Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise (669 Views)

Woman Saves One Million Naira In Piggy Bank / What Would You Do With One Million Naira? / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise by Demichaels: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello nairalanders, I need your candid advise on this.

I have one million naira and I intend to invest it in pig farming somewhere in umuahia.

Kindly advise, if you have the experience, the viability of this business bearing in mind that I have to start from scratch.

Thanks
Re: He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise by Powersurge: 12:50am On Jan 21, 2020
Demichaels:
Hello nairalanders, I need your candid advise on this.

I have one million naira and I intend to invest it in pig farming somewhere in umuahia.

Kindly advise, if you have the experience, the viability of this business bearing in mind that I have to start from scratch.

Thanks

Don't start any business without feasibility study. Don't believe hearsay.

Pig business is highly overrated. I don't advise that you rely on it alone for a start. because if you do, you WILL. Be frustrated. The business COULD begin to show some improvement over time.

To raise viable pig, you will need to buy feeds. This is where the major problem lies. Cos if you want to rely on junk feeds like potato peek6s and so on, it will take MUCH longer for your animal to attain maturity. And they could be susceptible to disease.

Quick estimate: under a very good feeding regime, your animal will attain 100kg weight within 6-8 months. Expect 20-50 naira profit per kg. Hence you are looking at 2000-5,000 naira per animal. The frustration will come if you are expecting the business to feed you and cater for your needs within the next two years. Because that will not happen. I will stop here. Tired of typing.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise by mankettle(m): 1:55am On Jan 21, 2020
Go to the agric section. I believe the questions will be answered better there
Re: He Wants To Invest One Million Naira In Pig Farming, Please Advise by Demichaels: 6:49am On Jan 21, 2020
Powersurge:

Don't start any business without feasibility study. Don't believe hearsay.

Pig business is highly overrated. I don't advise that you rely on it alone for a start. because if you do, you WILL. Be frustrated. The business COULD begin to show some improvement over time.

To raise viable pig, you will need to buy feeds. This is where the major problem lies. Cos if you want to rely on junk feeds like potato peek6s and so on, it will take MUCH longer for your animal to attain maturity. And they could be susceptible to disease.

Quick estimate: under a very good feeding regime, your animal will attain 100kg weight within 6-8 months. Expect 20-50 naira profit per kg. Hence you are looking at 2000-5,000 naira per animal. The frustration will come if you are expecting the business to feed you and cater for your needs within the next two years. Because that will not happen. I will stop here. Tired of typing.

Thanks. Are u in this business?

(1) (Reply)

Take Control And Stay Safe With Advance Generic Car Tracker. / Learn How To Make Millions From Importation Of Gadgets Like Laptops From USA / Crypto Analyst Calls 4,300% Ethereum Rally With ETH 2.0 Launch On The Horizon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.