Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Help Please! Snow In Jos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help Please! Snow In Jos? (5970 Views)

King Of Jordan Helped Citizens Pushed Their Stuck Car Out Of The Snow(video) / Snow In Cairo,egypt For The First Time In Over 100 Years / Snow In Cairo, Egypt For The First Time In Over 100 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please! Snow In Jos? by joysit: 4:34am On Dec 08, 2010
Hi everyone, i represented nigeria with pictures in my school in france, i told them about the history of nigeria, 26 banques, 22 aéroport, 4 internationaux aéroport which are kano or kanu, port-harcourt, lagos and abuja,  oil, 154, 729 000 millions population ou d'habitants, 26 langue, 250 ethnic group, mountain, snow in jos? etc. But she in the public that is not true! that nigeria has never had a snow in jos nig that the population now is 120million, 350ethnics? Is it true

even when i told them about the mining industry that nigeria was a major producer of gold, tin, columbite, coal before they discover oil in 1956 she said what? NIGERIA? NON! NON! cos she believe nigerians are very poor country, she was surprise when she saw beautiful pictures of nigeria and alot of people in the class where saying nigeria is very big and beautiful etc.

PLEASE help with a website if there are any i just want to prove her wrong with the website of snow in jos showing her that  this is where i found it. PLEASE can somone help me with a website that is showing that?
or is there no snow in jos sometime ago?
maybe i'm wrong there was never snow in jos? i said that cos i found some photo saying is jos and when i was in nigeria people use to say there are little amount of snow in JOS?

please let me know if there are mistakes and corrections thanks.
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by oyinda3(f): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-83064.0.html
read this thread. Apparently there was a snowfall in 1978 and Jos has a hailstorm (where it rains ice pebbles) every year during the cold season.

and your population and ethnicity statistics is correct.
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2836.htm
just print out the link and show it to them.

Don't let anybody put you down or try to tell you that they know more about your country than you do.
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by joysit: 1:23am On Dec 11, 2010
your message was very helpful, merci beaucoup c'est gentil! Dieu te benisse au revoir.
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by Kilode1: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2010
Good job Oyinda.!

@joysit, I think Oyinda. said it all.

Also, Nigeria did produce considerable amounts of those Minerals especially Coal in the eastern region and Tin/iron ore in the Jos plateau region. The Jos cold weather attracted many european expatriate mining workers before we found crude oil and abandoned other mineral mining.

You can also check the site below to see examples of people living in beautiful cold Jos, I'm not certain it snows but I believe it gets very cold enough for them to have fireplaces smiley

Finally, like Oyinda said, you don't need anyone telling you about your country. You are sure doing well by yourself. I bet they don't have sunshine like we do.

http://thepaynes./

[img]http://thepaynes.files./2009/12/christmas-3.jpg[/img]
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by tpia1: 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^is that jos?

i dont think i've ever seen a fireplace in nigeria, since it's a hot country, save for the jos area.

gosh, i wish they'd stop the fighting over there!!!!
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by Kilode1: 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^ yea it's Jos and not only in European or Expatriate quarters.

Many locals have fireplaces in their homes too.  I just wish they will stop the hate and appreciate that beautiful state and city. It's a shame really.
Re: Help Please! Snow In Jos? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:06am On Dec 15, 2010
I was born in Jos and call Jos my Home. As far as I know there has never been any reports of snow in the jos area, but on very cold years we'd had reports of frost in the highest peaks in the hills around Liberty dam. They called Sherey Hills, my spelling is wrong but anyone from Jos knows where I'm talking about. I've also heard rumors that it snowed in Vom a small town outside Jos by Bukuru.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do They Hate Been Called Yoruba / Ibadan City Has 20 Of The 23 Radio Stations In Oyo State / Endangered African American Musical Instruments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.