Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,347 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial (38489 Views)

Extortion: Protesting Tricycle Operators Ground Commercial Activities In Onitsha / Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters / Commuters Groan, As Tricycle Operators Protest In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2020
Good, 2 passenger in front of a cap is so uncomfortable, carry passenger in front of keke is not safe..
I did my nysc in ibadan and most time i was going on a N50 trip i have to pay n100 to prevent them from carrying a stranger on my back or on the bike.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by netmillionaires(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2020
Originalsly:

I expected this to be their counter..... to agree with the policy but insist that the State clamp down on the 'settlements". Instead... all the foolish points they are making.... the extra passenger is to balance the tricycle.... that's breaking news to the manufacturers .

Yes. I don't even understand what the #50 payment is meant for and no one cares to explain to the masses. Sometimes, I see it as government own way of providing work for the thugs which is laughable. If government want to provide job for them, they should set up industries, not this silly way of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

When you ply the Ijegun-Ikotun road, the state of the road will make you wonder what the money they have been collecting daily is being used for.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Phemi93(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2020
SKhanmi:
Really support this, Imagine carrying two passengers in front of those smallish micra cars,God help you if one of you is big sized. After my legs froze like 3-4 times & I'll have to wait at my bustop like a cripple to restart blood circulation, I started avoided anything frontseat in IB, Can't even take keke anyway. They drive like mad men

grin grin grin grin wait like a cripple. This thing happen to me almost every time. Not a good experience at all.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by COMPAQ(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2020
The one I've never understood is ibadan tiny taxis carrying two people in front.

Even from the time I started working and before I bought my car, I always sit in front and pay for two because it is so damned uncomfortable sharing with someone else. If its along trip, my leg would have frozen by the time I get to my destination. And then you see the driver struggling to engage gears.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Magicians: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2020
He needs to grow up for telling a useless propaganda filled governor the truth ?! Indeed common sense is totally lacking on your pathetic head.
Vikkie14:
Common Sense is a beautiful flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.
You need to grow one.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Yoighaman(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2020
The policy is good and should be enforced, change is about the only constant thing in life and most people are bound to resist it initially. Their 'cheese' has been moved, they will eventually adjust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by babtoundey(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2020
awoo47:
youre inconsiderate
hope u knw it's d driver gain if 1 person sits at d front
a cab of #70 with 5 passengers is #350
nw dat it's 1 at d front, it's nw #100
dat is extra gain of #50
shorter time to load d car
nd lesser weight on d engine thereby saving fuel

But someppl barely meet ends meet shld dey spend all d money dey could use to feeed themselves on Transport?

i can accept if it's Lagos, but places other places lyk Oyo nd odas hv lots of ppl struggling

Because they want to make enough profit they can as well create spaces for passengers inside their boot and bonnet. Who even told you they will be running on loss if they carry one passenger at the front seat while charging the same amount? Perhaps you think in some areas the charges slated four probably 20 Naira are not skyrocketed to 70 - 80 Naira during rush hours (mostly morning and evening). Drivers are extortionate in nature; take it or let it be.

That you want to make enough or extra profit should not lead you into discomforting or sub-charging others.
Nothing or whatsoever justifies the carrying of two passengers in front seat of danfo and Micra.

To be fair to all parties I will recommend that the NURTW and police daily extortion of commercial drivers be totally removed.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Orpe7(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Start with keke riders then move to micra driver
Ibadan drivers must have sense by force
Their awkwardness is becoming alarming
And dont get me started with the ones that drive right hand or cars with European plates or no plates at all

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by babz11(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
The keke guys should look at the brighter side.

Carrying someone in front is so inconveniencing to both driver and passenger.

They will have no choice than increase fares in order to meet up..
Even to the Car or Keke Napep itself
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
I don't think the state government should reverse the policy.

Look at that one with the placard trying to blackmail the government . 'we voted for PDP'.
So if you voted for that party, should that be a ticket to do whatever you like?

And I strongly hope the Minister of FCT will also look into Taxis carrying 4 passengers at the back seat angry

i don't usually agree with you, but i agree with you on this, those their tiny Nissan micra will carry 2 passenger at the front and 3 at back and you will still see people rushing to enter front, i go just shake head.
that FCT minister na dunce figure head.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
post=85978894:
It is for your SAFETY and the safety of Oyo citizens.
We hope they understand sooner.

What they should be protesting to the Governor about is reduction in the daily fee they pay to NURTW,
there should be a considerable reduction in that.

God bless Oyo state.

God bless Nigeria.
sense you no wan get
old man.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by martinmiller: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Bakerdav:
The govt is right, if we should look at it why will u b carrying 2 pessanger for front side, if any one has enter d front side before u will know is not convenient truly

people see different sides to policy, this one is a good one at fostering the ease of transportation in the states but yet, many won't see the right in the wrong process of comfortable transport for the citizens.
According to that report, as Nigerian s we need a re - orientation and mind re structuring.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Legendguru: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Oh
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Futureyahooboi(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please this should be enforce in lagos too especially ajah to epe... small car carrying 4 people at the back and 2 at the front, this is really madness and they dont even care.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by sben2308(m): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
adem30:
Audio governor how market? Your people are back to their senses

If as a youth u could think like this or have u forgotten he is doing them a favor. Or have u not seen a driver whose d size of the front seat alone but still want to carry someone also or can u imagine how free they will be wen driving d tricycle.
Wat we all should advocate for is this Agbero to reduce d money they collect cuz wat they collect daily is not justifiable.
My minute opinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / Multiple Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (see Photos) / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.