIDEO: Oba Of Benin Dances ‘shaku Shaku’ At Children’s Party / Beyonce Knowles: A Drawing By Felix Zachariah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.