Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today (25543 Views)

Anyim-Ganduje Meeting: PDP Faces More Upset As Defection Looms / Trouble In PDP: Mass Defection Looms After Tribunal Verdict / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Jarman411(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2020
Imo my state, great state our state. Land of wisdom, peace and unity. Oh Lord my God we cannot do without you......... Now what have become of that state? What's going on?
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by fm7070: 7:01am On Jan 21, 2020
Political prostitutes with no ideology.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by agarawu23(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2020
1 month holiday for lawmaker thieves while civil servant don resume since 2nd January. Politics is scam in Nigeria.

PDP lawmakers will dance to his tune since they all know their oga at the top and the cabals are all APC.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 21, 2020
It's not easy to defect as people might think. Money isn't everything especially where party loyalty takes precedents. Though nothing is impossible in Nigerian politics. The opposition has a strong tool they can use to check the excesses of the governor and call him to order anytime, which is the number. Once they defect, they lose strength.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by hungryboy(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2020
We have the must stupid set of lawmakers in the World.

This ediots instead of doing their work of checkmating the executive and passing bills that will benefit the people of Imo, plan to decamp, so that the will now join hands with the Governor in looting Imo treasury.

I Swear democracy was not made for the black man
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Suko110(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2020
They(APC) have just one lawmaker this goes to show that they never won the governorship election. But what do I know since the [/s]supreme court[s] sorry Tankos court is final.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Holiegrail2: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2020
The speaker is an APC member
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by omenka(m): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
Where are those ipob vandals waiting for the Hungry Assembly men to impeach Hope Uzodinma? grin grin grin
They are busy looking for a Tinubu thread to kickstart their daily wailing expedition with. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Susu888(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2020
As usual.... naija politicians are so predictable.

Some people will not like this O grin

Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Ryabcool(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Political prostitutes at the state assembly calling themselves Lawmakers. Followers of Judas Iscariot carpet crossing for morsel of bread
angry
still think buhari is the main problem?
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by ecclize: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2020
The is exactly why the supreme court judgement is a fraud... how on earth will the people vote give the state house of assembly about 97% of their vote yet decided to vote in a different party to to becames their Governor?...
a majority is well possible but not 97%
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Blue3k(m): 7:22am On Jan 21, 2020
What's the point of defecting? You were elected fair and square so what's the issue?
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by sosospence(m): 7:22am On Jan 21, 2020
Only AA members will cross carpet to APC.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by babyfaceafrica: 7:22am On Jan 21, 2020
fairfora:
It's not easy to defect as people might think. Money isn't everything especially where party loyalty takes precedents. Though nothing is impossible in Nigerian politics. The opposition has a strong tool they can use to check the excesses of the governor and call him to order anytime, which is the number. Once they defect, they lose strength.

Who strength help.... It is all about money and power, dangle a few contracts and ways some Raba into their accounts and these politicians will change tune.. No be Naija again
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by mytime24(f): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2020
All dsame
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Basher8583: 7:32am On Jan 21, 2020
xamuel17:
the gee boy that stole Nigeria's pant no try at all

Which young and morally upright....
You mean the ones that sit down and watch bbnaija, follow Naira marley allday?

Our so called youths do not have morals any longer. They are not ready for governance.
And if given the opportunity they will be worse than the elders there.... quote me anywhere anytime
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by ngadaAwo: 7:33am On Jan 21, 2020
omenka:
They are busy looking for a Tinubu thread to kickstart their daily wailing expedition with. cheesy
while you're busy looking for Igbo's thread to display your bigotry
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by salford1: 7:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Typical.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by AreaFada2: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2020
xamuel17:

I'm telling you my brother. His juju man or woman did something really strong with it. grin cheesy
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Basher8583: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2020
TallPck1:
I don't think this should be news, everyone was expecting the massive defection of the law makers when Hope was declared winner.

Imagine in a state where no member of the house of assembly from the APC won and you declared Hope the winner. I don't just understand how the masses would have voted for the law makers and make a silly choice choosing who rules over them. A true rape of democracy indeed.

Don't be deceived ... They were all obviously rigged in by pdp just like the way Uzodinma was rigged out. Guess only Uzo had the might to fight for his right

1 Like

Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by AreaFada2: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2020
hungryboy:
We have the must stupid set of lawmakers in the World.

This ediots instead of doing their work of checkmating the executive and passing bills that will benefit the people of Imo, plan to decamp, so that the will now join hands with the Governor in looting Imo treasury.

I Swear democracy was not made for the black man

Well, the first law is self-preservation. To secure own next 4 years in office come next HoA elections will trump the interests of Imolites with our primitive politicians any time. Sadly.

Being in APC will give them more connections to Lagos & Abuja too. You also get more protection from EFCC and overwhelming Federal might.

They are all fighting for their belly. Both short, medium and long term.
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Iyiataata92: 7:53am On Jan 21, 2020
xamuel17:

was Nigeria's pant stolen?
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Allsingles: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2020
When judiciary is dead, law becomes useless
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Who strength help.... It is all about money and power, dangle a few contracts and ways some Raba into their accounts and these politicians will change tune.. No be Naija again
yea
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 21, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
Where are those ipob vandals waiting for the Hungry Assembly men to impeach Hope Uzodinma? grin grin grin
C dis wan... Shift joooor
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by ridbell01(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2020
TallPck1:
I don't think this should be news, everyone was expecting the massive defection of the law makers when Hope was declared winner.

Imagine in a state where no member of the house of assembly from the APC won and you declared Hope the winner. I don't just understand how the masses would have voted for the law makers and make a silly choice choosing who rules over them. A true rape of democracy indeed.
that the feature of most Nigerians they reason with their sense.. But in sane society what the look at is the candidates not the party
Re: Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today by walex2(m): 9:01am On Jan 21, 2020
Davash222:

So, the minority AA and APGA would impeach the speaker Or you will send your village people to come and impeach the speaker?
Nigeria politics is dirty, if he doesnt decamp they will scatter the whole place and cause crisis, just for police to lock up the assembly siting security reason

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rebecca Sharibu: Buhari Called Me 7 Months After Leah's Abduction / President Buhari Is Stingy – Femi Adesina / Lagos State Pays ₦1.2billion Pension Funds To Retirees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.