Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner (2499 Views)

Army: Reported Kidnap Along Damaturu/Maiduguri Highway Is A False Alarm / Ondo Youths Protest Against Bad Roads, Block Major Highway / Zamfara Youths Block Major Highway, Destroy Vehicles In Protest Against Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by lordlugards: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2020
To me these new law will affect the Northerners the most because about 70% of the Okada riders in today Lagos are from the north.

Then if you whatch carefully you will understand that the SW are systematically introducing policies that will affect the northerners.

Like Ametokun, like Okada restrictions.
Even more are on the way.
I think Mr Junaid Mohammed most have something to say on this too.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by slimfit1(m): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2020
They can do the same to our people in the North we want them to come back home anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by bakynes3: 10:09am On Jan 21, 2020
lordlugards:
To me these new law will affect the Northerners the most because about 70% of the Okada riders in today Lagos are from the north.

Then if you whatch carefully you will understand that the SW are systematically introducing policies that will affect the northerners.

Mr Conspiracy Theory. Most bike men from the North dont ply Major highways. They restrict themselves to inner roads.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2020
The Amotekun has nothing to do with the north. It has to do with RESTRUCTURING. The SW wants restructuring!!!!!! We have been asking for it since Jonathan’s confab. We want control over our region. It’s the only way we can develop. APC wrote it in their manifesto & dts why they were voted in. All plans to implement it by SW APC has been slow or scuttled. Buhari set up a committee for restructuring & nothing has bn done.

Amotekun is an important part of our security control. If we don’t get outright restructuring, we will take baby steps and get what we can get, till we get full restructuring & resource control passed by the legislature. This country is too large to be controlled just by the center. There’s poverty everywhere, no movement forward because of political malaise (Nigeria is one car, but everyone wants to go in different directions so no movement). Bandits have started moving from Zamfara to osun state for gold & the police don’t know what’s going on. How will they know when the police commissioner in the states are from other regions and don’t even know the geography of the land they’re protecting. The governor has no authority over them. Neither do they have any sense of urgency or patriotism to the community. So Amotekun will support them.

God bless Tinubu & God bless all SW governors for implementing it. I pray it yields positive results. Governing a region based on their unique cultural identity should not be a basis for fear. It’s being done successfully in the UK and Canada. The states don’t even need to be scrapped for it to be done successfully.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Hyperchi(m): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2020
the op says it the way it is, that the truth, northerners dominate most of those road been mentioned, especially apapa. but for me it a failed attempt by lagos gov and most of dis road are bad. let not be surprised this war may start in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Hyperchi(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2020
bakynes3:

Mr Conspiracy Theory. Most bike men from the North dont ply Major highways. They restrict themselves to inner roads.

like apapa-oshodi, or is it ojo, mile 2, isolo bridge, ikorodu, ikortun, ikeja, festac, agege,
my brother they are MTN

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Hyperchi(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2020
Stevecovey:
The Amotekun has nothing to do with the north. It has to do with RESTRUCTURING. The SW wants restructuring!!!!!! We have been asking for it since Jonathan’s confab. We want control over our region. It’s the only way we can develop. APC wrote it in their manifesto & dts why they were voted in. All plans to implement it by SW APC has been slow or scuttled. Buhari set up a committee for restructuring & nothing has bn done.

Amotekun is an important part of our security control. If we don’t get outright restructuring, we will take baby steps and get what we can get, till we get full restructuring & resource control. This country is too large to be controlled just by the center. There’s poverty everywhere, no movement forward because of political malaise (Nigeria is one car, but everyone wants to go in different directions so no movement). Bandits have started moving from Zamfara to osun state for gold & the police don’t know what’s going on. How will they know when the police commissioner in the states are from other regions and don’t even know the geography of the land they’re protecting. The governor has no authority over them. Neither do they have any sense of urgency or patriotism to the community.

God bless Tinubu & God bless all SW governors for implementing it. I pray it yields positive results. Governing a region based on their unique cultural identity should not be a basis for fear. It’s being done successfully in the UK and Canada. The states don’t even need to be scrapped for it to be done successfully.

when u got the VP u rejected the confab, now WA u see say tinz don change u come da cry wolf.
my brother accommodate Ur neighbor, u have a good history in that from the days of ur founding fathers till now, don't kill the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2020
Hyperchi:

when u got the VP u rejected the confab, now WA u see say tinz don change u come da cry wolf.
my brother accommodate Ur neighbor, u have a good history in that from the days of ur founding fathers till now, don't kill the spirit

Who rejected confab? Please I’m not interested in beer palour analysis. We are talking about solutions to challenges. Buhari himself allowed Amotekun to go ahead to satisfy the SW & it’s because he knows fully well he couldn’t get support from his people to restructure the country. Maybe he also has doubts & cant see the vision.

The SW will face a challenge the best way we deem fit. We will ensure the whole country EVENTUALLY supports restructuring. It’s not by shout or fight, it’s by showing pple it’s not a threatening idea.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by reality1010: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2020
Stevecovey:

Amotekun is an important part of our security control. If we don’t get outright restructuring, we will take baby steps and get what we can get, till we get full restructuring & resource control. This country is too large to be controlled just by the center. There’s poverty everywhere, no movement forward because of political malaise (Nigeria is one car, but everyone wants to go in different directions so no movement). Bandits have started moving from Zamfara to osun state for gold & the police don’t know what’s going on. How will they know when the police commissioner in the states are from other regions and don’t even know the geography of the land they’re protecting. The governor has no authority over them. Neither do they have any sense of urgency or patriotism to the community.

Why do you people like deceiving yourself forgetting that a lot of us are busy keeping history for you. Buhari never stopped restructuring rather your leaders did. Tinubu after gaining opportunity to the corridors of federal power rejected restructuring. Your VP, Osinbajo also kicked against restructuring. So stop accusing Buhari.
On Amotekun, it is good Yorubas want a regional security but I doubt if it s restructuring. Because it is among 6 South west States doesn't rate it restructuring. How about Hisbah, Civilian JTF, the security outfits in Enugu, Anamosa etc? South west has never clamored for absolute restructuring in the previous confabs. If you talk about the south east people and South South I will agree. South west r the ones that shot down resource control in the confab, and resource control is the key component of restructuring. It is fiscal federalism. Nigerians r watching South west on how they r going about the Amotekun issue. Of course, South East has been championing Biafra and also calling for a restructure of the system. Same with South South people. In fact, these two groups political zones have been tagged the bad groups of Nigeria. The middle belt people like the Tiv who are still confused, no apology to Waku, Unongo etc, have been looking for a log of wood to hold in the midst of a flooding ocean. The jukuns are still sleeping, while the Igala people do not understand what is happening. As Nigeria moves towards rearrangement, a lot will be affected, but better for a people that started their race on time.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by GMbuharii: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2020
statusquoante:

Are you an olod...

Shutt up grin
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by GMbuharii: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2020
statusquoante:

Are you an olod...

AUNTY grin
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Tranquillity360: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2020
Stevecovey:

Amotekun is an important part of our security control. If we don’t get outright restructuring, we will take baby steps and get what we can get, till we get full restructuring & resource control passed by the legislature. This country is too large to be controlled just by the center. There’s poverty everywhere, no movement forward because of political malaise (Nigeria is one car, but everyone wants to go in different directions so no movement). Bandits have started moving from Zamfara to osun state for gold & the police don’t know what’s going on. How will they know when the police commissioner in the states are from other regions and don’t even know the geography of the land they’re protecting. The governor has no authority over them. Neither do they have any sense of urgency or patriotism to the community. So Amotekun will support them.

Amotekun is a Yoruba Regional army to destroy nigeria unity.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2020
reality1010:

Why do you people like deceiving yourself forgetting that a lot of us are busy keeping history for you. Buhari never stopped restructuring rather your leaders did. Tinubu after gaining opportunity to the corridors of federal power rejected restructuring. Your VP, Osinbajo also kicked against restructuring. So stop accusing Buhari.
On Amotekun, it is good Yorubas want a regional security but I doubt if it s restructuring. Because it is among 6 South west States doesn't rate it restructuring. How about Hisbah, Civilian JTF, the security outfits in Enugu, Anamosa etc? South west has never clamored for absolute restructuring in the previous confabs. If you talk about the south east people and South South I will agree. South west r the ones that shot down resource control in the confab, and resource control is the key component of restructuring. It is fiscal federalism. Nigerians r watching South west on how they r going about the Amotekun issue. Of course, South East has been championing Biafra and also calling for a restructure of the system. Same with South South people. In fact, these two groups political zones have been tagged the bad groups of Nigeria. The middle belt people like the Tiv who are still confused, no apology to Waku, Unongo etc, have been looking for a log of wood to hold in the midst of a flooding ocean. The jukuns are still sleeping, while the Igala people do not understand what is happening. As Nigeria moves towards rearrangement, a lot will be affected, but better for a people that started their race on time.

How can I even take u serious when you don’t know who asked for what at the 2014 confab? Mscheew!

The SW APC have had several meetings in Ibadan, along with traditional rulers, asking Buhari to restructure. Osinbajo is an omoluabi. He is in Buharis government & must be loyal to the president & guess what? Amotekun got approved. This sandstorm will also be quelled wt wisdom. Everyone knows it won’t be easy.

Restructuring is not about Fulani herdsmen, it’s common sense. I’m sure afenifere (afenifeya) have been called to their senses for trying to politicize a serious issue. Useless political jobbers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Tranquillity360: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Stevecovey:

Who rejected confab? Please I’m not interested in beer palour analysis. We are talking about solutions to challenges. Buhari himself allowed Amotekun to go ahead to satisfy the SW & it’s because he knows fully well he couldn’t get support from his people to restructure the country. Maybe he also has doubts & cant see the vision.

The SW will face a challenge the best way we deem fit. We will ensure the whole country EVENTUALLY supports restructuring. It’s not by shout or fight, it’s by showing pple it’s not a threatening idea.

Restructuring you will never get.

Learn to accommodate everyone in our one nigeria.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Tranquillity360:

And here is the resident Igbo ass.wipe that ALWAYS retorts with his anus. Bye.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by helinues: 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Heheheh..

So Ganduje that also made same law about Okada riders did so to spite Southerners?
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
helinues:
Heheheh..

So Ganduje that also made same law about Okada riders did so to spite Southerners?
Lzaa must hear this.

cc gmbuharii ebenezar2020 sarrki greenback

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Simplecity(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please why are Northerners so salty is Lagos your own??....am from the South btw and from what am seeing the Yorubas are trying to improve themselves why Northerners dey take panadol on top another pesin headache...
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by famouscargo4u: 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
Northerners have no say whatsoever in the affairs of Lagos. If they feel aggrieved, they should relocate to wherever they came from. The affront is way too much and had to be checked.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by lordlugards: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
bakynes3:

you've not been to iya oba, volts, underbridge, alakija, mile2, orile. That is badagry express.
Second rainbow, willma and Apapa. Oshodi Apapa express.
Or orile to CMS.

Maybe u dey stay lekki

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by famouscargo4u: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Northern governors than ban okada throughout the state, are they anti-Northerners too?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by bakynes3: 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hyperchi:

like apapa-oshodi, or is it ojo, mile 2, isolo bridge, ikorodu, ikortun, ikeja, festac, agege,
my brother they are MTN
What are you talking about?Is Apapa-Oshodi not a Major Highway? I am a lover of Okada in Lagos because i so much detest traffic. I dont even use my Vehicle that much. So i know what am saying when i say Southerners ply the risky major high- ways while the Northerners ply more of inner roads.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Bukky244: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
Tranquillity360:

Whatever will help the country disintegrate should be encouraged. Though the North are jittery because they are scared of losing there monopoly of violence both through the military and militias created by them.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by F117nighthawk: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2020
lordlugards:

Why can't you Brain degraded tribalistic Nigerians use your head and have good brilliant and patriotic thoughts in mind,which one is anti north here by banning okada, for God sake why are u people so ignorant,in a civilised society which country will use okada as its means of transport on major highways, is it only northerners that are in okada business in lagos? many of these people u called northerners are not even Nigerians, they are from other countries like NIGER,CHAD, MALI and Co, more so do u know how many people are dead or permanently disabled because of this okada business?not to talk of major crimes committed with this trade,must u always attach sentiments to any major government policy, enough of all this ignorant nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Simplecity:
Please why are Northerners so salty is Lagos your own??....am from the South btw and from what am seeing the Yorubas are trying to improve themselves why Northerners dey take panadol on top another pesin headache...

famouscargo4u:
The Northern governors than ban okada throughout the state, are they anti-Northerners too?

bakynes3:

What are you talking about?Is Apapa-Oshodi not a Major Highway?.

F117nighthawk:

Why can't you Brain degraded tribalistic Nigerians use your head and have good brilliant and patriotic thoughts in mind,which one is anti north here by banning okada

The op @lordlugards that wrote this thread is Igbo, posing as a northerner to incite. So you guys shouldn’t bother.
I’m not even surprised cos my first instinct told me it was an igboman that wrote the thread. See his past posts:

:

1 Like

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by LZAA: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
immhotep:

Lzaa must hear this.

cc gmbuharii ebenezar2020 sarrki greenback

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by lordlugards: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
F117nighthawk:

Why can't you Brain degraded tribalistic Nigerians use your head and have good brilliant and patriotic thoughts in mind,which one is anti north here by banning okada, for God sake why are u people so ignorant,in a civilised society which country will use okada as its means of transport on major highways, is it only northerners that are in okada business in lagos? many of these people u called northerners are not even Nigerians, they are from other countries like NIGER,CHAD, MALI and Co, more so do u know how many people are dead or permanently disabled because of this okada business?not to talk of major crimes committed with this trade,must u always attach sentiments to any major government policy, enough of all this ignorant nonsense
my brother why are you talking it personal, we were raised to think and talk like this. This is Nigeria incase you are responding from USA or Canada.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by lordlugards: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Stevecovey:

The op @lordlugards that wrote this thread is Igbo, posing as a northerner to incite. So you guys shouldn’t bother.
I’m not even surprised cos my first instinct told me it was an igboman that wrote the thread. See his past posts:

:
mister investigator if you carefully read my last statement you will understand my message. I'm just writing to Mr Junaid Mohammed who always attack every policies made by any Southern Government.
Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Olugbanko: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
If it's a way of curtailing the excesses of the unruly northerners, it's a welcome development! they can return to the north where anything goes without checks and balances.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State New Law Restricting Okada On Major Highway Is Anti Northerner by Blue3k(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
Lagos state government has every right to regulate traffic laws. I dont understand the victimhood complex and paranoia that makes you believe they're after you. You're not special.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Man Owns One Of The Best Hospital In Jamaica-Min. Onyeama / Christians Preaches One Wife,Yet Their Men Have 10 Girlfriends – Ned Nwoko / Asiwaju Tinubu Showing Signs Of Parkinson Disease? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.