Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 (583 Views)

Reno Omokri: Reject IPOB By Rejecting Peter Obi Who Put Biafran Flag On His Beer / El-rufai: I Withdrew My Son From Public School Because Of Kidnappers / The 'Terrorists' Of IPOB By Femi Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by BSMS(f): 11:58am On Jan 21, 2020
WHY I WITHDREW MY SUPPORT FROM IPOB
(By Rambo 005)

The following are my personal reasons for not taking IPOB seriously anymore. For anyone who is disappointed, let's have our different views on the matter.

(1) First, IPOB members are highly uninformed. The way you know this is that they believe they know everything better than anyone that doesn't agree with their methods. Trying to reason with them is a waste of your time because even when it is clear that they are not making the right points, they will tell you that Biafra is a spirit and therefore you can't understand it. When you point out that their leadership has no plan, they will tell you that you should not expect their leader to reveal his plan. So he must have some secret plans.

(2) IPOB leadership or movement runs on reflex. There is no program of action and they were not patient. It is one propaganda or the other. But above all it cashes in on the ignorance and emotions of its followers. For instance, there was a propaganda about Buhari dying and being replaced by Jubrin. Then there is the propaganda of how President Trump and United Nations and the European Union respectively agreed to recognize Biafra. Well, if Jubrin exists, the American CIA would know. And if America had plans to free Biafra, that would be a perfect excuse. If Obama gave us Buhari and Trump is against Obama, Trump will like to undo what Obama did. The best way to do so will be to expose Jubrin.

(3) You cannot run any system based on petty and easily exposeable and needless lies. One, European Union has not tabled or considered any resolution on Biafra, not even a mention in the past 20 years. Neither has the United Nation nor American Government, nor Israel. Why lie about such? Why not tell the people that this is something you're working toward? Why get people to believe you could arrest Buhari in Japan? That is an impossibility. Yet you sell that to your followers.

(4) As far back as 2012, Nnamdi Kanu met Igbos n Diaspora in Illinois and said to them: "We need money to buy bullets to fight against Nigeria" and they foolishly contributed. I call it foolishly because what you need are rockets, not bullets. Then he shared pictures of some bumps with one den gun and he said it was Biafrans preparing for war, and many believed it. In the end, not even a bullet was bought. He claimed he had some undisclosed weapons that would sink Nigeria. And some believed him. It is like these people are living in fantasy island.

(5) At some point, a reasonable person comes to the conclusion that IPOB is just about trading or cashing in on the strong emotions about Biafra.

(6) There is no intellectual or ideological depth behind IPOB activities. Everything is reversible and on impulse. They have not even considered how to deal with the fact that the Biafran minorities are suspicious of the Igbos. The fact is that the Ijaw and Izon people will be minorities in Biafra and not even a basic thought has gone to that. These were the people who treated the properties of the Igbos as abandoned properties. There must have been a level of discomfort in them about the Igbos for that to happen. So, you need a strong effort to rebuild trust.

(7) Biafra is just a construct and territorial presumption. Odumegwu Ojukwu was able to organize the area called Biafra as a unit because he was already the military Governor of the area. To break his hold over the entire territorial space, Gowon broke the Eastern Region (Biafra) into 3 new states. Ojukwu understood that there was nothing that naturally bound the Biafrans together other than the fact that they were in one state created by the federal government and governed by Ojukwu . It is not the commonness of language. It is not necessarily the commonness of culture. In fact, the culture of the Orkamu and Ukpa of Benue State are closer to the culture of Nsukka of Enugu State more than the culture of Nsukka is close to Ijaw people. But why is Ijaw part of Biafra and Orkamu is not? The only reason is that Ijaw land was in the Eastern Region under the control of Governor Ojukwu in 1967, while Orkamu was not.

(cool So, it is naive to assume that Biafra as a territory is so definitive. Nobody now can be said to be in the same shoes as Ojukwu was in 1967 to assume to speak for all the communities in the former Eastern Rejoin. You need to carry out serious and sustained underground campaign to bring the different communities together.

(9) Biafra (Eastern Region) is not in the same shoes as the Western Region. The Western Region is the Yorubas. They have one language and one culture. Those are natural ties and bonds. They will not have much problems forming a single country. But Biafrans comprise of over 50 tribes speaking 50 different languages etc. The tendency to treat Biafra as synonymous with Igbo is very annoying to non-Igbos in Biafra.

(10) Is IPOB ready and capable of doing what is necessary to get all the people in Biafra to agree to break off together as one country? The answer is no.

(11) Indeed, by pretending it has requisite ability and that it is on top of it, they seriously diminish the chances or reviving Biafra.

I really cannot support the noise and misdirection called IPOB. Don't be offended. That's my own opinion. Feel free to have yours.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by sweetonugbu: 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by jimyjames(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
The only Rambo we know is John Rambo
Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by Tranquillity360: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mr jombo Ipob don't need your support nor your opinion.
A daft Biafran is wiser than the wisest one nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by gidgiddy: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
For me personally, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are not the issue. I believe that us Igbos should have our own separate country where we can manage our selves and our affairs. Wether that country is called Biafra or another name is besides the point. I want the independence of Igbo land because Nigeria is tragic disaster. If there are other minorities, who on their own, decide they want to leave with Igbos, I am not against as long as it consensual.

So I support any group that supports the independence of Igbo land, be it IPOB, MASSOB or BZF.

What those people are doing is not easy. They face the might of the Nigerian government that has all the machinery of state at its disposal

Its not easy

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by PFRB: 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
When you said western Nigeria is only Yoruba is when I knew that you do not know much. In fact you are very shallow.
Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
BSMS:
WHY I WITHDREW MY SUPPORT FROM IPOB
(By Rambo 005)

The following are my personal reasons for not taking IPOB seriously anymore. For anyone who is disappointed, let's have our different views on the matter.

(1) First, IPOB members are highly uninformed. The way you know this is that they believe they know everything better than anyone that doesn't agree with their methods. Trying to reason with them is a waste of your time because even when it is clear that they are not making the right points, they will tell you that Biafra is a spirit and therefore you can't understand it. When you point out that their leadership has no plan, they will tell you that you should not expect their leader to reveal his plan. So he must have some secret plans.

(2) IPOB leadership or movement runs on reflex. There is no program of action and they were not patient. It is one propaganda or the other. But above all it cashes in on the ignorance and emotions of its followers. For instance, there was a propaganda about Buhari dying and being replaced by Jubrin. Then there is the propaganda of how President Trump and United Nations and the European Union respectively agreed to recognize Biafra. Well, if Jubrin exists, the American CIA would know. And if America had plans to free Biafra, that would be a perfect excuse. If Obama gave us Buhari and Trump is against Obama, Trump will like to undo what Obama did. The best way to do so will be to expose Jubrin.

(3) You cannot run any system based on petty and easily exposeable and needless lies. One, European Union has not tabled or considered any resolution on Biafra, not even a mention in the past 20 years. Neither has the United Nation nor American Government, nor Israel. Why lie about such? Why not tell the people that this is something you're working toward? Why get people to believe you could arrest Buhari in Japan? That is an impossibility. Yet you sell that to your followers.

(4) As far back as 2012, Nnamdi Kanu met Igbos n Diaspora in Illinois and said to them: "We need money to buy bullets to fight against Nigeria" and they foolishly contributed. I call it foolishly because what you need are rockets, not bullets. Then he shared pictures of some bumps with one den gun and he said it was Biafrans preparing for war, and many believed it. In the end, not even a bullet was bought. He claimed he had some undisclosed weapons that would sink Nigeria. And some believed him. It is like these people are living in fantasy island.

(5) At some point, a reasonable person comes to the conclusion that IPOB is just about trading or cashing in on the strong emotions about Biafra.

(6) There is no intellectual or ideological depth behind IPOB activities. Everything is reversible and on impulse. They have not even considered how to deal with the fact that the Biafran minorities are suspicious of the Igbos. The fact is that the Ijaw and Izon people will be minorities in Biafra and not even a basic thought has gone to that. These were the people who treated the properties of the Igbos as abandoned properties. There must have been a level of discomfort in them about the Igbos for that to happen. So, you need a strong effort to rebuild trust.

(7) Biafra is just a construct and territorial presumption. Odumegwu Ojukwu was able to organize the area called Biafra as a unit because he was already the military Governor of the area. To break his hold over the entire territorial space, Gowon broke the Eastern Region (Biafra) into 3 new states. Ojukwu understood that there was nothing that naturally bound the Biafrans together other than the fact that they were in one state created by the federal government and governed by Ojukwu . It is not the commonness of language. It is not necessarily the commonness of culture. In fact, the culture of the Orkamu and Ukpa of Benue State are closer to the culture of Nsukka of Enugu State more than the culture of Nsukka is close to Ijaw people. But why is Ijaw part of Biafra and Orkamu is not? The only reason is that Ijaw land was in the Eastern Region under the control of Governor Ojukwu in 1967, while Orkamu was not.

(cool So, it is naive to assume that Biafra as a territory is so definitive. Nobody now can be said to be in the same shoes as Ojukwu was in 1967 to assume to speak for all the communities in the former Eastern Rejoin. You need to carry out serious and sustained underground campaign to bring the different communities together.

(9) Biafra (Eastern Region) is not in the same shoes as the Western Region. The Western Region is the Yorubas. They have one language and one culture. Those are natural ties and bonds. They will not have much problems forming a single country. But Biafrans comprise of over 50 tribes speaking 50 different languages etc. The tendency to treat Biafra as synonymous with Igbo is very annoying to non-Igbos in Biafra.

(10) Is IPOB ready and capable of doing what is necessary to get all the people in Biafra to agree to break off together as one country? The answer is no.

(11) Indeed, by pretending it has requisite ability and that it is on top of it, they seriously diminish the chances or reviving Biafra.

I really cannot support the noise and misdirection called IPOB. Don't be offended. That's my own opinion. Feel free to have yours.

you may be on point and your opinions expressed here are personal and yours.........let me tell you something, Trump cannot undue the Buhari you said Obama install...there is something they call classified information and if its in the interest of the American dream, no wahala. Nnamdi Kanu may have given us a clue, why hasn't there been an investigative journalism on the issue? on your part have you compare buhari pictures, videos and speech as of 2011, 2014, 2015 and now? what did you notice?
also the south west have different languages too just that they are so similair. we have the egbas, the oguns, etc so they are not same in youruba land.
Biafra may have waded down but if the injustice against southern Nigeria n the east especially continue, agitations will arise. May God bless Nigeria
Re: Why I Withdrew My Support From Ipob By Rambo 005 by pazienza(m): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
) There is no intellectual or ideological depth behind IPOB activities. Everything is reversible and on impulse. They have not even considered how to deal with the fact that the Biafran minorities are suspicious of the Igbos. The fact is that the Ijaw and Izon people will be minorities in Biafra and not even a basic thought has gone to that. These were the people who treated the properties of the Igbos as abandoned properties. There must have been a level of discomfort in them about the Igbos for that to happen. So, you need a strong effort to rebuild trust.

You don't need to build trust of a people who kicked on you when you were at your weakest point, joined your enemies to mock you, seized your hard earned property as war booty.

What you need from them are these :

1. Contrite Apology and relinquishing of your stolen property.

2. If the above don't happen. Then you know they are demonic and still harbour evil plans against you. So you don't seek for Unity with them, you seek to protect yourself from them by building a fence between them and yourself and then protect the fence.

3. Grow your self strong and get your revenge on them if they continue remaining unrepentant and wicked.

In all, what you don't do is begging for Unity with them, that's serious sign of lack of group esteem, it is actually sheer stupidity. This is exactly why I not only stopped being apologetic to IPOB, but have developed loathe for their modus operandi.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Abokis In Severe Pain Over Amotekun ? Why So Scared Of Yorubas / ‘God Must Be A Bayelsan! / Supreme Court Made Its Final Decision Over Ihedioha – Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.